Bug - Starving Effects doesn't show

So taking damage from starving isn't displaying red flashing on the screen as it would if you were taking combat damage.

i now see what you mean but i still don't consider it a bug :\ I wouldn't be bothered if that was 'fixed'.

This is a feature not a bug. I like the idea that your screen doesn't flash red when you're hungry. I would be more disappointed if i had to be alerted to the title of the game. I hope the consensus agrees.

really? the UI is supposed to represent the status of your character, and for your character, starvation is an EXTREMELY obvious status that is constantly bothersome. the UI, however, is not properly representing that. the game is called "don't starve", not "don't stop looking at your hunger bar".

This is a feature not a bug. I like the idea that your screen doesn't flash red when you're hungry. I would be more disappointed if i had to be alerted to the title of the game. I hope the consensus agrees.

I think I would know if I were starving to death in real life, why can't I know in a game? 300 cooked meat, whoops my character sat by and starved to death because some higher power (Me) wasn't paying attention. Also, not a feature. The Devs put in the red outline when you are starving for quite the opposite reason actually.

The red outline is there to tell "you" not wilson that he's starving. Of course he knows he's starving, he says as much when his hunger is low. All i was saying is that the red outline on the screen to me isn't necessary because the red outline on the hunger bar is present when your hunger is low.

That first post was also lost in some confusion as to which element was bugged. I personally have never taken damage from starvation, so i didn't know that combat damage outline was supposed to be used for when you take damage from starvation. I'm sorry for your confusion.

Oh GOD WHY? Can someone move to Bug Tracker... when your starving bar is 0 you start taking damage and the screen start to blink in red... I tested after it and can say that it still happens...

I think this happens when you start to take damage and then save & quit when you come back you will start to take dmg but no red flashes will be shown... so it's for sure a bug.