The game is turning into a mess. All what was once built is now being destroyed. We don't know what Klei's intention, mission and philosophy is anymore.

Once a month I come here, and once a month I find the same thread... with the same people... saying the same things... still playing the same game they claim to hate so much

• Like 3
  • Haha 10
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 2

4 hours ago, Fatkitty said:

Once a month I come here, and once a month I find the same thread... with the same people... saying the same things... still playing the same game they claim to hate so much

Wow it's almost like people who are complaining used to love this game and now that it is being warped into something it isn't they aren't just giving up and actually want Klei to listen to them

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Wow it's almost like people who are complaining used to love this game and now that it is being warped into something it isn't they aren't just giving up and actually want Klei to listen to them

They should. It's delusional to think Klei will pull a 180 on their choices when the majority of players are happy with the current direction. Remember when the DS pinecone bug was patched and people freaked out? Imagine the backlash from Klei removing actual features from fan favorite characters. Klei isn't going to suddenly be like ah yes the minority complaining is right actually. This concept of "Klei should listen to it's players" goes both ways - at the end of the day Klei is going to go with what makes people the happiest, and it is abundantly clear that the current direction is making most people pretty happy. Your only way to change the course would be to persuade the playerbase to want something different. Complaining about coddling new players or suggesting the outright removal of new perks for characters is not going to achieve that goal. If that's all you can muster do everyone including yourself a favour and give up.

Bear in mind, I'm not saying that you cannot achieve change, I'm saying you cannot expect to wrangle the game's direction into one of your choosing. You may as well try to push for character reworks to be deleted at this point. Suggestions let you influence the direction, not control it outright.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 3

49 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

They should. It's delusional to think Klei will pull a 180 on their choices when the majority of players are happy with the current direction. Remember when the DS pinecone bug was patched and people freaked out? Imagine the backlash from Klei removing actual features from fan favorite characters. Klei isn't going to suddenly be like ah yes the minority complaining is right actually. This concept of "Klei should listen to it's players" goes both ways - at the end of the day Klei is going to go with what makes people the happiest, and it is abundantly clear that the current direction is making most people pretty happy. Your only way to change the course would be to persuade the playerbase to want something different. Complaining about coddling new players or suggesting the outright removal of new perks for characters is not going to achieve that goal. If that's all you can muster do everyone including yourself a favour and give up.

Bear in mind, I'm not saying that you cannot achieve change, I'm saying you cannot expect to wrangle the game's direction into one of your choosing. You may as well try to push for character reworks to be deleted at this point. Suggestions let you influence the direction, not control it outright.

I mean no one wants a 180.

We want atleast consideration and consistency

Something is off.

And btw, I am against new biomes added to main land or map generation tweaks that change the main base game too much. But it would be cool to get some "new powers" thing going on for combat/weapons, or even equipments.

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

The problem with these people is that they always speak in their own interest. They have no concern for what other players may consider to be enjoyable. They are also very easily offended. 

It's like me saying real men like obviously solo Fuelweaver using an axe no armor... but Klei added all of these things like football helmets, clubs, swords, etc.... Now the game is totally for noobs. 

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

Well said!

These threads are always about the minority that want to strongarm the majority because they have a *reason* why their opinion is most valid. The reason could be they've played it for 10 years, or they have a giant base, or they own every skin. Whatever it is, its always THE MINORITY trying to speak for THE MAJORITY. 

If it were the other way around, the player count would be tanking and Klei would reverse directions. The data from Steamcharts.com shows the opposite. DST is averaging a record number of players as time progresses. Nothing but more players YoY. There may be some adjustments for seasonality like where January is down MoM from December when people go back to school, but the trend is still upward in terms of player count.

I do not play the Steam version as often but they have just added more public servers for the PlayStation Network, which means there is some demand there. 

In summation, say what you want about the game and what you think it should be, the numbers are demonstrating that people are liking the direction the game is going. 

See you guys next month for the next version of this thread!!

Edited by Fatkitty
  • Like 4
  • Spooky 1

3 hours ago, Swiyss said:

I mean no one wants a 180.

you'll have to speak for yourself. 

observing the various viewpoints of the people here who are very vocal should let you understand that

even now, there are people here on the forums who want skill trees and planar mechanics to be scrapped even when they know that we're already waaay into deep with it already 

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fatkitty said:

The problem with these people is that they always speak in their own interest

Saying this without knowing anything about the thread is as ridiculous as it gets. First of all, I take everything that I can in consideration, still I am no perfect human, so I can't talk for everyone, I am only 1 person. Second, expressing MY view of the game has nothing wrong with it, you're the actual one hurt here since you can't seem to understand people have different opinions than yours, and that constructive criticism comes harsh for some people. And third, free speech is very important, saying that people that have the same point of view as me (the minority as you blindly say, since you got no scientific degree in overall opinion) should be silenced or discouraged to comment is a dangerous thought. If you can't even read a thread before commenting, that already shows to me how shallow one can be. There are a lot of points here that have been discussed and no one had to be mean or agressive.

2 hours ago, Fatkitty said:

They have no concern for what other players may consider to be enjoyable.

I myself have literally tried my absolute best to understand everyone here, and even then we disagree and that is fine. Having threads like this, even if it looks "negative" or "toxic" in your opinion is totally ok as long as I'm not being a jerk, like saying people that think differently than me shouldn't be typing.

Many many ideas, situations, opinions and topics were discussed here because of this said "negativity", which apparently drives people to think and comment.

But I don't wanna go too much off-topic here, I don't want this to be personal. So I encourage you to atleast express your opinion about the game so we can have a nice fruitful discussion possibly.

2 hours ago, mykenception said:

you'll have to speak for yourself. 

observer the various viewpoints of the people here who are very vocal should let you understand that

even now, there are people here on the forums who want skill trees and planar mechanics to be scrapped even when they know that we're already waaay into deep with it already 

If someone wants a 180 in direction of content then they want to ruin the game. They are naive about others opinions besides theirs, and that is not me.

EDIT : I ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ EVERYTHING I SAID HERE. IF YOU STILL IGNORE THE EXISTENCE OF THIS PERSPECTIVE, THERE IS NO HOPE FOR THE FUTURE. YOU ARE IGNORING THE TRUTH.

Now, not necessarily talking about this quote :

I've been hardly trying to see if people would agree that maybe, just maybe, we could possibly take a view from someone who has been playing since the beginning. My perspective is very important for the development of the game, everyone's views are. But if we're going to act like some shouldn't talk because they're apparently trying to focus on their views, which is a minority only, then we're discouraging the possibility of making the game ACTUALLY great for eveyone.

Even if I am sad that some people left the forums because of these discussions, and they were defending the "Uncompromising" way of playing the game, I cannot protect someone who is incoherent enough to defend a radical point of view, that is just not gonna go anywhere. Still, if these people were resilient and resistant about their points and views, they wouldn't have left.

People who are radical, from both sides, usually don't want to comply, simply they want THEIR perspective forced into the game. It is very important for me to express my opinion, since it CAN change Klei's development of the game.

Just because some "minority" is talking, doesn't mean that I am wrong, it just means that I think differently.

THE MAIN POINT ABOUT OTHER FORUMITES.

It could be true that, seeing those people that protects the game's integrity (as in their views, the main DS style is what they like about DS/T) lead to a possible discuss for them since many were speaking against the "majority". Then creating a substantial "ick" about it since most were just yapping. Still that is no reason to discredit them. Still that is no reason to neglect their views.

Most of here seem to think that the game should be fun rather than challenging anymore, and use fake arguments about the game's rise with no data. Just because the current development of the game may not take in consideration our point of view doesn't mean that we're wrong about the game. And you absolutely cannot blindly (again) pinpoint the game's rise with the current development idea. There are many more QoL things that influence the game's rise than in-deep in-game content since these new players won't even see these. Things like the scrapbook and points of interest were very nice additions, the creation of skill trees were also amazing. And just because these features may not contain the amount of harsh unforgiveness, doesn't mean the opposite is what's taking place in popularity. Still I want to talk about it, still I will express how maybe some downsides from characters could stay in the game and not be completely removed for casual gameplay.

And it is very very discouraging to talk here also, because eveytime I talk about protecting the harsh truth of gameplay, literally the "majority" comes flying at me with teeth and claws. Has no one taken in consideration MY point of view? Has no one thought about how I play the game? Or is the majority leading development?

Just because people who had my opinion were jerks, doesn't mean that my opinion is wrong or harmful for the game, rather those who had that "mentality" were.

Can we actually drop normalizing discrimination with people who think differently? Can I actually discuss here?

I do not want to change anyone's minds or alter their perspective of the game since THAT would be arrogant. Only thing I want is for my style of gameplay to be considered, and there is room for everyone.

Just because there are no "veteran hardcore uncompromising mode meta driven anti-mods" defenders doesn't mean that they don't exist. And just because my point of view falls a LITTLE to their side doesn't mean I have to be discredited.

I will still defend my ideas and thoughts about the game, and show people that my mindset is NOT destructive, rather I want to coexist in between them.

I will still show how we can take in consideration my (and many other silent people) points of view when releasing these features. You are not the only person who plays the game, and making it fun for everyone, rather that be veterans or newbies, is the way to go.

When Klei said they were making the game more accessible for new players, I wasn't against that idea. The opposite, I was happy because, when I started playing, it was harsh, but now people can have a more subtle encounter when first experiencing the game. Klei admitted in game quotes weren't enough.

I hope that, just because people who thinks like me are x,y and z, you guys don't decide to put ME on a bubble alongside them.

I am not in the center of the graph when it comes to my opinion, I am tilted towards the idea that the game should encourage challenge, wether it is at the start of the game, or in the addition of new content.

So, because of this, I am willing to defend and protect Acid rains, Lunar hails, Brightshade plants and harsh environments. Still, I want a place for everyone, so we can all enjoy the game.

Making a mushroom cap drop at half spoil rate is a harsh newly added idea, but it is fair. Uncompromising doesn't have to be unfair, but rather challenging.

(I know that many won't agree with me, and I know that many will think that it is not like that. But if you are not willing to protect this idea, then don't come say to me that specific terms matter when speaking of a large point of view, or discredit my ideas just because they are not exactly at the perfect uncompromising range)

When Klei added these late game so-called harsh environments threats, I didn't think they would nerf it so much, or make the player completely negate their effects with simple items.

VERY IMPORTANT.

Winter cold is a harsh environment feature that has to be fought against, there are many ways of doing it. And because this feature is a reflection of a real life feature, it is very easy to find fair but hard ideas and ways to overcome this.

But when we have the pillar to protect completely against falling boulders, apparently that is fine.

NOW HEAR ME, AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY.

I am NOT against the removal of the pillar. It would be like telling Klei to remove the Thermal Stone.

I am against these being permanent solutions. I am against people using the No Durability Thermal Stones Mods because they don't understand how to maintain a thermal stone at 100% throughout the whole Winter.

So simply making the pillar permanent at the cost of resources is rather bad for my playstyle, and adding little tasks to maintain those stone pillars would be like adding a percentage drop in a thermal stone.

I want lunar hails to actually screw me up in someway, simply standing besides a tree, which is an object that exist naturally all over the place, is a very bad way of dealing with it. Imagine if spring rain was only 1 to 2 minutes duration, and staying besides a tree was the definitive way to overcome it.

C'mon, there is a big giant warning when activating rifts both sides. Currently, if I was a player trying to REALLY learn and study the game like I did back in the day, I would be completely limp when I realised that these so called "difficulties" that would in someway be harsh and destroy my environment easily countered by (NOT KNOWLEDGE), but simply a tree. Atleast acid rain requires you to kill a 3 mini-boss encounter, and craft a station kit in a pseudoscience station. I would be underwhelmed to see that these so called harsh environment features are easier to deal with than spring rain, which is something so primal..

I would only assume, that Klei is not making those features hard enough because people were complaining about them.

Why can't we have knowledge driven and hard-to-deal harsh features be added to the game? That is how the game always was. Lunar hail is pathetic compared to winter cold even, and it is miles away from development and require tons and tons of progress to achieve. Also, not counting the fact that those rift rewards are wayy stronger than the problems that comes with it.

I want balance. The meter HAS to point slightly towards rewards though, but not like it currently is. I also don't like Toadstool Drops type of an uncompromising idea, that is another extreme.

So, when the balance goes towards YOU GUYS idea of what the game should be (that it shouldn't even be hard) then that's ok. But when it tilts towards MY SIDE, THEN the game would dying for you.

Reality is that, it is so simple to understand this but people are to naive and egoist to change. Both extremes are wrong. But I am not here to defend no extreme, I am here to protect my side and my zone of gameplay.

An example of a good newly added Knowledge Driven feature besides the Umbralla is the new bosses transformation. I went Blind on them and without knowledge of any stun mechanics and I gotta say, it was absolutely amazing. Very harsh. Same for the inkblight trio, I had no idea that one gulp from the bigger guy would tear me to pieces at full hp. That is a great example.

And because there are hardly any great and creative ways to overcome those newly added features (lunar hail, acid rain, falling boulders, some boss fights), people will always complain about it, of course, it was not fair to begin with. THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME. 

That's why I get frustrated.

Clean as glas, yet people don't seem to get it. This whole thread wouldn't have existed if people understood that.

And Klei has to add more options and creative approaches like they did when the new seasons came out or when the Celestial Champion quests were being made.

If you can read everything I've been talking about here, and still be blind enough to not understand this, I don't know what to say, maybe you need more game knowledge to get it.

And if you discredit my ideas just because of the way I present them, you're also being ignorant to the whole other side of players that think slighty like me but don't express their opinions.

THERE IS A WORLD FOR EVERYONE, we just gotta find it. And I hope Klei won't also ignore us just because of people who can't seem to comply.

Edited by Swiyss

11 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

you're the actual one hurt here since you can't seem to understand people have different opinions than yours

I am hurt? What gave you that indication? That's a pretty flimsy assessment. If there is any indication of hurt in this thread, it might be that gigantic book you just wrote that looks like something my crazy ex-girlfriend wrote at 4AM. 

And to prove the ever recurring hypocrisy of what you've said, and these threads in general, I will quote your very first post with what you said above. 

"Here's a petition to remove the word "Uncompromising" from DST. The last gazillion additions to the game are ALL making the game easy"

"you can't seem to understand people have different opinions than yours"

So the game being easier is a FACT or OPINION? Its back to what Koopa said. You think that your OPINION is concrete and omniscient, and treat it as a fact, when it is in fact just your opinion. You are speaking for the masses and you can't come to terms that other people enjoy this game when you don't. 

I personally love the game. I would change nothing about it, and I would love to see skill trees for all characters. Who's right? I don't know but the ever increasing player count might shed a clue....

Edited by Fatkitty
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Fatkitty said:

I am hurt? What gave you that indication? That's a pretty flimsy assessment. If there is any indication of hurt in this thread, it might be that gigantic book you just wrote that looks like something my crazy ex-girlfriend wrote at 4AM. 

And to prove the ever recurring hypocrisy of what you've said, and these threads in general, I will quote your very first post with what you said above. 

"Here's a petition to remove the word "Uncompromising" from DST. The last gazillion additions to the game are ALL making the game easy"

"you can't seem to understand people have different opinions than yours"

So the game being easier is a FACT or OPINION? Its back to what Koopa said. You think that your OPINION is concrete and omniscient, and treat it as a fact, when it is in fact just your opinion. You are speaking for the masses and you can't come to terms that other people enjoy this game when you don't. 

I personally love the game. I would change nothing about it, and I would love to see skill trees for all characters. Who's right? I don't know but the ever increasing player count might shed a clue....

Can you read everything?

To criticize me, you need to actually know what I'm talking about and were I come from. You know that right?

There are 11 pages here and many quotes and comments from other people. If you ain't reading everything, then don't STATE things like that.

You took like 3 minutes to respond to everything I said there, and probably didn't even read my other comments on this thread. C'mon dude.

And again, if I was an angel talking, and sugarcoating every word, this topic would have had 3 comments talking about a grammar mistake I did in the first line of the second paragraph lol.

I NEED to express, but without being toxic or a jerk. I tried it, and it worked.

Just try to understand me please.

Edited by Swiyss

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

Can you read everything?

To criticize me, you need to actually know what I'm talking about and were I come from. You know that right?

There are 11 pages here and many quotes and comments from other people. If you ain't reading everything, then don't STATE things like that.

You took like 3 minutes to respond to everything I said there, and probably didn't even read my other comments on this thread. C'mon dude.

I'm not going to read all of that. I don't think anyone here is going to. Best case they're gonna skim through some parts of it. You would have to pay me to read all of that, but I think I can guess what 11 pages says. It's 11 pages of telling the devs what they did wrong and how you could do it so much better with a few dudes in their moms basements agreeing with you and like some other people saying the opposite. 

I said a blanket statement about people who create these threads and go on a tangent, then you dragged me into it calling me hurt. 

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

1 minute ago, Fatkitty said:

I'm not going to read all of that. I don't think anyone here is going to. Best case they're gonna skim through some parts of it. You would have to pay me to read all of that, but I think I can guess what 11 pages says. It's 11 pages of telling the devs what they did wrong and how you could do it so much better with a few dudes in their moms basements agreeing with you and like some other people saying the opposite. 

I said a blanket statement about people who create these threads and go on a tangent, then you dragged me into it calling me hurt. 

I am not like you.

I read every single word from every single comment here, and not even on my threads, but most topics in the forums.

I actually wanna say "I am wrong" if I'm actually wrong. I am mature enough for that.

If you don't wanna read it, that's ok.

But just know that giving me your opinion without taking mine in consideration is not the way to go.

You are lucky I didn't ignore you, but rather tried to show you my way. 

I was fair, but didn't get the same treatment. I am also far from disappointed though, cause I know my intentions, and they're all for the great of the game and the Team at Klei.

33 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Saying this without knowing anything about the thread is as ridiculous as it gets. First of all, I take everything that I can in consideration, still I am no perfect human, so I can't talk for everyone, I am only 1 person. Second, expressing MY view of the game has nothing wrong with it, you're the actual one hurt here since you can't seem to understand people have different opinions than yours, and that constructive criticism comes harsh for some people. And third, free speech is very important, saying that people that have the same point of view as me (the minority as you blindly say, since you got no scientific degree in overall opinion) should be silenced or discouraged to comment is a dangerous thought. If you can't even read a thread before commenting, that already shows to me how shallow one can be. There are a lot of points here that have been discussed and no one had to be mean or agressive.

I myself have literally tried my absolute best to understand everyone here, and even then we disagree and that is fine. Having threads like this, even if it looks "negative" or "toxic" in your opinion is totally ok as long as I'm not being a jerk, like saying people that think differently than me shouldn't be typing.

Many many ideas, situations, opinions and topics were discussed here because of this said "negativity", which apparently drives people to think and comment.

But I don't wanna go too much off-topic here, I don't want this to be personal. So I encourage you to atleast express your opinion about the game so we can have a nice fruitful discussion possibly.

If someone wants a 180 in direction of content then they want to ruin the game. They are naive about others opinions besides theirs, and that is not me.

EDIT : I ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ EVERYTHING I SAID HERE. IF YOU STILL IGNORE THE EXISTENCE OF THIS PERSPECTIVE, THERE IS NO HOPE FOR THE FUTURE. YOU ARE IGNORING THE TRUTH.

Now, not necessarily talking about this quote :

I've been hardly trying to see if people would agree that maybe, just maybe, we could possibly take a view from someone who has been playing since the beginning. My perspective is very important for the development of the game, everyone's views are. But if we're going to act like some shouldn't talk because they're apparently trying to focus on their views, which is a minority only, then we're discouraging the possibility of making the game ACTUALLY great for eveyone.

Even if I am sad that some people left the forums because of these discussions, and they were defending the "Uncompromising" way of playing the game, I cannot protect someone who is incoherent enough to defend a radical point of view, that is just not gonna go anywhere. Still, if these people were resilient and resistant about their points and views, they wouldn't have left.

People who are radical, from both sides, usually don't want to comply, simply they want THEIR perspective forced into the game. It is very important for me to express my opinion, since it CAN change Klei's development of the game.

Just because some "minority" is talking, doesn't mean that I am wrong, it just means that I think differently.

THE MAIN POINT ABOUT OTHER FORUMITES.

It could be true that, seeing those people that protects the game's integrity (as in their views, the main DS style is what they like about DS/T) lead to a possible discuss for them since many were speaking against the "majority". Then creating a substantial "ick" about it since most were just yapping. Still that is no reason to discredit them. Still that is no reason to neglect their views.

Most of here seem to think that the game should be fun rather than challenging anymore, and use fake arguments about the game's rise with no data. Just because the current development of the game may not take in consideration our point of view doesn't mean that we're wrong about the game. And you absolutely cannot blindly (again) pinpoint the game's rise with the current development idea. There are many more QoL things that influence the game's rise than in-deep in-game content since these new players won't even see these. Things like the scrapbook and points of interest were very nice additions, the creation of skill trees were also amazing. And just because these features may not contain the amount of harsh unforgiveness, doesn't mean the opposite is what's taking place in popularity. Still I want to talk about it, still I will express how maybe some downsides from characters could stay in the game and not be completely removed for casual gameplay.

And it is very very discouraging to talk here also, because eveytime I talk about protecting the harsh truth of gameplay, literally the "majority" comes flying at me with teeth and claws. Has no one taken in consideration MY point of view? Has no one thought about how I play the game? Or is the majority leading development?

Just because people who had my opinion were jerks, doesn't mean that my opinion is wrong or harmful for the game, rather those who had that "mentality" were.

Can we actually drop normalizing discrimination with people who think differently? Can I actually discuss here?

I do not want to change anyone's minds or alter their perspective of the game since THAT would be arrogant. Only thing I want is for my style of gameplay to be considered, and there is room for everyone.

Just because there are no "veteran hardcore uncompromising mode meta driven anti-mods" defenders doesn't mean that they don't exist. And just because my point of view falls a LITTLE to their side doesn't mean I have to be discredited.

I will still defend my ideas and thoughts about the game, and show people that my mindset is NOT destructive, rather I want to coexist in between them.

I will still show how we can take in consideration my (and many other silent people) points of view when releasing these features. You are not the only person who plays the game, and making it fun for everyone, rather that be veterans or newbies, is the way to go.

When Klei said they were making the game more accessible for new players, I wasn't against that idea. The opposite, I was happy because, when I started playing, it was harsh, but now people can have a more subtle encounter when first experiencing the game. Klei admitted in game quotes weren't enough.

I hope that, just because people who thinks like me are x,y and z, you guys don't decide to put ME on a bubble alongside them.

I am not in the center of the graph when it comes to my opinion, I am tilted towards the idea that the game should encourage challenge, wether it is at the start of the game, or in the addition of new content.

So, because of this, I am willing to defend and protect Acid rains, Lunar hails, Brightshade plants and harsh environments. Still, I want a place for everyone, so we can all enjoy the game.

Making a mushroom cap drop at half spoil rate is a harsh newly added idea, but it is fair. Uncompromising doesn't have to be unfair, but rather challenging.

(I know that many won't agree with me, and I know that many will think that it is not like that. But if you are not willing to protect this idea, then don't come say to me that specific terms matter when speaking of a large point of view, or discredit my ideas just because they are not exactly at the perfect uncompromising range)

When Klei added these late game so-called harsh environments threats, I didn't think they would nerf it so much, or make the player completely negate their effects with simple items.

VERY IMPORTANT.

Winter cold is a harsh environment feature that has to be fought against, there are many ways of doing it. And because this feature is a reflection of a real life feature, it is very easy to find fair but hard ideas and ways to overcome this.

But when we have the pillar to protect completely against falling boulders, apparently that is fine.

NOW HEAR ME, AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY.

I am NOT against the removal of the pillar. It would be like telling Klei to remove the Thermal Stone.

I am against these being permanent solutions. I am against people using the No Durability Thermal Stones Mods because they don't understand how to maintain a thermal stone at 100% throughout the whole Winter.

So simply making the pillar permanent at the cost of resources is rather bad for my playstyle, and adding little tasks to maintain those stone pillars would be like adding a percentage drop in a thermal stone.

I want lunar hails to actually screw me up in someway, simply standing besides a tree, which is an object that exist naturally all over the place, is a very bad way of dealing with it. Imagine if spring rain was only 1 to 2 minutes duration, and staying besides a tree was the definitive way to overcome it.

C'mon, there is a big giant warning when activating rifts both sides. Currently, if I was a player trying to REALLY learn and study the game like I did back in the day, I would be completely limp when I realised that these so called "difficulties" that would in someway be harsh and destroy my environment easily countered by (NOT KNOWLEDGE), but simply a tree. Atleast acid rain requires you to kill a 3 mini-boss encounter, and craft a station kit in a pseudoscience station. I would be underwhelmed to see that these so called harsh environment features are easier to deal with than spring rain, which is something so primal..

I would only assume, that Klei is not making those features hard enough because people were complaining about them.

Why can't we have knowledge driven and hard-to-deal harsh features be added to the game? That is how the game always was. Lunar hail is pathetic compared to winter cold even, and it is miles away from development and require tons and tons of progress to achieve. Also, not counting the fact that those rift rewards are wayy stronger than the problems that comes with it.

I want balance. The meter HAS to point slightly towards rewards though, but not like it currently is. I also don't like Toadstool Drops type of an uncompromising idea, that is another extreme.

So, when the balance goes towards YOU GUYS idea of what the game should be (that it shouldn't even be hard) then that's ok. But when it tilts towards MY SIDE, THEN the game would dying for you.

Reality is that, it is so simple to understand this but people are to naive and egoist to change. Both extremes are wrong. But I am not here to defend no extreme, I am here to protect my side and my zone of gameplay.

An example of a good newly added Knowledge Driven feature besides the Umbralla is the new bosses transformation. I went Blind on them and without knowledge of any stun mechanics and I gotta say, it was absolutely amazing. Very harsh. Same for the inkblight trio, I had no idea that one gulp from the bigger guy would tear me to pieces at full hp. That is a great example.

And because there are hardly any great and creative ways to overcome those newly added features, people will always complain about it, of course, it was not fair to begin with. THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME. 

That's why I get frustrated.

Clean as glas, yet people don't seem to get it. This whole thread wouldn't have existed if people understood that.

And Klei has to add more options and creative approaches like they did when the new seasons came out or when the Celestial Champion quests were being made.

If you can read everything I've been talking about here, and still be blind enough to not understand this, I don't know what to say, maybe you need more game knowledge to get it.

And if you discredit my ideas just because of the way I present them, you're also being ignorant to the whole other side of players that think slighty like me but don't express their opinions.

THERE IS A WORLD FOR EVERYONE, we just gotta find it. And I hope Klei won't also ignore us just because of people who can't seem to comply.

it's 2024, pls make tldr :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mykenception said:

it's 2024, pls make tldr :(

The tldr is at the last 2 paragraphs.

I don't need to do tldr's because I understand the concept of a dissertation.

40 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Can you read everything?

makes an ever so long article

"if you didn't read it all then you have no opinion"

*sigh*

16 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

The tldr is at the last 2 paragraphs.

I don't need to do tldr's because I understand the concept of a dissertation.

then you've basically lost potential people to agree with your point. Being stubborn and unreasonable in a point like this, especially when you're trying to convey your message, is rather foolish

if this is your way to sort other people so only those who will bear with whatever this is then my god, congratulations to you for successfully making a new method in making echo chamber

I feel bad for the devs having to review this research paper

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Posted (edited)

makes an ever so long article

"if you didn't read it all then you have no opinion"

*sigh*

then you've basically lost potential people to agree with your point. Being stubborn and unreasonable in a point like these, especially when you're trying to convey your message, is rather foolish

if this is your way to sort other people so only those who will bear with whatever this is then my god, congratulations to you for successful making a new method to make echo chamber

I feel bad for the devs having to review this research paper

Ok then. But I already have a "tldr" as I said. It is in the last 2 or 3 paragraphs. A dissertation ends with a "conclusion". And you wouldn't be able to fully understand it without reading 90% of it.

Again, I cannot write actual comments like these because hardly people read them like you said, even if it is well written and organized.

For people to understand concepts and ideas these days, you have to have a person talking in a very fast paced and energetic way while constantly cutting the end of their phrases, the use of hard words is prohibited, and there has to be constant images of examples to make them understand it in a video format.

This is a forum, I can't help it.

If I had a yt channel, I would do these things, still people would misunderstand.

I'm an og I'm sorry. I have notepads and notebooks to fully show my ideas.

I actually read book on a daily basis lol.

if you didn't read it all then you have no opinion

Who are you quoting here? That is not even what I said. You're just lying.

3 hours ago, Swiyss said:

To criticize me, you need to actually know what I'm talking about and were I come from. You know that right

Is this statement wrong? Tell me.

Actually. I don't want to engage in this idea. I don't want this subjective statements to be the main point.

Please, let's just talk about the game?

Edited by Swiyss

1 minute ago, mykenception said:

I will stop interacting with this thread now

it didn't really achieve anything, nothing of substance was made, no actual agreements or conclusion was reached

good day to everyone. cheers

HAHAHAHHAHAHHA LOL.

He read everything, knew in his subconscious that he agreed with me, and then quit. 

Bro you cannot make this up loool.

5 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

HAHAHAHHAHAHHA LOL.

He read everything, knew in his subconscious that he agreed with me, and then quit. 

Bro you cannot make this up loool.

I know this is bait

nope I still didn't read your article

you know nothing about me so making guesses that I subconsciously agreed with you is a joke

I decided to quit because this is pointless, I'd rather go back to playing 

• Like 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

Just now, mykenception said:

nope I still didn't read your article.

I underestimated your drive to not agree. 

For instance, I am the one who said "I agree" around 25 times.

1 hour ago, Swiyss said:

I ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ EVERYTHING I SAID HERE. IF YOU STILL IGNORE THE EXISTENCE OF THIS PERSPECTIVE, THERE IS NO HOPE FOR THE FUTURE. YOU ARE IGNORING THE TRUTH.

am i in middle of some cult recruitment or something. new false prophet of DST has arise.  the entitlement tho

1 hour ago, Swiyss said:

i think they understood they just dont share the same opinion as u . thats why the thread going on. 

1 hour ago, Swiyss said:

i dont think the game is turning into mess, or being destroyed.
why people who okay with the updates was naive and egoist to change ? arent you who not open to change ? 
im not sure which reality u referring to cus in mine it was okay. instead of making these effort into making a whole article of jumbled word, better u make point and send it in suggestion and feedback. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

am i in middle of some cult recruitment or something. new false prophet of DST has arise.  the entitlement tho

i think they understood they just dont share the same opinion as u . thats why the thread going on. 

i dont think the game is turning into mess, or being destroyed.
why people who okay with the updates was naive and egoist to change ? arent you who not open to change ? 
im not sure which reality u referring to cus in mine it was okay. instead of making these effort into making a whole article of jumbled word, better u make point and send it in suggestion and feedback. 

I was kinda talking about the guy who tried to discredit me with cope.

29 minutes ago, goblinball said:

This thread is going nowhere. Please, for your own sake, go outside and take a break or something.

What? What is even that. Of course it is going somewhere, I changed and agreed and disagreed so much here. So many amazing people talked too, not only me.

24 minutes ago, zhangsheng said:

Relax, this is just a game, why has this topic become increasingly serious.

Let me cook.

@Fatkitty Don't you think we have to appease for people who think the game should be fundamentally consistent also? Your take was that we are to negative, but it is just feedback.

And I gave reasons to believe that, spring rain and winter cold.

3 hours ago, Fatkitty said:

So the game being easier is a FACT or OPINION?

Compared to what it was before, I think Klei might've not taken in consideration many players that think slightly like me. Just read what I wrote.

• Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1