This game needs a co-op

This game could be a really huge deal i love it and its addictive, but a must co op and more content likes hundreds of stuff to do with alchemy and farming and loads of stuff.

If this game has a co-op it will be REAlly EXcellent.

Thank you for making this great game.

I'd also like to see a multiplayer mode, not just a co-op though, I'd like to see several people playing at once and being able to either help each other out of hinder each other by stealing supplies from another players camp whilst their away or outright killing them or whatever else one could think of; I'm partial to the idea of a Bee Minefield near another players camp myself.

Edited by Ickorus

Ah well. Another guy asking this.

First off all. HI!

Second. Please look in the "Common Suggestions" sticky before suggesting something.

Third: To answer your question, multiplayer is NOT happening. It costs too much developing time and wouldnt really pay off.

First off all. HI!

Second. Please look in the "Common Suggestions" sticky before suggesting something.

Third: To answer your question, multiplayer is NOT happening. It costs too much developing time and wouldnt really pay off.

In a nutshell, yes. Lots of people want multiplayer/co-op, but it's not in the cards right now in terms of development. Of course who knows about the future?

First off all. HI!

its a shame to. i doubt that we are the only 2 who would like to see co-op multiplayer modes added. what would have to happen so that the cost of making a o-op mode or multiplayer would pay off?

its a shame to. i doubt that we are the only 2 who would like to see co-op multiplayer modes added. what would have to happen so that the cost of making a o-op mode or multiplayer would pay off?

Well , first of all , it would take a LONG time to do , and sinse theres an update almost every 2 weeks , it'd get people bored and will make people stop playing - meaning that they would lose fans because there is nothing new.

There's plans for some sort of asynchronous multiplayer in the future, but don't hold your breath for co-op or anything else that would have players directly interacting with each other. It would require much of the core of the game to be completely remade and both the team size and budget for Don't Starve is too small for an big undertaking like that. Also, it would divert resources away from single player, and they want the single player experience to be the best it can be.

what would have to happen so that the cost of making a o-op mode or multiplayer would pay off?

• A monthly fee like WOW?
  • Loads of sponsors polluting the games atmosphear by changing Wilsons witty comments to "that frog reminds me that I WANT TO DRINK COKE® FROM THE COCA-COLA COMPANY©"
  • A pro-bono, ad-honorem, experienced freelancer programmer willing to commit a year of his life... for free?
  • That every one of us buy 1 extra copy of the game... weekly?

Pick your poison.

• A monthly fee like WOW?
  • Loads of sponsors polluting the games atmosphear by changing Wilsons witty comments to "that frog reminds me that I WANT TO DRINK COKE® FROM THE COCA-COLA COMPANY©"
  • A pro-bono, ad-honorem, experienced freelancer programmer willing to commit a year of his life... for free?
  • That every one of us buy 1 extra copy of the game... weekly?

Pick your poison.

haha i got the idea thanks. thats still a bummer though. guess ill start buying my weekly copies then....

i just think a co op with 2 players is enough more than that would ruin the game, i think.

i have been a gamer since i was a kid my favourite game is Dungeon keeper and this game is really got my attention.

Well done

Edited by Toaster Fu

A monthly fee like WOW?

Loads of sponsors polluting the games atmosphear by changing Wilsons witty comments to "that frog reminds me that I WANT TO DRINK COKE® FROM THE COCA-COLA COMPANY©"

A pro-bono, ad-honorem, experienced freelancer programmer willing to commit a year of his life... for free?

That every one of us buy 1 extra copy of the game... weekly?

i think that a multiplayer aspect would cause more people to want to buy the game anyway... at the moment iv showed my friends this game and most of them would of bought it but as there is no multiplayer fell they would get bored quick so haven't. surely a multiplayer aspect would get more of your friends wanting to play it with you and ultimatley get the game more money?

i think too many people demand multiplayer in games, because they need some sort of social crutch to enjoy a video game

for things like minecraft, it killed the development and progress for additional content

they would take months what should have taken a week to add stuff, because of the issues with multiplayer coding

This game could be a really huge deal i love it and its addictive, but a must co op and more content likes hundreds of stuff to do with alchemy and farming and loads of stuff.

If this game has a co-op it will be REAlly EXcellent.

Thank you for making this great game.

The game already IS excellent. NO CO-OP! That burned out idea is too over-played! NO CO-OP! To HELL with CO-OP! I want to beat a fuggin game with MY OWN skill, wit, intellect, ingenuity. The constant DEMAND for CO_OP is a serious indication of the slack-jaw mindless gamers out there who can't think critically or creatively for themselves to overcome a DAMNED THING!!!!!!!!!!

NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!