Let's talk about Webber

Webber! He's really cool! He has a silky delicious beard and he can eat monster meat and he has

but...

Those spiders are automatically hostile to other players. This makes it tricky for Webber to base with other players who aren't also Webbers. Maybe Webber should be able to craft a spray bottle of Spidery Scent or a Silky Veil or something that makes spiders non-aggressive towards the wearer of one of these two things but makes pigs aggressive to them? Sort of like the Spiderhat but without followers. Anyway, without any changes, what are your strategies when playing as Webber with other characters? Also, does anyone know what happens when you wear a Spiderhat near Webber's already allied spiders?

I think webber is in need of a buff, i mean hes good and has good pros, but i mean, he has like 100 sanity which is extremely low, i always find myself picking flowers everyday just to keep it up.

EDIT: wow, i forgot completely about hats, definitely will use them next time!

I think webber is in need of a buff, i mean hes good and has good pros, but i mean, he has like 100 sanity which is extremely low, i always find myself picking flowers everyday just to keep it up.

I find that his easily acquired silk which can be used for top hats, nice warmish beard, 175 health, 175 belly points, and

to make up for it.

Reminds me of the handkerchief from metal gear solid. I like this suggestion, I'd love to see it requiring gross items to be crafted.

It could be easy to craft, like some glands, silks, monster meats or hard, like spider hat, spider eggs, also why not the phlegm, even if that doesn't sound relevant, so it becomes a late game reward.

Webber! He's really cool! He has a silky delicious beard and he can eat monster meat and he has

but...

Those spiders are automatically hostile to other players. This makes it tricky for Webber to base with other players who aren't also Webbers. Maybe Webber should be able to craft a spray bottle of Spidery Scent or a Silky Veil or something that makes spiders non-aggressive towards the wearer of one of these two things but makes pigs aggressive to them? Sort of like the Spiderhat but without followers. Anyway, without any changes, what are your strategies when playing as Webber with other characters? Also, does anyone know what happens when you wear a Spiderhat near Webber's already allied spiders?

Meh. I think that´s part of the challengeof his character. 

Webber is really OP if you think about it, all you need to do is sit in a spider nest and nobody can touch you.

I haven't had many problems camping with Webber to be honest. I just let them know that their Spider nest needs to be about a screen or two away from the camp. It seems to work fine as they still have their Spiders close enough for resources, but they don't have to worry about them skittering around other players as much. 

Webber has quick and easy access to silk, craft Top Hats, sanity problems fixed.

Wait tater are you capable of being serious. w00t +999 respect points

If the spider hat works I don't see why we would need another item. If it doesn't, then yes, we need some late-game item that allows webber to overcome his essentially only drawback in multiplayer.

(I don't DST a lot)

1. I don't think Webber needs a buff; his sanity is almost too little of a balance to his OP use of spiders, both for combat and endless silk/glands (and extras if you set up in/near a swamp).

I don't think we need an item to stop spiders attacking players, we already have the spider hat, which is accessed extremely easily by Webber since he can kill queens with little trouble. 

What would be nice is a command to dismiss Webber's spiders. 

Webber is most definitely not in need of a buff, he has one of the easiest early to mid game transitions of any character due to the fact that he can just chug raw Monster Meat for sustenance. Sanity is a minor early problem that can be compensated with smart play or just going to the Desert for that OP Cactus. He also gets a guaranteed Top Hat on Day 7 which pretty much patches up that Sanity weakness until mid-Winter when you can more easily keep your Sanity up.

His ease in farming spiders also makes Health a non-issue, as they drop a crap ton of glands. That + his bottomless silk means he has a ton of utility that remains extremely useful until the late game.

Low maximum Sanity is also not much of a downside once you are able to manage it, as it makes going insane for Nightmare Fuel much less risky and resource consuming.

All in all I rate Webber as above average, his only major flaw is he can't be nice with pigs, otherwise it is pretty much all positives.

Webber is particularly nice in many aspects, but the buff I wish would happen is recruiting multiple spiders with one meat item. That option is available in the base game of RoG, but only one spider can be recruited with any meat item in DST. This presents a problem because of the scarcity of food with multiple players. To be perfectly honest, I never use this feature in DST because of how wasteful it is. At least cap it at 3 or 4 spiders per meat item...

• I don't think Webber needs a buff; his sanity is almost too little of a balance to his OP use of spiders, both for combat and endless silk/glands (and extras if you set up in/near a swamp).
  • I don't think we need an item to stop spiders attacking players, we already have the spider hat, which is accessed extremely easily by Webber since he can kill queens with little trouble.
  • What would be nice is a command to dismiss Webber's spiders.
Your name is ******* hilarious to me for some reason.

Archived