Just updated, and this update is already amazing.

Mays

started a new game, spent 5 days gathering morsels, berry bushes, saplings and grass tufts for my base, was on my way to the place where i was going to set up, was nighttime so i went afk since i was willow, came back JUST before i died of hunger (i forgot to check that), fed myself a morsel then continued to where my base was going to be, and a hound came and one-shotted me...i need to be more careful lol.

So erm...one thing I noticed...log suits have been nerfed. Now instead of taking the damage for you before taking health it merely reduces the amount of health taken from every hit. ******* spiders got me while gathering silk for a tent on day 7. Son of a...

I.R. so sad right now lol :p

Well watever, it was bound to happen at some point i guess. Btw since u can run with an item in ur hands, the backpack/logsuit thing can easily be solved by equipping the logsuit and just carrying around the backpack. Easy to drop for when unexpected combat arises, altho a bit "clunky" i guess.

I was glad to see all my stuff still there after the patch, but I wound up getting killed pretty quickly anyway. I was on day 61 then. Those tallbirds will chase you a very long ways now. The tallbirds also agro just by getting near them now, whereas they would only agro when you stole their egg before the patch.

I've died a few times since the patch in various new ways, so you probably would have too. I guess we're all going to have to play more cautiously now.