[Game Update] - 599141

• Developer

Changes

• Wagstaff’s Abandoned Junk won’t fail as much to spawn in now.
  • The Enlightened Crown UI now stays closed after joining a world or going to the caves.
  • The W.O.B.O.T. now works offscreen.
  • The Nightmare/Scrappy Werepig will no longer spawn in both the Forest and Cave at the same time. Some beta worlds may still have both active until they are defeated.
  • Lureplants can now be trampled by creatures that can trample through obstacles and structures.
  • The Creature's Chat setting has been added. It causes some non-Survivor speech lines to display in Chat. The setting is currently used by Pearl, Wagstaff, the Ancient Fuelweaver, the Nightmare & Scrappy Werepig, and Frostjaw.
  • Creature’s Chat will now try to avoid repeating the same message in a short time period.
  • A new option has been added in the advanced options for setting the boat hop delay to be able to remove it or make it longer.
  • The Player will now enter a stationary state when opening a portable container in their inventory.  The container will stay open when using items from inside of it.  However, it will automatically close if the Player moves, performs other actions, or is interrupted.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Dragonfly Furnace being able to destroy the Eternal Fruitcake. Not even this heat can destroy this present.
  • Fixed Dragonfly Furnace not dropping items when being hit with a hammer or other work items.
  • Fixed a crash related to creatures stealing items.
  • Fixed a crash related to the Frostjaw chatting.
  • Fixed an issue related to the Junkyard fences not spawning in correctly from position or rotation.
  • Some worlds where this was seen will need to hammer the fences to remove. They are harmless otherwise.
  • Fixed Rifts minimap icon not disappearing after the Rift closes.
  • Fixed W.O.B.O.T. sometimes consuming durability while offscreen, causing it to break much faster than it should.
  • Fixed inventory items not showing the correct actions when the server pauses or when the player opens and closes a container.

Update Note

• There was a feature to do with Lunar Hail mentioned in our live stream. We decided it was not complete enough to come out in this update. So look for it in a future release.
  • The spawning mechanic of the Nightmare/Scrappy Werepig has been modified to what we had originally planned and now that players have experienced the fight it has been changed to reflect that.

View full update

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 1

1 minute ago, V2C said:

Lureplants can now be trampled by creatures that can trample through obstacles and structures.

Oh... it makes sense, treeguard cheese it is then D:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Cool, now fix "use" and "target lock/unlock" being on the same button on controller.

Also, fix targeting the bone cage with the weather pain on console.

Then I might fight fuelweaver on console without fighting the controller itself on top of the boss.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

35 minutes ago, V2C said:

Update Note

• There was a feature to do with Lunar Hail mentioned in our live stream. We decided it was not complete enough to come out in this update. So look for it in a future release.

Just to clarify: has it been pushed back to a future content update, or will we be seeing something later in the beta?

11 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • The Enlightened Crown UI now stays closed after joining a world or going to the caves.

OOHHH YEAAAHH  :applause:

• The W.O.B.O.T. now works offscreen.

Nice, but it breaks so fast =/ :wilson_lightbulb:

• Lureplants can now be trampled by creatures that can trample through obstacles and structures.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYY!???? WAY KILL SO MANY CHEESES?? :wilson_horror:

• The Player will now enter a stationary state when opening a portable container in their inventory.  The container will stay open when using items from inside of it.  However, it will automatically close if the Player moves, performs other actions, or is interrupted.

=/ Sad, I was loving the way they were working.  Spectackler Box lost a lot of utility now. :wilson_cry:

• Fixed Dragonfly Furnace being able to destroy the Eternal Fruitcake. Not even this heat can destroy this present.

But it was supposed to be the purpose of the Destroy option :wilsondisapproving::wilson_hurt:.

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

32 minutes ago, JeezSorry said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

embrace the eternal side my friend.

Mwahahaha.

6 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

But it was supposed to be the purpose of the Destroy option :wilsondisapproving::wilson_hurt:

Because you cannot destroy us.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, V2C said:

I personally am able to kill fuelweaver in a straight fight, but in one of my worlds, I have the lureplant setup with houndius.

I do both. One world, I straight out fight fuelweaver every year and in the other, I automate it.

I disagree with this change. I primarily play combat centric characters and farming isn't something that interests me at all. Wigfrid/Woodie main and both of those characters are far more productive when amassing meats than they are at farming vegetables, so I argue my detachment of bias in this situation, but I've always been proud of other ways of undertaking this game without having to fight a single mob.

Some players actually can't fight fuelweaver and the fight seems to have been balanced to be undertaken with more than one player. So many situations, players won't get this liberty.

Hell, I myself, in order to be able to consistently beat fuelweaver, boots up creative worlds and grinds out the fight in order to gain the skill required to overcome this landmark and it took me hours.

There's a general precedent in sandbox games where people use contraptions to create death machines to deal with bosses they otherwise cannot fight clean. Having this taken away seems to take this autonomy away from players. 

I don't think it's a good decision. 

For me, Wigfrid is a beast at the fuelweaver fight, so it's business as usual for the most part, even for my automated fight, but all in all, I don't believe it's a great change at all, even if it's exploitative. 

To alleviate the increase of difficulty of the fuelweaver fight, we should get batch cooking before both rifts. Namely added function to the scaled furnace.

• Like 5
  • Big Ups 2

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Changes

Quick question:

- so ... what is the point of houndious shootius now? like the fw cheesing was the main purpose for them to exist and craft

i'll guess it'll be just be for inkblight farms now 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, V2C said:

The Player will now enter a stationary state when opening a portable container in their inventory.  The container will stay open when using items from inside of it.  However, it will automatically close if the Player moves, performs other actions, or is interrupted.

@V2C@DiogoW
Good implementation guys. What about allowing us to craft using the Spectackler box with twiggs (or rot)? If possible would be nice allow us to keep crafting stuff using it because its an underrated item that could see more use. And personally I found it very useful during building and now the box closes when I try to craft something using the twiggs inside.

• Like 12
  • Big Ups 6