Game Update - 137679 - 5/27/2015

137679 137662 137619 - 5/27/2015

Changes

• Wigfrid’s Battleborn talent has been rebalanced for multiplayer, where targets are often shared amongst several players, and is now triggered and prorated on each hit instead of on the killing blow
  • Reduced the amount of meat dropped by Volt Goats
  • Volt Goats can now interrupt their bleating, for example, to run away
  • Volt Goats will now run away from threats when they aren’t charged
  • Birds in bird cages now spoil at 25% of their normal rate
  • Birds in bird cages will accept cooked and dried monster meat again

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash that can happen when viewing a server with custom settings
  • Fixed a crash that may occur after an explosion destroys your equipped items
  • Properly cancel pinned state when electrocuted
  • Properly ignore area sleep effects when frozen or pinned

• Wigfrid’s Battleborn talent has been rebalanced for multiplayer, where targets are often shared amongst several players, and is now triggered and prorated on each hit instead of on the killing blow

What is that supposed to mean? I don't get it :/

137619 - 5/27/2015

Changes

• Reduced the amount of meat dropped by Volt Goats
  • Volt Goats can now interrupt their bleating, for example, to run away
  • Volt Goats will now run away from threats when they aren’t charged
  • Birds in bird cages now spoil at 25% of their normal rate
  • Birds in bird cages will accept cooked and dried monster meat again
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a crash that can happen when viewing a server with custom settings
  • Fixed a crash that may occur after an explosion destroys your equipped items
  • Properly cancel pinned state when electrocuted
  • Properly ignore area sleep effects when frozen or pinned

my reactions to the updates:

-Hooray

-Aw dangit now it's an even harder decision to kill them because they dont breed

-shoot

-shoot

-SHOOT

-HAH YAY

What is that supposed to mean? I don't get it :/

Is that the part where she gains N% of enemy's attack damage as HP+sanity bonus for every kill?

Maybe they fixed it so it's now based on how much damage Wigfrid did to the monster.

@XirmiX, Wigfrid got a Nerf is what it means, finally. She no longer gains Health & Sanity for killing, instead she gains a tiny amount of both every 5 hits on a target or so. 

Why would it say "on each hit" if it's every 5 hits or so?

On a more serious note, apparently the health you get back and how many hits you have to deal varies depending on what enemy you're hitting. It seems to be different depending on the "tags" associated with each entity.

On a more serious note, apparently the health you get back and how many hits you have to deal varies depending on what enemy you're hitting. It seems to be different depending on the "tags" associated with each entity.

It was always based on the enemy you're fighting.

More specifically, it was a percentage of the damage that they could deal to you (unarmored) w/ a single hit.

The wig change was much wanted. Thank you.

But you still got easily wrecked. I'll remember to rek you in PvP asa you enter with Wickerbottom :-) see you in the next PvP, psycho!

Btw, technically Wigfrid didn't get nerfed, more like buffed (mathematically speaking, I think).

But you still got easily wrecked. I'll remember to rek you in PvP asa you enter with Wickerbottom :-) see you in the next PvP, psycho!

Btw, technically Wigfrid didn't get nerfed, more like buffed (mathematically speaking, I think).

We're doing this. We're seriously doing this. A naked Wickerbottom versus two Wigfrids and you feel pro?

Okay. Okay.

Go work on another one of your mods :)

As Wigfrid:

Now, when you hit an enemy, you deal damage (depending on your weapon) to its max health.

Be percent equal damage / health.

Be delta equal to the damage of your enemy * 0.25 * percent, making it fall inside an interval of from 0.33 to 2.

When you hit an enemy, you add that delta to the battleborn variable.

If you exceed the threshold, (now being 1), you add battleborn to your health and sanity.

Then it resets to 0.

Battleborn stored also decays over 5 seconds, after a 3 second store period passes.

Now, some math. Let us be Wigfrid, with a battle spear, against a hound, then a deerclops.

Hound damage: 20

Hound health: 150

Battle spear damage: 42.5 (Wigfrid's damage would be 53.125)

Hits needed to kill as Wigfrid: 3

Hound:

Pre patch:

Health and sanity gained, onkill: 20 * 0.25 = 5

Post patch:

percent = 42.5 / 150 = 0.283

delta = 20 * 0.25 * percent = 1.415 (clamped into 1.415)

1.415 > 1, so battleborn gets triggered per hit then resetted to 0.

So 1.415 in 3 hits needed to kill the hound = 4.245

Deerclops damage: 150

Deerclops health: 4000

Hits needed to kill as Wigfrid: 76

Deerclops:

Pre patch:

Health and sanity gained, onkill: 150 * 0.25 = 37,5

Post patch, assuming you don't let battleborn decay:

percent = 42.5 / 4000 = 0.010625

delta = 150 * 0.25 * percent = 0.398 (clamped into 0.398)

0.398 < 1, so battleborn gets triggered every 3 hits, after reaching 0.398 * 3 = 1.194 > 1.

76 / 3 = 25.333 = 25 triggers

So 1.194 * 25 = 29.85 health and sanity gained total

If you let battleborn decay to 0, and you don't manage to build it beyond 1, you will need to build up more battleborn, so that gain is best case scenario, kiting may decay your battleborn. Also, killing the deerclops on a lucky one hit after its worn out won't do anything for you.

Also, the better your weapon, the better the battleborn.

Spider health: 100

Spider damage: 20

Hits needed to kill as Wigfrid: 2

Pre patch:

20 * 0.25 = 5

Post patch:

percent = 42.5 / 100 = 0.425

delta = 20 * 0.25 * percent = 2.125 (clamped into 2)

2 > 1, so battleborn gets triggered every hit.

2 * 2 = 4 gained after two hits needed to kill a spider.

Overall:

Wigfrid nerfed for big meany creatures.

Wigfrid no longer will benefit for having the last hit on something, she needs to buildup and contribute hits.

However, her stat recovery capabilities, farming things like spiders, remain.

As Wigfrid:

Now, when you hit an enemy, you deal damage (depending on your weapon) to its max health.

Be delta equal to the damage of your enemy * 0.25 * percent, making it fall inside an interval of from 0.33 to 2.

If you exceed the threshold, (now being 1), you add battleborn to your health and sanity.

Then it resets to 0.

Battleborn stored also decays over 5 seconds, after a 3 second store period passes.

Now, some math. Let us be Wigfrid, with a battle spear, against a hound, then a deerclops.

Hound:

Pre patch:

Post patch:

Deerclops:

Pre patch:

0.398 < 1, so battleborn gets triggered every 3 hits, after reaching 0.398 * 3 = 1.194 > 1.

If you let battleborn decay to 0, and you don't manage to build it beyond 1, you will need to build up more battleborn, so that gain is best case scenario, kiting may decay your battleborn. Also, killing the deerclops on a lucky one hit after its worn out won't do anything for you.

Pre patch:

20 * 0.25 = 5

Post patch:

Overall:

Wigfrid no longer will benefit for having the last hit on something, she needs to buildup and contribute hits.

I actually think this fits her warrioress "need to be entrenched in battle at all times" personality better than the previous Battleborn, tbh.

It's going to suck against those big meanies, as you say, but she will actually gain health / sanity DURING the fight w/ them as opposed to just when she lands the killing blow, which may be more helpful in practice.

I actually think this fits her warrioress "need to be entrenched in battle at all times" personality better than the previous Battleborn, tbh.

It's going to suck against those big meanies, as you say, but she will actually gain health / sanity DURING the fight w/ them as opposed to just when she lands the killing blow, which may be more helpful in practice.

Gaining health in battle is better than afterwards, I think, but Sanity not so much.

We're doing this. We're seriously doing this. A naked Wickerbottom versus two Wigfrids and you feel pro?

Okay. Okay.

Go work on another one of your mods :)

K byyyyeeeeeeee...

XD it's funny how you actually responded to my post. And what the hell is with you tanting me as if I declared myself a pvp god. Mate, I'm new to pvp, other players are probably one of the most complex programmed mobs in the game :p

And you know what, just for the sake of it, I'm gonna throw your taunt back at you:

You get the other player to sleep andfeel drouzy and you feel pro?

Okay. Okay.

Go back to play on single player!

As Wigfrid:

Then it resets to 0.

Hound:

Pre patch:

Post patch:

Deerclops:

Pre patch:

Pre patch:

20 * 0.25 = 5

Post patch:

Overall:

Okay, I never stated that I knew for sure whether Wigfrid got nerfed or buffed in general mathematically, I just said that's what I thought. Though, I think that her getting health from battles, be it hitting an opponent or killing it is OP and that she would be in more of a balance with other characters if her sanity only went up from this and not health. And yes, as much as I might seem like I want this and that just so it's all cozy and comfy for my gameplay, I do actually care about balance, hence why Wigfrid gaining health from fighting is something I oppose, unless someone can reason with me why that should stay in place.

I don't quite understand how is that nerf for Wigfrid. She now gains sanity and health WHILE in combat instead of after combat. How is that nerf? :D Also if someone else steals your kill, it doesn't matter for Wigfrid anymore as she gains it just by being in combat. Based on DarkXero post, she gainst only 21% less than before, but it will now be much more consistent.

It can even keep you alive sometimes, because it's basically active life stealing so if you end combat on low hp, it means you would be dead before this update.

And as I wrote, you don't have to strike last hit anymore which is huge buff imo.

Archived