@Creeps in the Deeps recruiting !@

Lampofulmine

GOOODDDDD NEWSSSS FOLLOWERSSS ! 

SOON FOR THE "CREEPS IN THE DEEPS" there's gonna be a sub forum in the Mod & Tools Sections of DS. There I'm planning to add various topics so everyone could address more easily his questions and suggestions now but also feedbacks and bugs when the mod is gonna go out public later on ! 

WE DID IT !!!

Hmm... You could use the existing textures, part by part and make it so that, say tentacle1 changes some of its textures that of tentacle3 or something. You have bones set up, right? 

Ok, so I had someone help me out, they are using bones.....but I thought don't starve didn't use bones? or that they are unsupported? 

• Developer
but I thought don't starve didn't use bones?

It does not use bones, the bones are made for a reference in animating and should later be removed, as far as I know.

Also, please, let us remain in topic, this is not an animating help thread after all.

forgive me if that sounded rude, please.

It does not use bones, the bones are made for a reference in animating and should later be removed, as far as I know.

Also, please, let us remain in topic, this is not an animating help thread after all.

forgive me if that sounded rude, please.

It didnt sound rude at all :-) 

I only asked here only because it was in reference to an above post. My mods nemesis is a giant octopus, so in reference to creeps in the deeps, once I am finished, I was going to offer something similar as a raid boss to the mod. That is if you guys wanted it.

The problem I have is trying to remove the bones, I have no idea how to do that. If someone would like to pm me on instructions on how to do so, it would very much be appreciated it. Sooner I get my mod published, the sooner I can help with the Creeps collaboration. 

• Developer
Are we ever gonna get a playable preview? I'm always here to write a few strings too

We're working on the playable preview, we want a pretty stable thing before releasing it, we're adding some more content and polishing the game even more.

And about the strings, send a PM to Lamp and some examples of strings for, I dunno, some item you think the mod could have, just to show your ability in writing them and let's see if Lamp likes 'em! :D

Ten days later still no "soon to be" subforum? Odd. I guess patience is key.

Anyways, do you guys scratch the water bottle stuff now that shipwrecked is announced? I mean, it seems to be avoiding the topics "deep sea" and "non-sea water" and instead focus entirely on sailing and island exploration.

• Developer

Yeap, apparently JoeW is still setting things up! Patience is key indeed.

Anyways, do you guys scratch the water bottle stuff now that shipwrecked is announced?

What do you mean by that? o_O 

• Developer

Does this include characters? Does it fit the lore? (Technically there is no ingame lore but y'know)

It does fit in with the lore, don't worry, as the quote writer AND lore lover, I feel the need to keep this mod faithful to the lore.

Lamp doesn't think adding new characters would be needed, but we'll see... maybe later, when we already have a public version out, we'll start working on one.

Anyways, do you guys scratch the water bottle stuff now that shipwrecked is announced? I mean, it seems to be avoiding the topics "deep sea" and "non-sea water" and instead focus entirely on sailing and island exploration.

Apparently JoeW has been really busy together with the rest of the team (klei) to get all the updates shipwreck and so on out and stable and therefore he took longer than expected but he promised me its gonna be awesome sooooooo.... i guess i can just wait for it ! Maybe for monday there's gonna be something !!

Nah water bottle gonna be handy for summer anyway so whats the point in scratching it ! And more than that... Klei working on above the water, we working under it. PERFECT JOINT VENTURE !

Heya people ! Just want to keep everybody updated ! Sent another message to JoeW asking him if he could tell me how's the progress is going but not reply yet, I really hope our forum will be out soon but at the moment the only thing i can do is wait and hope...

On a side note, the coding of our mod is going a bit slow because our main coder is taking a break atm and there's only one coder working at the code for the entire mod.

IS THERE ANY GREAT CODER WILLING TO HELP US OUT ? (knowledge for both DS and DST required) 

• Developer

Heya people ! Just want to keep everybody updated ! Sent another message to JoeW asking him if he could tell me how's the progress is going but not reply yet, I really hope our forum will be out soon but at the moment the only thing i can do is wait and hope...

On a side note, the coding of our mod is going a bit slow because our main coder is taking a break atm and there's only one coder working at the code for the entire mod.

IS THERE ANY GREAT CODER WILLING TO HELP US OUT ? (knowledge for both DS and DST required)

DST too? I think coders with DST knowledge should inly be required when we start porting the mod to DST, which would be after the caves are added and after we release the DS version of the mod, eh?

DST too? I think coders with DST knowledge should inly be required when we start porting the mod to DST, which would be after the caves are added and after we release the DS version of the mod, eh?
Agreed but since the mod is being built to be compatible for both, I'm pretty sure it would be easier to have someone who knows both given the structure of the code has already been formatted for being DST compatible. Lets say DST knowledge is not necessary but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Since I believe at one point or another a character was being debated for CitD, may I recommend, none other than Wallace!

Myself, L, Geheimratte/EulenMarie, and (eventually) Fidooop (was meant to) were working on a mod for Wallace. I still have a copy of some old concepts of the front of him, but I believe the face was the one that looked nothing like the portrait, which would be much better.

I mentioned Wallace as an idea to L for CitD, and he told me to post here, so here you go. I have some perks and stuff about him that can be changed or removed at the leisure of the team (Because, let's be honest, I can't really do work on this. I can't draw, I can't code, I can't make music. I could write some scripts given time, but that's unimportant in my opinion)

If you like it, PM me and I can send the ZIP file of the concept. Really don't care whether or not I get included on the project, but I would like to say @EulenMarie did all of the art that wasn't the portrait, so maybe you could ask him/her to get in on this, or not? it wasn't exactly art-style (No offence meant) which is why we gave up in essence. Xirmi was contemplating working on art and I know he's worked on this mod's art a little (I know people ;) xD ) which I haven't seen, but oh well.

Since I believe at one point or another a character was being debated for CitD, may I recommend, none other than Wallace!

Myself, L, Geheimratte/EulenMarie, and (eventually) Fidooop (was meant to) were working on a mod for Wallace. I still have a copy of some old concepts of the front of him, but I believe the face was the one that looked nothing like the portrait, which would be much better.

I mentioned Wallace as an idea to L for CitD, and he told me to post here, so here you go. I have some perks and stuff about him that can be changed or removed at the leisure of the team (Because, let's be honest, I can't really do work on this. I can't draw, I can't code, I can't make music. I could write some scripts given time, but that's unimportant in my opinion)

If you like it, PM me and I can send the ZIP file of the concept. Really don't care whether or not I get included on the project, but I would like to say @EulenMarie did all of the art that wasn't the portrait, so maybe you could ask him/her to get in on this, or not? it wasn't exactly art-style (No offence meant) which is why we gave up in essence. Xirmi was contemplating working on art and I know he's worked on this mod's art a little (I know people ;) xD ) which I haven't seen, but oh well.

her ^^

@UnionGaming, thanks for posting here and yes I had a chat with Mister about the implementation of a character. I shall say that for now we're really busy on improving the current version with all the new contents and as a consequence, following the initial idea of not having a character, we are not planning to add any character for now.  As you said though, or Mister might have mentioned you, we are open to ideas and suggestions for a character that might be added later on. Wallace, correct me if I wrong, was supposed to be a pirate kinda Character right ? I like that idea and I'm willing to see the work you've done and maybe add it as a CitD character later on if we will have a break in coding/adding content.

If you want to send me a PM, feel free to make a group PM, with all the ideas, perks and so on with all the work you guys have done I'll be happy to see it ! 

@EulenMarie, if you'd like to join our team and help us to work on this mod I'll be more than happy to see some of your art for DS. Feel free to send a me a PM for everything, whether to show me some art or even if you want some more info !

@EulenMarie, if you'd like to join our team and help us to work on this mod I'll be more than happy to see some of your art for DS. Feel free to send a me a PM for everything, whether to show me some art or even if you want some more info !

XD

I do not know whether I am the right for it. Sure I draw a little but... hum ^^

this is all what I have done:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=516169849&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=495317636

http://geheimratte.deviantart.com/

http://imgur.com/eLBsNNN

I draw on the fun. But I think I'm a noob XD

Archived