Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

ConeyKrab

So what happened to these planned secret characters?

ConeyKrab    137

I remember back on the updated plan for DS, the devs said they had some characters planned that we'd have to wait and see. They're not in this patch, and we've only got one left. Are they coming at all, or are they falling away like other stuff we've been assured of?

I don't quite want spoilers, but I'd like to know if we're actually getting them.

TeoSS69    2,204

They will probably come with DLC. If you have the exact part where Bigfoot said they would come with free updates please quote it to me.

zazori    79

I don't think we will see them in these 2 updates.Not because it's more likely to be part of the DLC,just because with just 2 updates left we just have 2 more puzzles to explain why charlie became the grue,make all characters cannon and explain why Maxwell started sending people to the islands

tehMugwump    433

I remember back on the updated plan for DS, the devs said they had some characters planned that we'd have to wait and see. They're not in this patch, and we've only got one left. Are they coming at all, or are they falling away like other stuff we've been assured of?

I don't quite want spoilers, but I'd like to know if we're actually getting them.

Bigfoot mentioned in this post: that any new characters would be in download content.  The last two updates will be mainly bug fixes and maybe a mob or two.

See, @TeoSS69, no attitude, just the facts.

TeoSS69    2,204

Bigfoot mentioned in this post: that any new characters would be in download content.  The last two updates will be mainly bug fixes and maybe a mob or two.

See, @TeoSS69, no attitude, just the facts.

The first sentence of the OP makes me think he read that post.

jbeetle    1,855

I never saw where he said they would only be in the DLC. I just saw where he said "we have secret characters planned and they're staying secret."

I'd be really impressed if they already have what is planned in the DLC.

jbeetle    1,855

the wortox is a lie

the wortox is a lie

the wortox is a lie

the wortox is a lie

not necessarily, just any indication coming from his portrait is ;)

Penassa    31

He will be implanted at the last (next) patch as a surprise to conclude the six month period.

i would like that ! VERY MUCH

JoeW    17,983

...So what’s to come after the the six months is over? We’re not quite sure yet, but we are excited to figure it out! In terms of updates, the team needs a break from 3 week sprints, that’s for sure. We still have a couple of surprise characters planned. I can’t say more about them right now, because they are supposed to be a surprise.When November rolls around, the majority of the dev team is going to focus on the first Don’t Starve DLC. We haven’t decided what this is going to be yet (not multiplayer!), but I think that we are leaning towards bringing crazy new challenges set in the same world. We want to be able to make big scary changes to the game rules and do strange new things without changing the core, vanilla DS experience.We hope to include the community in the DLC development like we have in the past....

TeoSS69    2,204

...So what’s to come after the the six months is over? We’re not quite sure yet, but we are excited to figure it out! In terms of updates, the team needs a break from 3 week sprints, that’s for sure. We still have a couple of surprise characters planned. I can’t say more about them right now, because they are supposed to be a surprise.When November rolls around, the majority of the dev team is going to focus on the first Don’t Starve DLC. We haven’t decided what this is going to be yet (not multiplayer!), but I think that we are leaning towards bringing crazy new challenges set in the same world. We want to be able to make big scary changes to the game rules and do strange new things without changing the core, vanilla DS experience.We hope to include the community in the DLC development like we have in the past....

So he mentioned them before he talked about the DLC. That means we'll get multiple characters next update i assume?

mitboy    241

So he mentioned them before he talked about the DLC. That means we'll get multiple characters next update i assume?

No, we're still going to argue, argue and argue

ConeyKrab    137

So it's still on then? Great! I know that's what had been said on the subject, but it had been so long, and we're only one update away from the end. Glad to hear we're still getting some new faces. (Hopefully those new faces are Winnie and Wallace's...)

JoeW    17,983

No, Sorry for the confusion, but unfortunately you guys are misinterpreting what was said.

What Bigfoot said was; to paraphrase: "What are we going to do after the 6 months is over? We aren't quite sure, we want to do a couple characters and some DLC, but the team needs a little bit of a break so we don't have any solid plans just yet".

There are no plans for any additional characters during the current update cycle.

gustavogsl    92

No, Sorry for the confusion, but unfortunately you guys are misinterpreting what was said.

What Bigfoot said was; to paraphrase: "What are we going to do after the 6 months is over? We aren't quite sure, we want to do a couple characters and some DLC, but the team needs a little bit of a break so we don't have any solid plans just yet".

There are no plans for any additional characters during the current update cycle.

DwerBomb    6,052

...during the current update cycle.

What does that mean? Please tell me it means more updates!

Craig_Perry    764

What does that mean? Please tell me it means more updates!

it means if they have enough ideas and such they want to bring forward, a "spree" (ish) of updates may happen

Cyanogen101    0

If it is in DLC, that will make it very easy to Pirate, but i assume that is what is going to happen, i just hope it happens soon because those characters look sweet!

jbeetle    1,855

Definite reading comprehension issues in this thread...  :fatigue:

to be fair, what Bigfoot said is easily misinterpreted. (JoeW's clarification, however, is easy to understand)