Dev-inately an art thread. Shonky DS comics and art featuring Klei staff(NEW comic!)

A disclaimer:These comics and "art" are not meant to make fun of the devs in any way,nor do they represent the actual thoughts of the devs(or do they?!). They are just made for amusement,and hopefully you'll get a laugh out of them. :)

I have had these ideas for comics about "what the devs do @KleiHQ,and what their points of view would be about certain game mechanics,when they would be in the actual game. So here I am with this shonky art thread!

The laughter

Kevin and JoeW are always in for a nice laugh,heck they have plenty of reasons to do so when they traverse the forums!

post-3309-13764595356765_thumb.png

Edited by Spazmatic
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Thank you all so far people,I am really happy you like it and want more :D Decided to give you a little update.

There is a new comic coming soon,and it will have a sequel aswell! The sequel will have a plottwist as surprising as the abilities of the new character! The upcoming comic is called:The House Visit,and the name of the sequel will reveal itself when the time is there! Stay tuned for more.. The laughter's end is just the beginning

Alas,here is a new comic to feast yer eyes upon! I know there isn't as much humor and dev-ness in it as the first one(but there's little easter eggs here and there,try to spot them all!),but consider this comic to be the introduction to the next comic,for which I have planned more mister Forbes,and a really unexpected end,really you will not guess what it is! It's sortha like the new character's abilities(in that no-one can guess what they are) ;) Anyhow,let me proceed with the next comic in the series...

The House Visit

It is nighttime in Vancouver,as a shadowy figure aproaches Kevin Forbes' house. What intentions does it have,and why does it talk so strange,monster-like? Could it want something from Kevin perhaps? Who knows? (Spoiler:You will when you click that spoiler tag)

post-3309-13764595731423_thumb.png

So,it is Krampus who pays Kevin a visit,and he wants a buff. Will he get a buff? Will Kevin survive? Did *YOU* even notice Kevin is the man behind the curtain? Find it all out and more in the upcoming sequel, The Buff!

Edited by Spazmatic
  • Like 2

Alas,here is a new comic to feast yer eyes upon! I know there isn't as much humor and dev-ness in it as the first one(but there's little easter eggs here and there,try to spot them all!),but consider this comic to be the introduction to the next comic,for which I have planned more mister Forbes,and a really unexpected end,really you will not guess what it is! It's sortha like the new character's abilities(in that no-one can guess what they are) ;) Anyhow,let me proceed with the next comic in the series...

The House Visit

It is nighttime in Vancouver,as a shadowy figure aproaches Kevin Forbes' house. What intentions does it have,and why does it talk so strange,monster-like? Could it want something from Kevin perhaps? Who knows? (Spoiler:You will when you click that spoiler tag)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9831[/ATTACH]

So,it is Krampus who pays Kevin a visit,and he wants a buff. Will he get a buff? Will Kevin survive? Did *YOU* even notice Kevin is the man behind the curtain? Find it all out and more in the upcoming sequel, The Buff!

That last paragraph broke me to tears.

Well then folks,I am working on the new comic,and since it is not done yet,I could at least give you a sneak preview,or tease! Yeah,teasing....I know one man on these forums who is so damn good at it he could make a living out of it(hint:He is a Klei employee). Anyhow,if you haven't read the previous comic, "The House Visit",then go and do that first. And after that,have a gander at this!(This panel will get more detail aswell,btw)

post-3309-13764596197763_thumb.png Oh my,Krampus looks very pissed eh.....

So, about The Buff ... A Lack of inspiration and motivation, and having had a vacation have stopped me from producing anything distinctively arty, hence there is a lack of comics :( The general idea is still there though, and once I get my motivation back I'll be sure to finish the comic!

In the meantime, here's Bryce. He..strangles bees in his spare time. I wonder why he does that ._.

post-3309-13764597522442_thumb.png

• Haha 1

sure, i was waiting for your next comics.

maybe you can making fun of,

what if Don't starve have a multiplayer co-op.

we mentions a lot why it don't do multiplayer but some of demanding , is getting annoying.

so would you come out with something about it?

Edited by Raven Crow

Here, have some filler content. Something I made when it was a more recent event, but I lost the file :( I managed to stumble upon it after trying to clean up my "art" folders. It basically illustrates how Kevin would be a way better father than Wilson would ever be :grin: (This may or may not have anything to do with not having a string written for baby.lua ;) )

post-205351-0-78006700-1378367665_thumb.

sure, i was waiting for your next comics.

maybe you can making fun of,

what if Don't starve have a multiplayer co-op.

we mentions a lot why it don't do multiplayer but some of demanding , is getting annoying.

so would you come out with something about it?

Perhaps Klei testing multiplayer and they get so angry at each other for trolling that *insert shenanigans here* happen? ^^

PS: @TeoSS69 necromancy is always a possibility eh?

Edited by Spazmatic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1