Just a quick suggestion what if we can make slingshots with rubber bong??? and maybe buy it back from pig king hmm... maybe we could make slingshots from silks maybe wool, it could be tentacle spots though, I really wish we could have more range weapons YEAH bows made from deerclops antlers and arrows made from volt goat horns well it could shock them and only deal 20 to 30 damage because it is from range

EDIT: HEY everyone makes mistakes what is all to be mad at

I still think Don't Starve needs more ranged weapons thats easily craftable, like bows and slingshots. I may even like it if they let you be able to throw your spear for once.

I don't care for this topics idea, but I do agree Don't Starve needs and intermediate ranged weapon. The boomerang is weak and the darts are too expensive.

I don't care for this topics idea, but I do agree Don't Starve needs and intermediate ranged weapon. The boomerang is weak and the darts are too expensive.

Actually I think the darts are kind of cheap for the amount of damage they do, and the range factor.  The issue is the time it takes to farm the feathers, and the fact they're only seasonally available.  Any ranged item has to have drawbacks or people would use them constantly.  Boomerang can hurt you, darts are time-intensive.

Slingshot if we can fire bees at enemies. Particularly killer bees. Make those arseholes useful.

I had a similar idea of using bees as ammunition for a slingshot, but instead of just an individual bee, you could just launch

a bee mine at an enemy.

Slingshot gives me gun feeling.

I don't want guns in Don't Starve.

yeap i know that feeling that feeling is in pyro isn't it

I like slingshots, not bows. It should be less damage than the boomerang though. You could craft ammo from rocks and flint perhaps.

yeah it is easy to get but does a little damage because it is from range

Ummmm.... Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Tbh, I REALLY like the slingshot idea. Should need tentacle spots with a 1/10 chance of a critical hit (head shot! K/O'd!!) but without the critical hit, it should cause half of the damage a spear would.

EDIT: K/O should only happen is small animals (eg rabbits).

Ummmm.... Can I have some of what you're smoking?

Tbh, I REALLY like the slingshot idea. Should need tentacle spots with a 1/10 chance of a critical hit (head shot! K/O'd!!) but without the critical hit, it should cause half of the damage a spear would.

EDIT: K/O should only happen is small animals (eg rabbits).

oh yeah by the way this thing is called "Don't starve Downloadable Content"

That sounds worse than my suggestion of guns in Don't Starve.

The slingshot would need ammo, break over time and just be so fidgety. Rubber bangs (I know he means rubber bands but it sound like bong and he would be high)? Where would you find rubber bands or even make them on a deserted remote island surrounded by an ocean with a black abyss beyond that? Tentacle Spots is genitalia so obviously no one would want to use it because all the characters say it is genitalia (of an unidentified gender).  Beefalo Wool and String make sense but could snap faster than a rubber band.

And Don't make fun of a small idea I had, it was something thought out more than this.

The slingshot would need ammo, break over time and just be so fidgety. Rubber bangs (I know he means rubber bands but it sound like bong and he would be high)? Where would you find rubber bands or even make them on a deserted remote island surrounded by an ocean with a black abyss beyond that? Tentacle Spots is genitalia so obviously no one would want to use it because all the characters say it is genitalia (of an unidentified gender).  Beefalo Wool and String make sense but could snap faster than a rubber band.

And Don't make fun of a small idea I had, it was something thought out more than this.

Sigh*

Well thought out huh?

What about the fact that we can find stuff like gnomes on a deserted island? You know from graves...

And about the tentacle spots... so... the player would make clothes (rain coat) out of them but not a rubber band equivalent?

Sorry if it seems a bit hostile, its not meant to.

Actually this could work if they made it a shepherd's sling: recipe something like a pig’s skin, some silk and some rocks (since there seems to be no reloadable range weapons so far). A shepherd's sling kind of works for me more than a slingshot… it was a weapon used in war, reliable, simple, very deadly and doesn’t need good quality high retention rubber.

HEY at least i did NOT TRY to bring that high technology gun TO DON'T STARVE

you said you thought you unimaginable brainless little TURD.have you seen rain coat and hat it looks very rubbery and made out of spots. oh yeah and how are you gonna make the outer side of the gun rocks and flints eh??  AND YOU MADE FUN OUT OF MINE AND I WILL ABOUT YOURS OKAY!! but i still don't understand why i am getting more sarcastic replies more than yours!!

you said you thought you unimaginable brainless little TURD.have you seen rain coat and hat it looks very rubbery and made out of spots. oh yeah and how are you gonna make the outer side of the gun rocks and flints eh??  AND YOU MADE FUN OUT OF MINE AND I WILL ABOUT YOURS OKAY!! but i still don't understand why i am getting more sarcastic replies more than yours!!

Hey. I did say on that forum that I didn't want any modern guns beyond World War 2. I know Don't Starve takes place the time World War 1 goes on. So at the least I didn't want anything too high-tech . The Rain clothing is made out of moleworms and I'm pretty sure you can't put a moleworm or even a piece of a moleworm on a slingshot to act as a rubber band. Plus, at least I'm the one who just used caps lock because they could. Plus, you can make frickn' machines that don't even need power and still run and yet you call my post high tech?

umad

Anyways, I've seen at least 4 other thread about this...

Hey. I did say on that forum that I didn't want any modern guns beyond World War 2. I know Don't Starve takes place the time World War 1 goes on. So at the least I didn't want anything too high-tech . The Rain clothing is made out of moleworms and I'm pretty sure you can't put a moleworm or even a piece of a moleworm on a slingshot to act as a rubber band. Plus, at least I'm the one who just used caps lock because they could. Plus, you can make frickn' machines that don't even need power and still run and yet you call my post high tech?

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Rain_Coat

Not made from tentacle spots huh? Your thinking of the hat.

THEN how do you make it act as rubber on rain hat you idiot and don't forget this is about wilderness too you little skunk are you seeing all the words in caps idiot!! you are starting a war you insulted me i insulted you we were equal the last time now we are equal too OKAY?!?!

THEN how do you make it act as rubber on rain hat you idiot and don't forget this is about wilderness too you little skunk are you seeing all the words in caps idiot!! you are starting a war you insulted me i insulted you we were equal the last time now we are equal too OKAY?!?!

Ok, I will give you steps so we can stop fighting like it's a dogfight in a giant war zone.

1.) Stop putting some words in caps lock

2.)I will stop bothering you.

3.)Stop acting like a 12 year old, we should all be mature here.

The only reason why I brought up guns was because I saw you mentioned me.

Archived