@Creeps in the Deeps recruiting !@

Lampofulmine

I'd like to help

do you need an artist?

Yeah, but as I said Lamp isn't here so you'll have to stalk him until he starts posting again, although I'm not sure when that'll be. Then you can just message him.

Also, a few things I decided to drop off even though you're probably far past any brainstorming at this point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_eel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanternfish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_sea

The sad part of this is that I actually didn't look these things up for this mod. I just have a large obsession with the deep sea now.

• Developer

Yeah, but as I said Lamp isn't here so you'll have to stalk him until he starts posting again, not sure when that'll be. Then you can just message him.

Also, a few links I decided to drop off, not balance-related at all (sorry) but some useful ideas if you decide to add layers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_eel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanternfish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_sea

Yes, we will add a deep-sea layer and the Lantern fish is gonna be a thing. (I don't know if I'm allowed to share much light on this subject, though) And if it depends on me, we'll make the deep-sea as rich in content as the overworld.

I love the deep-sea and its creatures!

Indeed.

Okay then.

*transitioning...*

Honestly, though, I see where they're coming from. Pretty much the only thing we have available to the public is this recruitment thread, which doesn't offer anything but an outdated to-do list and a couple other posts about what's going on buried under a sea of suggestions (sorry 'bout that.) Lamp should probably contact JoeW about getting a subforum or wiki or something.

Okay then.

*transitioning...*

Honestly, though, I see where they're coming from. Pretty much the only thing we have available to the public is this recruitment thread, which doesn't offer anything but an outdated to-do list and a couple other posts about what's going on buried under a sea of suggestions (sorry 'bout that.) Lamp should probably contact JoeW about getting a subforum or wiki or something.

As with any business related code-based thing, they should build a prototype first. Even if it's just the kind of pointless prefabs for the preparation phase.

Okay then.

*transitioning...*

Couldn't you guys make a w.i.p. Page in the downloads section? Nothing to actually download, but a page that has 1 or 2 screenshots to show the world it's being worked on?

• Developer

I see an interesting thread over here.

Is this mod still going through work/looking for any assistance?

:-)

It sounds really interesting.

Yes, it's being worked on! As for assistance? More progammers and artists would be great, you never have enough programmers and artists, and sound guys would be really good too! (We should invite Jbeetle to make us some mouth-sounded music xD ... it'd be funny.)

Yes, it's being worked on! As for assistance? More progammers and artists would be great, you never have enough programmers and artists, and sound guys would be really good too! (We should invite Jbeetle to make us some mouth-sounded music xD ... it'd be funny.)

Whoot!

Well I know I'm an artist and I'd love to assist any way I could. Animation is still something I'm studying, especially for this game. So at some point soon maybe I can assist with that as well.

Sounds could be put together by multiple people. But I get that. (ha yes)

I'm not an amazing coder/programmer but I know some people who are pretty good at it. :D

• Developer

Whoot!

Well I know I'm an artist and I'd love to assist any way I could. Animation is still something I'm studying, especially for this game. So at some point soon maybe I can assist with that as well.

Sounds could be put together by multiple people. But I get that. (ha yes)

I'm not an amazing coder/programmer but I know some people who are pretty good at it. :grin:

Yeap, I've seen your art and you're amazing! I'm gonna talk with Lamp once he comes back about you, and see if he'd like to add you to the team! (hopefully he would).

And these programmers you know, if they're not busy at the moment then we'd gladly accept their help! :D

OK guys, I need help....and if I can get the help I need, you guys can feel free to include my charecter as part of the mod. ONTOP of that i'll help out a bit with any artwork or basic creature scripting as best as I can. I need help animating and finishing this creature i'm working on. If anyone from the team can help me, i'll help back with the collab. 

I have a TON of content i'm creating that is nautical oriented. SO I could at least help with the artstuff if you wanted. I'm trying to animate an octopus (8 armed willy from flapjack) but I am having a hard time with his arms, Animation wise, as well as art wise. 

If anyone, at least wants to attempt to help, I wouldnt mind helping create some basic items for the mod, or fill in whereever the workload needs me, as best as I can. 

HERE is what I am going after

willypreview_061_zps69l1cjhx.png

HERE is his current state, accept a few tweaks that I tried to work on and forgot to save

Untitled_zpswqiuxl8v.png

AS stated, the animations, at least to me, I think look cool as hell. But I am having a hard time readjusting the tentacle images to look like tentacles instead of colored balls.....

like i stated, I have beginning animations, but I am desperatly stuck, and I am searching my ass off for someone to help before I give this project up

OK guys, I need help....and if I can get the help I need, you guys can feel free to include my charecter as part of the mod. ONTOP of that i'll help out a bit with any artwork or basic creature scripting as best as I can. I need help animating and finishing this creature i'm working on. If anyone from the team can help me, i'll help back with the collab.

I have a TON of content i'm creating that is nautical oriented. SO I could at least help with the artstuff if you wanted. I'm trying to animate an octopus (8 armed willy from flapjack) but I am having a hard time with his arms, Animation wise, as well as art wise.

If anyone, at least wants to attempt to help, I wouldnt mind helping create some basic items for the mod, or fill in whereever the workload needs me, as best as I can.

HERE is what I am going after

willypreview_061_zps69l1cjhx.png

HERE is his current state, accept a few tweaks that I tried to work on and forgot to save

Untitled_zpswqiuxl8v.png

AS stated, the animations, at least to me, I think look cool as hell. But I am having a hard time readjusting the tentacle images to look like tentacles instead of colored balls.....

like i stated, I have beginning animations, but I am desperatly stuck, and I am searching my ass off for someone to help before I give this project up

Hmm... You could use the existing textures, part by part and make it so that, say tentacle1 changes some of its textures that of tentacle3 or something. You have bones set up, right? If you can send me the file through PM, I could attempt to annimate one tentacle to the best of my ability, and if need be, add some textures, as it doesn't seem like they would be too hard to recreate due to the artstyle simplicity, I just need to wait till my new PC arrives to do that. So, I'll try to animate one tentacle, and then you can see whether you are fine with that and then can use that as an example to do the other tentacles. Would you be ok with that?

Archived