Show us your top 4 of characters

The lucky 4 that you like the most.

I will keep number 1 a secret due to my sig, but you can already find out what that is if you look in my posting history. Hintyhint hint Provide a list of reasons for each one below the top 4

1: ????

2: Webber

3: Maxwell

4: Wigfrid

I like the idea of Webber in general, it seems kinda cool to "be" a spider. His drawbacks make sense, and his low (100) max sanity can be annoying, but it can be worked around. Making a spider army and having ALL spider types (including spider queens) be neutral (not attack unless provoked) is pretty cool.

M(W)axwell should explain itself, if you've played it.

Wigfrid is a great aggressive character, though the only eating meat is the only problem i have.

The first...It'd be Webber...Because who wouldn't want to be a giant spider that grows a beard of silk?

Second would be Wigfrid. I like how she's already insane, thinking she's an actual valkyrie.

Third...Wilson, I suppose. He makes jokes that not many people understand.

And finally, Willow. She's a pyrotechnic. Need I say more?

The first...It'd be Webber...Because who wouldn't want to be a giant spider that grows a beard of silk?

Second would be Wigfrid. I like how she's already insane, thinking she's an actual valkyrie.

Third...Wilson, I suppose. He makes jokes that not many people understand.

And finally, Willow. She's a pyrotechnic. Need I say more?

"Stop! it's time. to hammer things!" sorry, had to.

1. Wilson
  2. William
  3. Maxwell
  4. WX-78

I am loving Webber, but I'd need some more time with him if he's gonna make my list and I count will and maxwell as different people sorta since they seem so different

Or maybe I just really like Maxwell, who knows.

1 - wickerbottom

--- i just love the early backpack really, means i can explore for longer before being forced to set up some kind of base.  Some of the books are occassionally useful tooand the insomnia doesnt really bother me.

2 - Wigfried

--- I thought she was OP and easy mode at first, but actually this only eating meat thing can prove quite challenging. I like that playing as her is so different to playing as anyone else.

3 - WX-78

--- Cos he's cute!

4 - Willow

--- Twisted firestarter!

In term of look/voice :

1. Webber. Because it's a man-spider. His profile art is amazing. And I fell in love with his voice.

2. Wendy. She was my favourite char' for a long long time just because of her voice. And then a wild man-spider appear.

3. Willow. Pyromaniac. Remember me Annie from League of Legends. 

4. Maxwell. Is dapper. He is the "vilain" and he looks like a vilain.

In term of quotes :

1. Wes... Nah just kidding, Maxwell is my number one here. I love how he breaks the fourth wall.

2. WX-78. I HATE EVERYTHING... except bees... those busy little drones...

3. Wendy. A LOT of literary references. 

4. Wigfrid. Øh Thør...

In term of gameplay :

1. Wes. Challenging. Balloons are useful... ... ... ... ... ... YES THEY ARE ! Beside making your base prettier...

2. Webber. 1 spider is cool. 2 spiders is better. An army of spiders is awesome !

3. Maxwell. "Can fragment his mind"... Love it.

4. Wendy. I really like Abigail. That's so cool to have a ghost following you everywhere.

And my top 3 of characters I will never play :

1. Wolgang : Nope. Just nope. So nope.

2. Woodie : Even if I like having the possibility to turn into a were-thing, his werebeaver form is too OP for me.

3. Wickerbottom : I don't wan't to play an old and grumpy woman.

1 - Wilson

I don't think anyone can top him for me. It's just his voice, his hair, his beard.... for some reason I can't quite explain, he still remains the most fun to play char for me.

2 - Maxwell

After playing through Adventure mode and also following the puzzles for a while, I fell in love with this guy's character. His voice is nice to listen to, his quotes are always interesting, and that sanity regain. Never annoying background sounds again.

3 - Webber

Even though I'm somewhat let down by him as he is right now in terms of gameplay, his character design and the story behind him are just so amazing. Also, he is the only thouroughly nice character. Pay attention to his quotes, they're so upbeat and charming.

4 - WX-78

So OP. Allowed me to go through buggy RoG adventure mode with eternal summer in the last level by feeding off gears. Also, hates all things and shouts "EXTERMINATE".

1. Wickerbottom- intelligent, insightful and just a great character. Those who deem her a 'grumpy old woman' are misguided; sadly her character picture is the opposite of what her personality is; she is very friendly. Her books are badass and she can pummel with the best of 'em. She is the best character bar none and if you don't agree then you are wrong. Sorry.

2.. Wilson- the mascot of the series is still a character close to my heart; his hair, his attire; what's not to like?

3. Willow- adorably funny and the flute is wonderful; fond memories playing as her waaaay back in the beta.

4. Webber- I thought this character would break the mold and the lore but I was pleasantly surprised

4 Favorites

1: Woodie. Beaver form is awesome (great for fighing the new giants), and the banjo music is always welcome. Also im Canadian, so bonus points there!

2: Wigfrid. Shes a god damn valkyrie! (It doesnt matter if it just an act!)

3: Wilson. Like someone mentioned above, its not easy to explain, but theres just something awesome about wilson.

4: Willow/WX-78. I like setting things on fire. I like being a robot. Im the only one who thinks willow is on fair challenge with other characters. I like being a robot.

4 Least Favorite

-1: Wickerbottom. Shes just a quicker start to the game. That, and her personality is so god damn boring. Theres nothing to her, she just says what things are, usually in their scientific name. She doesnt show any personality. (PS, IF ANYONE IN TORONTO WANTS TO TRADE SOMETHING FOR A WICKERBOTTOM FIGURE, MESSAGE ME. TRADE ME A GOD DAMN PIG, I DONT WANT WICKERBOTTOM IN MY LIFE.)

-2: Wendy. 2 depressing 4 me. Shes a huge bummer T_T Also her flute gets on my nerves.

-3: Wolfgang. His personality is meh. I get it, he's some russian(?) guy that doesn't speak the best english. I get it. Its just his gameplay, I personally dont find it fun or engaging.

-4: There is no fourth. I lied.

4 Favorites

1: Woodie. Beaver form is awesome (great for fighing the new giants), and the banjo music is always welcome. Also im Canadian, so bonus points there!

2: Wigfrid. Shes a god damn valkyrie! (It doesnt matter if it just an act!)

3: Wilson. Like someone mentioned above, its not easy to explain, but theres just something awesome about wilson.

4: Willow/WX-78. I like setting things on fire. I like being a robot. Im the only one who thinks willow is on fair challenge with other characters. I like being a robot.

4 Least Favorite

-1: Wickerbottom. Shes just a quicker start to the game. That, and her personality is so god damn boring. Theres nothing to her, she just says what things are, usually in their scientific name. She doesnt show any personality. (PS, IF ANYONE IN TORONTO WANTS TO TRADE SOMETHING FOR A WICKERBOTTOM FIGURE, MESSAGE ME. TRADE ME A GOD DAMN PIG, I DONT WANT WICKERBOTTOM IN MY LIFE.)

-2: Wendy. 2 depressing 4 me. Shes a huge bummer T_T Also her flute gets on my nerves.

-3: Wolfgang. His personality is meh. I get it, he's some russian(?) guy that doesn't speak the best english. I get it. Its just his gameplay, I personally dont find it fun or engaging.

-4: There is no fourth. I lied.

You've earned a MycoLogical "Thumbs-Down"

Well done, I hope you're proud, I really do....

1. Wickerbottom- intelligent, insightful and just a great character. Those who deem her a 'grumpy old woman' are misguided; sadly her character picture is the opposite of what her personality is; she is very friendly. Her books are badass and she can pummel with the best of 'em. She is the best character bar none and if you don't agree then you are wrong. Sorry.

Wickerbottoms personality : "This is           it does         . Thats interesting."

THAT ISNT PERSONALITY. BOOOOORING

My current list, maybe spending more time playing other characters may  make me rethink it.

1- Wilson: The soul of Don't Starve, the character towards I'm most imprinted. Plus, he's a quaint, charming scientist and, of course, "he grows a magnificent beard."

2- Wolfgang (Someone should have put him at least at the second place): He's a strongman and he's MIGHTY! (and those mustaches... <3)

3- Woodie: A wild, harsh man in a wild, harsh world. I love his voice, his axe Lucy and his curse always behind the corner.

4- Wendy/Wigfrid: One is pretty the opposite to the other. When the one has refined manners, is a frail, depressed and haunted by the sister's ghost (i really like Abigail in terms of gameplay, and love the fact she spawns from his flower), the other is fierce, strong and direct. I love the references of both of them. I like how the ones of Wendy are literary and in some way melodramatic, and the ones of Wigfrid are purely epic, wagnerian and related to norse mythology.

-1: Wickerbottom. Shes just a quicker start to the game. That, and her personality is so god damn boring. Theres nothing to her, she just says what things are, usually in their scientific name. She doesnt show any personality.

She just thinks through science. And you have to give her credit, she's an old woman surviving in the wilderness by herself!

1.Webber - Even if his ability was to only be able to eat manure he would be my favourite, I just love his design and concept.

2.WX-78- His personality is great, and I can finally have a reason to destroy whole ecosystems, roleplaying.

3.Maxwell- I love his clone army, and how he breaks fourth wall.

4.Willow- She was always there for me, since Long Live the Queen, she was my first ever character to reach 100 days, when Wilson was dying all the time, Willow had the ability to overcome one of the biggest threats in the game.

Archived