Just updated, and this update is already amazing.

Mays

I think I saw a crow drop a gold piece. I heard a crow noise and saw a gold piece on my screen, but wasn't paying much attention to if I had actually caused that. Point is, one way or another there WAS a random gold piece on the ground as I was exploring so look out for what might cause that.

I've seen golden nuggets in two spots now: randomly near graveyards and a ton spawning in what can only be described as a Spider infestation. The area had 4 gold nuggets and about 5 spider nests.

Yup. On my map I found several gold ore just lying around an open field on a "stone island" (i.e. tallbirds & lots of boulders). The gold ore were surrounded by spider nests.

Hrm, I wonder if it's the crows or not. Crows (and certain other birds) are known for taking things that are shiny, and then they hoard them in their nests. So from that standpoint, it would make sense for a startled Crow to (rarely) drop a Gold Nugget instead of Seeds.

found lots of gold laying around rocky areas. i made a new world since the update because of the new aggro of the tallbirds :(

but I had a gold axe by the end of day one, and had time to make a stone fire pit before the first night.

Killed the dawgs on day 4 after that, I got killed by the damn tallbirds again! grrrr!

I've personally only ever gotten random gold near groups of spider nests. Most of the time those spider nests share space with either a graveyard or rock fields, but no matter what, when there's gold, there spider nests.

Guys since this thread is about the update i figure id ask it here instead of making a new thread: werent research points now supposed to reset when creating a new world? I suicided my char, created a new world and started with all my researches still done! :( Did i really killem for no reason?

I.R. so sad right now lol :p

Well watever, it was bound to happen at some point i guess. Btw since u can run with an item in ur hands, the backpack/logsuit thing can easily be solved by equipping the logsuit and just carrying around the backpack. Easy to drop for when unexpected combat arises, altho a bit "clunky" i guess.