This DLC is a joke

I am very disappointed with this DLC.

Why do make people on the workshop make MUCH better things for free, then the actuall programmers, do for money?

There is not a SINGLE good new thing in the DLC.

- The bosses are completely idiotic and broken, you have to disable them to actually play the game. Died 5 times to the idiotic badger, he just spawns next to you, and starts chasing you until you are dead on day 10.

- Summer is just stupid, now you can't just "play the game" anymore, now you have to deal with those dumb "season mechanics" that kept you in your base at winter... ALL THE TIME!!!

- Extinguishing fire makes the "smoldering" thing explode and burn down your base.

- Ice flingers miss fire, had FIVE flingers, and my base burnt down...

- EVERYTIME i mow down one of those new trees, about 50% of the surrounding trees turn into guardians, i NEVER got a single tree without spawning about 5 or more guardians... WTF???

Good job completely ruining the whole game with annoying and uninspired mechanics.

"Hey, what new thing could we add?"

"Uuuuh.. i dont know... how about the winter thing we already have?"

"But... we already have that..."

"Yea, but now... we will make it... BACKWARDS!"

"GEEEENIUS!!!"

"We also should add sudden combustion of the entire base!"

"Oh... stop it! You are making me so %§&$!!!"

Really sad how a bunch of kids on the workshop come up with better things... Pathetic...

Wow... even the forum sucks and once your comment is sent, you cant edit it anymore...

WHY is everything here so ****? Did the original programmers sell this to some idiots?

Can't even make a damn forum work... let alone even a game... whoever has control over the games development now... YOU SUCK, and you should be ashamed of yourself for taking a game like don't starve and shitting all over it.

Holy s#%t, u so maa4d. The last thing was pretty creative though, I'll pay that.

Heard of a beta test before? Well, you're in it. Lots of things will change and improve prior to release - like flingomatic - so chill out (hurhur).

Also, pretty sure most the stuff you're complaining about will be toggleable on release, and there's heaps more content to enjoy.

Did I mention it's 4 bucks? You make something better and I'll give ya 4 bucks for it. Hell, make a mod that's better. Seriously, I pledge to worship you if success.

Edit: Oh look, I'm editing 4 hours after I made the post, and I'm editing from a Samsung Galaxy S2. Dat old technology is managing. How's your life doing?

You can edit your post by clicking "edit" on the down right side of your post (must be logged in ofc).

You can turn off the DLC in the main menu, and if you don't want to you can just set to "none" things that you find annoying in the world customization menu.

If you don't want any challenge (it's a survival game, it's meant to be challenging), then you can just leave and start playing Minecraft.

You're most welcome.

Half of your problems are bugs that are being worked on in this BETA. The other half is a lack of skill. If you don't like it because it's to hard/buggy for a beta DLC, then come back when it's out and turn down all of the hard options in the world creation.

Also, most of the mods out aren't that great. The good ones just make the game easier, and the rest are just pointless or.....weird...

Anyways, Klei is not the problem here, it's you. Read before you buy things and stop being so dense. This DLC is supposed to make the game harder. 

As InaneDegong stated.. this is beta.. chill.. Im not fand of the summer thing neither.. I miss the old times when you had time to prepare for winter.. now you need to prepare a lot more.. and its near-to-impossible to be ready for every season.. I hope they fix the ice thing.. Its just too expensive for something that does nothing.. It should make an aura and protect everything inside.. and It should last longer.. so you can get out of the base for summer without the fear of coming back to a burned out camp.

you should be ashamed of yourself for taking a game like don't starve and shitting all over it.

Isn't that what you're doing right now? Just because you don't know how to play RoG or use the forums. there is a suggestion/feedback area for a reason, and as people have said, a clearly marked 'edit' feature. Honestly raging against a beta stage dlc and a forum you don't know how to use is completely unwarranted, why don't you go try out a kickstarter demo and complain about that too? No sir i think maybe you should just chill out in a bit of default winter season until the dlc is finished and then you can moan and complain all you want about how difficult a dlc for a survival game is. I wouldn't expect many people to agree with your point of view though because that is bullshit, especially the smack you're talking about the devs, because these guys is some top notch homies.

WE WNT ESY MDE WIT MLTYPLEIERZ!

I hate this kind of troll.

The DLC is a DLC: something you CAN add to the game. The things that are in the DLC are not supposed to bein the vanilla game and are just meant to add more challenges for the players who want them.

I am very disappointed with this DLC.

Why do make people on the workshop make MUCH better things for free, then the actuall programmers, do for money?

- The bosses are completely idiotic and broken, you have to disable them to actually play the game. Died 5 times to the idiotic badger, he just spawns next to you, and starts chasing you until you are dead on day 10.

- Summer is just stupid, now you can't just "play the game" anymore, now you have to deal with those dumb "season mechanics" that kept you in your base at winter... ALL THE TIME!!!

- Extinguishing fire makes the "smoldering" thing explode and burn down your base.

- EVERYTIME i mow down one of those new trees, about 50% of the surrounding trees turn into guardians, i NEVER got a single tree without spawning about 5 or more guardians... WTF???

Good job completely ruining the whole game with annoying and uninspired mechanics.

"Yea, but now... we will make it... BACKWARDS!"

"GEEEENIUS!!!"

"Oh... stop it! You are making me so %§&$!!!"

Really sad how a bunch of kids on the workshop come up with better things... Pathetic...

I think the DLC is great and the problem is with you, :D 

And btw, you stay in your base during winter?   :wilson_unimpressed:

Why the **** do they sell this for money if it's a beta test?

Because the DLC is not planned to be free. It's cheaper to buy it now, than to buy it after the DLC is released.

What a rip off. Sad how selling unfinished garbage has become a thing.

******* scammers

You know they didn't force you to buy it.

It was your decision.

Man up, and deal with it.

Wowow, easy dude. I can see you're really mad.

Yes, this dlc do make the game more tedious, and stressful, because you have to deal with all the issues and never have time to actually play.

I feel the same way like you do.

You're so easy to die, and once you died, then you start over to do the same boring things again!

I know when you do this, you just want to smash into Klei's office and shout at devs' faces.

I understand you. I decided to play diabloIII this afternoon and chose not to play DS for long time until I want to play it again.

CuZ I died so many times and I am tired of doing things over and over and over again.

But just calm down and think about it. The game has flaws or genetic defects, it's an uncompromising surviving game. And survive is cruel and never give people much choices!

So maybe what u hate is a part of game's feature.

You should struggle really hard to finally live whatever the way you want and defeat all the evils. You always harvest your happiness at last when you are not afraid of any dangers anymore.

If you find it too hard, customize the setting to let you survive long enough.

And never forget you are there to escape, you can easily do this.

(The game is just like "Lost", some want to stay, some want to leave. )

So customize your setting and hope u'll enjoy it.

What an utter lack of respect for the developers and the playerbase, instead of making a constructive post, he makes this....

OP's troll rant aside,

Actually you can't edit your posts if you are under 5 post count total on your profile.

Actually you can't edit your posts if you are under 5 post count total on your profile.

Didn't know that. Thank you kind sir.

2 more posts and he can edit it ! Let's encourage him !

Go on ! You can make it ! You're almost done ! You'll be able to edit over nine thousand of posts ! WOOO !

I took the liberty to edit .

I am very WILSON with this DLC.

Why do make people on the workshop make MUCH better things for free, then the actuall programmers, do for WILSON?

- The bosses are completely WILSON and WILSON, you have to WILSON them to actually play the game. Died 5 times to the WILSON badger, he just spawns next to you, and starts chasing you until you are WILSON on day 10.

- Summer is just WILSON, now you can't just "play the game" anymore, now you have to deal with those WILSON"season mechanics" that kept you in your base at winter... ALL THE TIME!!!

- EVERYTIME i mow down one of those new trees, about 50% of the surrounding trees turn into guardians, i NEVER got a single tree without spawning about 5 or more guardians... WILSON???

Good job completely WILSON the whole game with WILSON and WILSON mechanics.

"Yea, but now... we will make it... WILSON!"

"GEEEENIUS!!!"

"Oh... stop it! You are making me so WILSON!!!"

Really WILSON how a bunch of kids on the workshop come up with better things... WILSON...

Wow... even the forum WILSONs and once your comment is sent, you cant edit it anymore...

WHY is everything here so WILSON? Did the original programmers sell this to some WILSONS?

Can't even make a WILSON forum work... let alone even a game... whoever has control over the games development now... YOU WILSON, and you should be WILSON of yourself for taking a game like don't starve and WILSON all over it.

Archived