Your Favorite Parts of the DLC So Far

jbeetle

My top addition has to be being able to see at night during a full moon. It gives you nights where you don't have to just sit around and wait. Secondly it would be the wetness mechanic though I'm not quite sure of everything it does considering it causes every item label to have "wet" in front of it if it's not on your person.

What about you?

What about you?

1: EVERY new animal.

The new variety of perfectly chosen and designed animals makes the world feel so much more alive and happy. But it also saddens me, after looking out of my window to see factories spewing toxic smokes into the air, all the grass dead (Seriously, freshly laid grass lasts 2 days max)

2: The new seasons

Need I explain?

3: Tumbleweeds

Nothing beats walking through a forest to see a tumbleweed rolling directly towards you, and giving you marble, gears, AND a free nightlight blueprint. 

4: The Ice Flingomatic

About three of them around your farms and fire is no problem....until they run out of uses and I have to build a new one.

I really hate the volt goat, even in concept. (U&A did that, so it's practically copying.) Though I do have a weird admiration for deserts, so I'll let that slide.

I think you'd be unpleasantly surprised at how many times certain ideas have been used, in games and in other art/media/etc. It'd be very difficult to find a game that's completely original.

Im liking just about everything just fine. Except summer, I think its a great concept but it wasn't done all to well. Its mainly the overheating part of it I don't like. I feel like heat should have a different effect than just draining your health. And while making a fire in the winter to keep warm makes since, endothermic fires are just dumb. When you're hot you drink water and find shade to cool down, not make a magic fire and strap giant ice cubes to your head.

“I have learnt unspeakable things.”

–Wendy

I would say a magic fire that makes it cold is unspeakable. One of the others says "is this even science anymore?"

Well I don't think that endothermic fires shouldn't exist at all, I just think they should be more of a late game high tier thing, and not the main way to survive summer. There should be a more immediate and simpler way of cooling off, such as drinking water or finding shade.

Well I don't think that endothermic fires shouldn't exist at all, I just think they should be more of a late game high tier thing, and not the main way to survive summer. There should be a more immediate and simpler way of cooling off, such as drinking water or finding shade.

Solutions like those often cease to exist in Don't Starve. That's just the nature of the game. Having to drink water would just be way too micromanagey. Closest you'll probably get to that is eating ice.

Archived