Who would be the character you will be playing multiplayer?

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which character would it be?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber

Lets say you have no idea which one your teamates are going to pick, which one will you?

I think I will go as willow/willson/woodie/webber (just noticed, all characters start with W... is that an easter egg?) ... most likely webber.

While WX-78 is my overall favorite character, I'd likely choose Woodie as my multiplayer character, aside from the fact that I just enjoy his personality, because he's a great asset to help others with chopping wood quickly early on (within reason, don't want to immediately turn Werebeaver, though that even has its own advantages against hostile players as has been mentioned). He has more stability starting out no matter the season compared to WX, who can have really terrible luck if it begins raining immediately and you can't find both spiders and pigs within your first couple days. Add to Woodie's benefits that in a rough spot he can turn into his Werebeaver form and completely ignore seasonal temperature hazards and just live off of wood for a while, and he's exactly the kind of early game flexibility with long-term balance of positives and negatives that keep the game interesting and challenging.

Even though some people might have reservations about a guy who goes on a rampage every full moon or whenever he chops too much wood, in the hands of someone who is interested in helping his fellow survivors rather than harming them, he's a great asset for the often tedious exercise of chopping a bunch of trees to gather necessary planks and logs for crafting science devices, structures and protective log suits which are an absolute must once you start fighting mightier foes.

Alternatively, I'm also a fan of Wendy, as Abigail helps A LOT when it comes to fighting off bees to get honeycomb for Bee Boxes, she exceeds in taking down entire armies of spiders on her lonesome, and even though she can get frustrating when she tries to tank a Treeguard or kills a Moleworm you were meaning to collect alive for a Rain Hat, she has a fantastic range of positives that would help the entire team. As for Wendy herself she's a bit of a downer, but still a pretty enjoyable character. In general, for resources I normally find somewhat troublesome to gather with other characters, Wendy is amazingly good for having Abigail quickly clear swarms and then going in herself to grab needed materials.

I was expecting people to choose WX-78, but I went with Wigfrid simply because I want to see how a dual co-operative Wigfrid run will go; whether we undermine each other by eating all the meat at the start or end up dying to an enemy recklessly.

probably Willow or Wifgrid or whatever :p and one question, does anyone know how you would be able to do the beta testing?

probably Willow or Wifgrid or whatever :p and one question, does anyone know how you would be able to do the beta testing?

I do not know if Wickerbottom should be a multiplayer character, I mean... She can't sleep, so if the system of sleeping is the same as in Minecraft - where you have to wait for everyone to enter their own bed, Wickerbottom would ruin it all.

I'm pretty sure they would balance something like that to function properly without sacrificing integral features of different characters. Klei has to deal with Woodie's Werebeaver transformation too, and what happens when you cook a mandrake, even transitions to a Cave or a new world, and I'm sure however they deal with those issues, they aren't going to sacrifice an entire character, or special ability or property just because it doesn't work in a multiplayer system.

It's more likely they would fix the issue in question to work smoothly around the multiplayer system, and I'm pretty sure Seth has said they already have a functioning sleeping system in place so that players can sleep in real time individually, so while a Wickerbottom player won't have the ability to sleep, that's not going to stop any other player from resting through the night to regenerate their stats.

This would remove the time-skipping feature of sleeping, but honestly if I have to be a little more patient through the night, so long as I still regain health and sanity by sleeping, I'm perfectly okay with that sort of compromise.

I do not know if Wickerbottom should be a multiplayer character, I mean... She can't sleep, so if the system of sleeping is the same as in Minecraft - where you have to wait for everyone to enter their own bed, Wickerbottom would ruin it all.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/38818-fireside-chats-with-a-video-game-designer-july-22-2014/?p=515110

There, already covered. An elegant and actually minor tweak, suddenly it works. Not everything is like Minecraft, so don't compare things to it.

Wurbert is a mod that brings me nothing but shame.

And Wurbert has no real backstory. Just a psychopathic snowman who materialized in the DS world.

Why "nothing but shame"? I like the concept :razz:

If I could make a mod as easily as they can... You all would burn in the face of Cthulhu before you could stand up from your dapper tusk throne and grab a ham vest or read the book of life. to summon shadow walkers (The ham vest is a spontanous idea, may just do it.)

Archived