I Guess I Shouldn't Have Done That...

Well my first ever world was quite a good one, there was a Pig Village with the Pig King, a Savannah with Beefalos (Sorry if I spelled that wrong), a swamp (scared the living day lights out of me when a random tentacle appeared) and much more wonders but I kept ending up dead due to not enough resources to make a fire as I would be on about Day 4-6 and be trying to get a fire pit instead, so like an idiot I generated a new world and now can't get a good one.

Guess I shouldn't have done that. :(

Also can someone please tell me what generation type is usually better for good worlds, you know, Default or Test?

Edited by LeafyMelissa

My starter map is amazing. I start right by a moderate graveyard, with pigs and beefalo beside each other, and even a southern quarry. I will regret the day I eventually gen a new one. It's good for training purposes!

You shouldn't have done that

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

On topic: The test generator is quite buggy right now, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you don't mind the risk of a poorly balanced world, not having a pig king, or completely inaccessible islands.

My 5th or 6th map was and is still(I didn't generated new world!) awesome. I live on a Savannah biome. Swamp is 2 steps to the east and beefalos are 10 steps to the west. Pig village with pig king is 10 steps to the north. It's just amazing ^^ I forgot about spiders and rocky biome. It's 10 steps to the south xD

The Test world seems to be a bit unbalanced but its a lot more interesting to explore. It has a lot of spider dens, mine seems to have very few Beefalo and no Pig King yet. Id wait for the next patch and improvements to the new Test generator if you want a world to settle on permanently.

I personally tend to generate a new map every time I have to start over and take what I get. If I get a hard map? Good.

Its the only way :)