New Pictures In The Game Files

Yes I can see that but that doesn't mean it's official. @CaptainClam said there are sound files labelled as Wyro. So nothing is confirmed yet. But sticking with the Don’t Starve name of things, a name starting with a 'W' is a must, Maxwell is a one off, although his alternate name is Waxwell. As I said before yes the character portraits Pyro from TF2, but this is DS and Wyro could be a clever way for Klei to put their own spin on an already very recognisable character in gaming. Either way if it stays as Pyro no biggie.

It says "Pyro" "Wyro" was his' name-o because he of the "W" conception in all of Don't Starve's Characters

Here's proof:

pyro.tex

Ok. But I'm pretty sure this was brought up before. Haven't read all the comments yet but are you guys speculating Pyro/Wyro for DST? I'm sure once we were thinking he was part of the Lava cave update we didn't get in that 6 month period.

Ok. But I'm pretty sure this was brought up before. Haven't read all the comments yet but are you guys speculating Pyro/Wyro for DST? I'm sure once we were thinking he was part of the Lava cave update we didn't get in that 6 month period.

I wasn't.

That Balloonichester is the cutest thing. 

BRB, drawing Cherub!Maxwell.

edit: I wonder if Pyro is the woman in the door from the last puzzle.

Why would the Pyro tell us anything?

Even in the conecept art, Pyro's not a woman.

I wasn't.

Why would the Pyro tell us anything?

Even in the conecept art, Pyro's not a woman.

Concept art is concept art though. Demoman is caucasian in concept art, that doesn't mean he's caucasian in-game. Valve has referred to pyro as both genders.

Scout says he when speaking though.

And this isnt a Pyro gender speculation thread.

It's all a joke by Valve. Gender wasn't important to them, they just wanted pyro's identity to always be a mystery. Then a billion speculation threads popped up - that's when Valve started to screw around with the community.

I'm pretty sure that's not a joke and Pyro is actually intended to be genderless

It's all a joke by Valve. Gender wasn't important to them, they just wanted pyro's identity to always be a mystery. Then a billion speculation threads popped up - that's when Valve started to screw around with the community.

Basically that. People won't give it a rest so VALVe just fuels the fire. 

Just as much if not more than the community does.

post-267501-0-47350400-1400971654_thumb.

It's all in good fun though. Pyro looked like a sentient potato in the concept art and my theory is that they're a mobile suit piloted by Archimedes. 

I'd personally rather just have the subject be left alone, i know id hate it if every day people kept asking if I was male or female.

I'd personally rather just have the subject be left alone, i know id hate it if every day people kept asking if I was male or female.

It's a joke within the community, and it's not like the Pyro is a real person. I don't see the issue with it. It's all a bit of fun.

It's a joke within the community, and it's not like the Pyro is a real person. I don't see the issue with it. It's all a bit of fun.

I could list a whole lot of things why it bothers me A LOT but it's off topic enough as it is

I could list a whole lot of things why it bothers me A LOT but it's off topic enough as it is

This thread is barely on-topic at all, and I'd be interested to see your reasoning, but if you wish to drop the subject, I don't have any qualms.

I could probably get the gist of what you're saying/feeling, but I can't see it being relatable for 1. a made-up character meant to resemble nobody, and 2. someone who we can't identify the gender (really sex) of solely because he wears a mask and full-body suit and because he's intentional androgynous (made most obvious by the taunt that alternates between a stereotypically male stance the same of a female stance...forgot which taunt it is).

aaaaanyway, put pyro in the game!

This thread is barely on-topic at all, and I'd be interested to see your reasoning, but if you wish to drop the subject, I don't have any qualms.

Fine, last post I'll make on the subject

It bothers be because as a non-binary person, seeing a character of ambiguous gender makes me happy. Seeing said character being constantly questioned and analyzed on what their "real gender is" ("real" being male or female) Makes me sad, and then on top of that people have to go and say "Well Pyro isnt male or female! Therefore they must be a potato" is extremely dehumanizing to people like me who identify outside the gender binary. Yes Pyro isnt a real person, but it bothers me because people have the same mentality about me and other people who are non-binary.

So there.

Archived