Glow Berries Stacking and Moggles

Now that giant items stack up to a certain number (I believe it is 10), I suggest we do the same with glow berries. I don't know the exact reason why they are not currently stacking. It might be because they are ''big'', but seing as the Deerclops eyeball stacks, I think the glow berries should stack as well!

I also suggest that they are used to partially refuel the moggles. It could be an amount between 19% (light bulb equivalent) to 39% (fireflies equivalent). I would prefer if it was actually a lightbulb equivalent just so the miner's hat doesn't become obsolete.

Considering the followings:

1) We need to kill a Depth Worm each time we want to get a glow berry

2) They spoil over time

3) Depth Worms spawn periodically, but it is impossible to predict when they will come

I don't believe it would make the moggles as OP as they were pre last update (2014-04-24), while still making them viable. Without any way to repair or refuel them, I don't think they are worth investing neither the ressources to craft them nor the time to hunt specifically for glow berries + moles.

Edit: The fact that glow berries refuel them would make them mostly viable underground. The miner's hat can be refueld by 1) fireflies which can only be found on the surface, and 2) other fuel sources found underground. Overall, the miner's hat would remain more versatile whereas the moggles would be more efficient (larger visibility range, etc).

Any thoughts ?

I've always wanted to have glow berries as both: an edible item for crockpot and a stackable item. Actually, even it's cool and gives some light, the sanity loss and the fact that you can't stack it, well, turns glow berries into a useless food (imo). Moggles used to be op (full durability with one use of repair kit, woot) but the fact that glow berries are not easy to gather let me think that it could be a great thing if it refuels moggles.

So I agree with you.

I'd say moggles should be refuelable with glowberries and also moles.  Moles don't stack, and they starve, so it's not like people are going to bring huge stacks of them to keep their moggles running.  33% per mole/berry at least.   Now if someone goes to the trouble of capturing a bunch of moles and making a moggle-fueling mole farm, then more power to them I say.

I'd say moggles should be refuelable with glowberries and also moles.  Moles don't stack, and they starve, so it's not like people are going to bring huge stacks of them to keep their moggles running.  33% per mole/berry at least.   Now if someone goes to the trouble of capturing a bunch of moles and making a moggle-fueling mole farm, then more power to them I say.

Refuleing with moles would be hilarious. I don't know if it's necessary, but if it was possible, I would do it just because I could =)

Not this hard yah know. Just need a correct timing and you can do it without being hurt.

i dont understand their attack pattern. what animation actually hits you? I've never stuck around to find out

i dont understand their attack pattern. what animation actually hits you? I've never stuck around to find out

When they go out of the ground with their mouth open, they hit you on their way down. That's when they try to bite you, which means you have to dodge.There are also easier ways of killing a large ways of Depth Worms without ever getting hit (Hi Rocklobsters, Bunnymens, etc.), that's why I don't think they should refuel a too large amount of the moggle's durability.

I think that to make it balanced, it should be at least possible to fully refuel them after a Depth Worm wave late game and last until the next wave. According to the wiki, after day 150 the waves are made of 6 worms and happen every 3 days. If moggles have 2 days durability, each glowberry should at least refuel 25%. I'm not considering the waves in the caves + the waves in the ruins: that would just be an alternative way to gather even more glow berries during the early/mid game where there are not as many Depth Worms during each wave (at the cost of being much more risky since you have to fight more worms).

That would make moggles viable in the long term when underground (you could use the moggles only), but in the early/mid game, it would be harder to only use the moggles and a miner's hat would be necessary to compensate for the small period between each wave.

I also feel that the worms need to be 'toned' down. Not suggesting their attack be weakened but they need to have a little bit of a nerd. They make the caves too inhospitable; more so.

Perhaps make them territorial. They won't bite unless you bite first.

I also feel that the worms need to be 'toned' down. Not suggesting their attack be weakened but they need to have a little bit of a nerd. They make the caves too inhospitable; more so.

There is a thread that adresses possible changes to depth worms: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/34381-a-possible-fix-for-depths-worms/

I personally think they are fine as they are (see explanaitons in the thread I linked)! =)

The worm spawn rate got nerfed hard a few updates ago. I spend usually 10 - 12 days in a row in the caves and even on day 101, there are still only two or three in each wave. I haven't seen six at once for a while. They also seem to attack less when waiting underground, as before they would always attack when you walked by.

The worm spawn rate got nerfed hard a few updates ago. I spend usually 10 - 12 days in a row in the caves and even on day 101, there are still only two or three in each wave. I haven't seen six at once for a while. They also seem to attack less when waiting underground, as before they would always attack when you walked by.

I noticed that too, I am nearing day 300 and I haven't faced more than 3-4 worms at the same time. That makes me wonder if the Depth Worms page on the wiki is actually up to date.

Archived