[Game Update] - 599666

I'm a little let down by the stack changes being so few in number, truth be told. Bootleg getaway and spark arks are probably the biggest sore spots in terms of storage rn. Being able to stack figure sketches and blueprints for easy mass-conversion to papyrus would also be nice.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I'm a little let down by the stack changes being so few in number, truth be told. Bootleg getaway and spark arks are probably the biggest sore spots in terms of storage rn. Being able to stack figure sketches and blueprints for easy mass-conversion to papyrus would also be nice.

Bootlegs are probably a matter of balancing. That's not to say I condone bootlegs being unstackable, but it's the way I interpret it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chirsg said:

Bootlegs are probably a matter of balancing. That's not to say I condone bootlegs being unstackable, but it's the way I interpret it.

thing is you can pile inifinite on a boat which is where you're gonna use em anyway. It's literally just annoying and nothing else.

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Acid Bats will emit sounds before arriving for their nitre.
  • Down Feathers and Malbatross Feathers now stack up to 20, from 10.
  • Nightmare/Scrappy Werepig respawn times have been lowered from 20 days to 10 days.
    • Weather Pain’s targeting has been improved for controllers.
    • Equipping items (using DPAD) will swap your currently equipped item back into the same slot as the new item being equipped.

Bug Fixes

• Spider Dens can be properly trampled by creatures that can trample through obstacles and structures..

View full update

ALL of These changes make me very happy :) Especially the D-pad one… that’s a HUGE QOL for us console players. thank you so much :wilson_love:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1

Best beta branch ever!
Thank you so much for this great series of quality of life updates.
:wilson_love:
Now the only thing that I believe is missing from the game is the perk to summon Bearger with the Hostile Flare in spring or autumn.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 1

10 hours ago, V2C said:

We’ve also made some controller improvements aimed at helping the Ancient Fuelweaver fight:

• Players will no longer Telepoof across the entire arena when escaping Ancient Fuelweaver’s snare.
  • Weather Pain’s targeting has been improved for controllers.
  • Equipping items (using DPAD) will swap your currently equipped item back into the same slot as the new item being equipped.

Excellent improvements. Looking forward to more for controller.

Edited by KeyRecord1
  • Like 3

Since other people have done it, I figure I might as well give it a shot and post this here in hopes you see it and take what I have said into consideration as well!

Edited by Reecitz
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, V2C said:

Equipping items (using DPAD) will swap your currently equipped item back into the same slot as the new item being equipped.

OMG this is a HUGE improvement for console players!!!!! My absolute favorite change Klei has ever made!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! I can now switch between my weapons and walking cane without worry!

• Like 2
  • Health 1

56 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

OMG this is a HUGE improvement for console players!!!!! My absolute favorite change Klei has ever made!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! I can now switch between my weapons and walking cane without worry!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this.

• Like 2
  • Health 1

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but Brambleshade Armor doesn't trigger Wormwood's Lunar Guardian I skill (it doesn't root enemies in place when hit)

• Like 1

No,  please don't do that to lureplants and spider dens. I'm depending on them to fight many bosses. Although I can fight them by myself, It's still very dull to repeat those same battles again and again every 20 days, especially when I'm playing alone. I need them. :(

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Shopcat 1

13 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Added support for the Elastispacer to work on Scaled Chests.

Terrarium Crimson Chest?

image.png.17b04082abf54a684c38a6ea1f2381eb.png

Good changes with those stack sizes though, feathers could even stack to 40, as Malbatross sheds a minimum of 24 IIRC.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, V2C said:

• Added support for the Elastispacer to work on Scaled Chests.
  • Upgraded chests now drop an Enlightened Shard when broken.

YES !!! HELL YEAH !!!

image.gif.e9bc1ef37186f2fea2edce8ffc9b56c3.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mx-Pain said:

@V2CIncrease UI size for splitscreen please

SERIOUSLY!!!

On Switch, it's just painful to play at the current UI size in tabletop mode in splitscreen. This would be one of the best console-related changes since fixing item swapping. Please do this!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, V2C said:

Could we get this with inventory slot keybinds on PC? Maybe even with right-click equipping. It would be so nice to not have to do a ritual of arranging my weapon and walking cane into the first slot everytime I go into battle, if I happened to be a third different hand-slot equipment.

Like instead of doing this:

1. Find my weapon and walking cane in my inventory (which might not be in the first slots because item-gathering and tool swapping means my stuff might have been shuffled just because I've been doing a variety of tasks)
  2. Put one or other in slot 1
  3. Equip the one in slot 1
  4. Now slot 1 is empty so move the other thing into slot 1
  5. Now I can swap between two things with one key

I would like to do this:

1. Find my weapon and walking cane
  2. Equip one of them
  3. Put the other in slot 1
  4. Now I can swap between two things with one key

Currently doing the latter set of steps might put the first thing you equipped back into Slot 8 or wherever it was when you equipped it first.

Edited by Semind
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, The Starver said:

SERIOUSLY!!!

On Switch, it's just painful to play at the current UI size in tabletop mode in splitscreen. This would be one of the best console-related changes since fixing item swapping. Please do this!!

This may be a dumb question to ask: but does the UI size settings in Options not work for split screen or are they simply not large enough?

I don’t like my UI to be overly large.. because mobs and hazards can hide behind it (smashing into a seastack you could’ve avoided if you saw it under your UI is no fun..)

What the game really needs is a way to Show/Hide the on screen HuD stuff with the tap of a button.

Cause I can assure you- Get your boat eaten by a bunch of cookie cutters hiding under your inventory bar, and you’ll start sailing towards stuff in any other direction but downwards. Lol.

• Wavey 1