DUN DUN DUN... NEW FILES IN CAVE BETA?

The blue mushtree started to spit out the blue spores during winter. Im guessing each tree emits the spores during a specific season.
 That's correct.

They can be caught with a net and are perishable.

local data ={    small =    { --Green        bank = "mushroom_tree_small",        build = "mushroom_tree_small",        season = SEASONS.SPRING,        bloom_build = "mushroom_tree_small_bloom",        spore = "spore_small",        icon = "mushroom_tree_small.png",        loot = {"log", "green_cap"},        work = TUNING.MUSHTREE_CHOPS_SMALL,        lightradius = 1.0,        lightcolour = {146/255, 225/255, 146/255},    },    medium =    { --Red        bank = "mushroom_tree_med",        build = "mushroom_tree_med",        season = SEASONS.SUMMER,        bloom_build = "mushroom_tree_med_bloom",        spore = "spore_medium",        icon = "mushroom_tree_med.png",        loot = {"log", "red_cap"},        work = TUNING.MUSHTREE_CHOPS_MEDIUM,        lightradius = 1.25,        lightcolour = {197/255, 126/255, 126/255},    },    tall =    { --Blue        bank = "mushroom_tree",        build = "mushroom_tree_tall",        season = SEASONS.WINTER,        bloom_build = "mushroom_tree_tall_bloom",        spore = "spore_tall",        icon = "mushroom_tree.png",        loot = {"log", "log", "blue_cap"},        work = TUNING.MUSHTREE_CHOPS_TALL,        lightradius = 1.5,        lightcolour = {111/255, 111/255, 227/255},        webbable = true,    },} 

Other things I've found (warning, spoilers):

• It looks like tentapillars now function something like wormholes when they retract
  • Blue mushtrees can be "webbed", causing them to work like dropper webs in the ruins, I think
  • There are false wormlight plants that give you crappy wormlights (tricky!)
  • The strings suggest that spores will be used to make mushtrees, but I don't see it implemented yet.
  • There are files and strings for a portal between servers (not cave-surface, but friend servers or something)
  • There are strings for a "claw glove" -- "Gets rid of tough obstacles." According to tuning.lua, it has 200 uses (like a spear), and does 51 damage, like a tentacle spike. The prefab file for it is missing, though.
  • There's inventory art for mushroom "wedges" of each color, and a "mushroomhat"

@Lumina, Those are the "wedges". I'm guessing we'll get them from mushtrees somehow, but they don't have prefab files yet.

Oh ! I wasn't knowing what "wedges" mean.

Either that or when you chop down a mush tree those will drop instead of the regular mushrooms. They do look very similar to fungus you find growing off a tree rather than the standard umbrella type mushrooms that currently drop.

Maybe when the mushtree is in the state when it emit the little spore ? It have another graphisms in this state, close to the graphisms of the "wedges"

Archived