Game Update - 137679 - 5/27/2015

Battle spear damage: 42.5 (Wigfrid's damage would be 53.125)
 I'm guessing that it using the weapon damage instead of Wigfrid's actual damage with the weapon is probably an accident. I think the idea was to have to be the same total regen in most cases if Wigfrid is fighting something alone. Although it's worth noting that in some cases if that change were made it would overheal a bit, since it's not capping the damage at the amount of health remaining.

It's going to suck against those big meanies, as you say, but she will actually gain health / sanity DURING the fight w/ them as opposed to just when she lands the killing blow, which may be more helpful in practice.
I don't think the amount of health gain during big fights is really relevant-- you're getting 1 health/sanity every 3 hits or so.

I don't think the amount of health gain during big fights is really relevant-- you're getting 1 health/sanity every 3 hits or so.

Perhaps, perhaps not.  For me, I don't mind having a slight health / sanity regen running over the course of the fight as opposed to a bigger heal happening only if I land the killing blow only.

Once the fight is over, I can get health / sanity back a lot easier than during, imo.

Every 3 hits or so is pretty much gaining ~1 health back every single attack round, since you generally have to duck away from a big nasty at around that time anyway.

It wasn't a nerf, it was a rebalance for multiplayer.

After carefully examining the stats, you can tell pretty clearly that overall it's a general nerf. Sure, there are times where the new Wigfrid beats out the other (beating on something then running away) but the benefit is so small it's insignificant. This is a good thing.

After carefully examining the stats, you can tell pretty clearly that overall it's a general nerf. Sure, there are times where the new Wigfrid beats out the other (beating on something then running away) but the benefit is so small it's insignificant. This is a good thing.

Well, perhaps I shouldn't have said it wasn't a nerf, per se.  But I see this more along the lines of rebalancing the armor durability, etc for DST.

With more players on the server, Wigfrid is no longer really forced to do all of the upfront fighting of creatures to feed herself if others are willing to help out.

I'm glad that they at least let her keep her damage / defense boosts intact.

I still think Wigfrid could use more of a general nerf. When joining pvp servers, She has the gear to immediately kill those who enter the portal, putting others at a disadvantage.

To make this better there are three options Klei could do

-Make the helmet break easier

-Don't allow wigfrid to spawn with gear. Just meat (To compensate for her meat only debuff).

-Remove her spear and leave her just the helmet (Armor makes no difference at the start, more effective later).

But this is just my 2 cents.

@SuperPsiPower, I don't think those changes are really needed. There is no point to killing anyone as they just enter, it just means sanity drain right of the bat for everyone. The only times I see anyone fighting at spawn is when people just want to be dicks, and surprisingly that doesn't happen very often. Most people who join a PvP server want to give everyone else time to prepare so that they can have a good hard fight, there is little to no advantage from spawn killing as it is. 

Archived