@Creeps in the Deeps recruiting !@

Lampofulmine

• Developer

Hmm... You could use the existing textures, part by part and make it so that, say tentacle1 changes some of its textures that of tentacle3 or something. You have bones set up, right? If you can send me the file through PM, I could attempt to annimate one tentacle to the best of my ability, and if need be, add some textures, as it doesn't seem like they would be too hard to recreate due to the artstyle simplicity, I just need to wait till my new PC arrives to do that. So, I'll try to animate one tentacle, and then you can see whether you are fine with that and then can use that as an example to do the other tentacles. Would you be ok with that?

From what I understood, he already has the animations done, he just needs help aubstituting the balls for tentacles.

What happen if that creature is the new mob in the ShipWrecked???

I don't think this will happen :/

Hello People !! Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, shady is back ... (enough) !

Sorry for the long absence everybody !

Alright ! So the only time Im having some holidays everything happens all together ! hahaah ! Unbelievable ! I'll start putting the team together now that I'm back in the game and fully working ! I've seen quite a few people asking if this mod is going on and my answer is yes it is ! Do we need help ? Yes, always much appreciated ! 

@Wadoka, yes the help of an artist might come in handy. If you want to discuss this via PM feel free to send me a PM and ill reply asap.

@osmRhodey, yes we are still working on need. Which kind of "assistance" were you thinking of ? Coding, art or animation ? Or ideas ?

@Kidneybeanboy, ill contact Joes and see if they can make a thread similar to Up and Away so people can post stuff more easily ! Lets see what they say !

If everybody has anything to say please post here or send a PM to me, now I'm back from holiday so i can start working on this again.

@osmRhodey, yes we are still working on need. Which kind of "assistance" were you thinking of ? Coding, art or animation ? Or ideas ?

Stated previously I'm more of an artist and I'd always love to share ideas. I am doing my best to find out animation, I can do drawn out animation more than I can work with puppets(hopefully sometime I can learn it).

But overall, art and minor sounds are my main forte. :-) 

Oh sorry, I havent quite checked every post over here ! They were a lot ! If you're an artist would you mind sending me via PM some of the works you have done for DS or other digital art which resemble as much as possible DS art ? That way I can see your level and then based on that i can have a chat with my team and discuss your art. Thanks  :lemo:

Hmm... You could use the existing textures, part by part and make it so that, say tentacle1 changes some of its textures that of tentacle3 or something. You have bones set up, right?

No, I don't have bones.....being new, I researched on the forums, and as I understood it, DS doesn't support the use of bones. So it could have been a new guy mistake, I did everything through onion skinning. I've been trying to re-align the circles to stretch them into tentacles, but I only did the first arm set. You'll see. One sec almost home, I'll send you the files via pm.

Tell me what you think.

Oh sorry, I havent quite checked every post over here ! They were a lot ! If you're an artist would you mind sending me via PM some of the works you have done for DS or other digital art which resemble as much as possible DS art ? That way I can see your level and then based on that i can have a chat with my team and discuss your art. Thanks  :lemo:

Lol this is funny because you missed his art thread.

@Mobbstar, no I've looked at his art thread and his comics art is simply amazing but there's an enormous difference between making comics of a game and making the art for the game itself. They are two completely different fields and by asking if he did any art related to the game i meant anything that has been used in a mod. 

Yeah saw that then on his thread but still need something different from a DS character. An object, a mob, a structure, an item or a weapon, something like that to see how it is, but id rather discuss this with him on a PM if he sends me the files though. Thanks for pointing that out though @UnionGaming.

@lampofulmine I completely understand but thank you and others nonetheless. I am currently off with family right now but I will message you Monday.

Thank you for at least taking time to answer a few questions and give me some chance. :-)

I'll explain as much as possible in a pm come Monday, thanks!

• Developer

@lampofulmine I completely understand but thank you and others nonetheless. I am currently off with family right now but I will message you Monday.

Thank you for at least taking time to answer a few questions and give me some chance. :-)

I'll explain as much as possible in a pm come Monday, thanks!

Dude, if Lamp doesn't accept you for some reason, I'm gonna have to have a talk with him...

@imdamisterL it's all good. I can understand either way. Accepted or not.

There are lots of people out there, i am just happy to offer a hand with something interesting. :D

Thank you though, that's sweet, but if the answer comes out no, then it's no. No need to make things complicated.

We'll see come Monday when I actually return home and have better connection.

PS mobile is horrible :(

Since there's no subforum for random Q&A I'll ask here:

Which would you rather reference (or even implement into gameplay), Rapture from Bioshock or Innsmouth from HP Lovecraft?

To be fair, I seriously hope Innsmouth makes it to Shiprekt. Rapture not so much, since it fits the game less and there's not much fun in the lighttower anyways.

I think he might want to see a version of the mod first to be sure our mod will really be a thing.
If he asks for that ill be happy to send him a copy of the current mod, it won't be complete but he'll still be able to see our progress. Btw, for now no reply. 

Hello everyone !!

My name is Lampofulmine !

As some of you might know, me and some friends are in the process of creating an Underwater mod called as the title says "Creeps in the Deeps". With this mod we won't simply add an Underwater world to the current Don't Starve game, but we will also implement the entity of water with its related structures/craftables, thirst stat, etc... A new World mean new mobs (jellyfish, squids, crabs...), new craftables, new mechanics and obviously new Bosses. 

Here you can find the current progress of the mod with most of the ideas we are going to implement in the game ! Be aware of the spoiler though !! You can also fine the name of the members that are working on it now.

Our team is working very well now, we have some programmers, some artists and some animators and for now i would say the mod completion is getting near the 30%. Obviously, as we develop new ideas things pile up quickly and therefore now we are in the need of a help.

Artists, animators and programmers which feels they might give us a hand in completing this project, are warmly welcome ! Although, we might ask you for some examples of your work, if you're confident of yourself you shouldn't be worried too much and you'll be quickly joining the team !

Testers are also welcome, but unfortunately now we wouldn't be able to give you anything to test our mod since we feel is not ready yet !

If you feel like you might have a good idea for this mod, please feel free to post something here or send me a personal PM and i'll answer back ASAP.

Best Regards to the Community 

-Lampofulmine and the Team Aqua

Dangit I was working on a mod like this, then I found this thread -_-

But anyways, I'm kinda an art guy at the forums, so if you need something, ask me. Although I am pretty busy with homework, I can get it done eventually.

And btw, if you need proof that I can do some art, ask Mobbstar. I've done a few things for him, but if you ask him, he might say I'm a bit slow or something like that, probably not but if he does, again it's because I'm quite busy.

Hey @NoobModder ! At the moment we're trying to set up things so that we have our Sub-forum on the mod & tools forum and as soon as that is done I'm gonna post a list of what's still missing from the mod and we'll see who can help us. 

What was your mod about ? How much did you complete of it ? For the art, I'd rather prefer you to send me some of your art than ask Mobbstar ! It's always better to be face to face than having a third person being in the middle ! For anything feel free to PM me.

K den, I will  show you the art. I need a few weeks though to complete my homework.

Also I didn't complete much of my mod. I was mostly trying to say I was starting to work on this, not in the process of finishing it or in the middle of completion.

Archived