Favorite DST boss?

Favorite DST boss? (yes I know, I did not add FrostJaw)  

141 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite DST boss?

• Deerclops
    • Antlion
    • Bearger
    • Moose/Goose
    • Eye of Terror
    • Dragonfly
    • Nightmare Werepig
    • Ancient Fule Weaver
    • Armored Bearger
    • Crystal Deerclops
    • Possessed Varg
    • Shadow Pieces
    • Klaus
    • Toadstool
    • Ancient Guardian
    • Celestial Campion
    • Malbatross
    • Crab King
    • Twins Of Terror
    • Bee Queen

My favorite boss is Nightmare Werepig due to the fact he rewards you for fighting and the fact that you have to get used to each phase's attack pattern. Also please don't make fun of someone who has a different opinion than you.

I like Antlion the most because she is a seasonal threat and you have to deal with her by either killing her or giving her food every summer or suffer the consequences.

Simple fight too with a neat little tiny self made arena that fits really well with her attack pattern. Her loot is garbage but loot doesn't matter imo. It is about her being a global threat.

Willow loves Dragonfly so its only natural that I do as well, but also she has so many different ways of fighting her and changing the fight that I really like the options.  I rarely feel like I have to do something I don't want to when it comes to preparing to fight dfly.

Toadstool isn't a good boss at all but he's my favorite just because of how the fight is so simple yet demanding. It's not like Bee Queen where you have to prepare for so many little things or Dragonfly who is too easily defanged by walls and one free flute. Toad can be done so cheaply so quickly if you know the right strategies and execute it well, I think the fight is phenomenal and only brought down so much because of the god awful loot.

Okay that one was hard to decide. I picked Shadow Pieces because i really REALLY like their design, the mystery element to the setup for the fight, the customization options of chosing  which piece to kill first and the knight has no business looking this goddamn creepy I love it!

But seeing NO votes for the Ancient Guardian yet seems unfair, I wanna give that guy some love too. It's an easy to learn fight thats very dynamic and keeps you moving and the rework did a great job! The new design is also really amazing. That animation, when he tries to get up and falls back to the ground again really made me feel empathy for him (there's a reason Maxwell calls him "old friend"). Paired with the progressively tattered look and the fuel spilling out almost gave me Sealed Vessel vibes.

And Fuelweaver. I have never once beaten him and not so long ago I complained about that fact in the forum, but I still have to admit, this is what a fight against an equal should feel. This isn't some beast, this is a person like yourself, who throws all he has at you to stop you from presumably making a terrible mistake. Goosebumps from listening to him, while getting my butt absolutely handed to me, would do again.

4 hours ago, goatt said:

Many bosses provide loots that are mandatory for QoL in DST.

What QoL is considered mandatory? Can't think of a single boss that I consider mandatory. Deerclops is the closest one I can think of because of the Eyebrella but we have the Raincoat and that works exceptionally well. At least for me no other bosses loot is even remotely useful.

7 hours ago, Evelo said:

What QoL is considered mandatory? Can't think of a single boss that I consider mandatory. Deerclops is the closest one I can think of because of the Eyebrella but we have the Raincoat and that works exceptionally well. At least for me no other bosses loot is even remotely useful.

BQ's bundle wrap

Without them you would need to constanly gather few healing and/or sanity food for boss fights and long journeys. Also is super useful to keep the veggies and seeds you farm so you can simply expend some days of spring and get food for years

Definitely Champion. It's the only boss fight that feels like an actual boss fight instead of a particularly spongy mob.

I admit I really don't like Phase 3 of that fight at all, but since it can be cheesed with a couple Gunpowder stacks, I don't really mind.

1 hour ago, Ryusuta said:

Definitely Champion. It's the only boss fight that feels like an actual boss fight instead of a particularly spongy mob.

I admit I really don't like Phase 3 of that fight at all, but since it can be cheesed with a couple Gunpowder stacks, I don't really mind.

Tbh champion (and fw) feels like a real complex boss precisely because of phase3. The way you need to telegraph their atacks and how 'enlightened alien' it looks is really well designed 

I wish they change phase1, really boring and the AI is broken in multiplayer

3 hours ago, arubaro said:

BQ's bundle wrap

Without them you would need to constanly gather few healing and/or sanity food for boss fights and long journeys. Also is super useful to keep the veggies and seeds you farm so you can simply expend some days of spring and get food for years

Meh, to each their own. I can go an entire playthrough without bundle or gift wrap. We have enough anti-spoilage from Fridges, Salt Boxes, Salt, the Bearger Backpack, and the new Polar Bearger Box. As for seeds the Seed Pack-It is great.

Plus for healing we have Healing Salve, Honey Poultice, Batbat. Sanity food can be made pretty easily via farming regardless of season with Potato + Garlic or Toma Root + Ice.

Just a playstyle difference really, no biggie.

Gameplay-wise: Klaus. I mean, is there even a competition? He's easily available, fun to fight, fair and his drops are useful

Atmosphere and general vibe-wise: Fuelweaver. The only sane member of the Ancient Civilization left, its former ruler, reduced by the shadow forces into a trapped conscience, now returned in the heart of his fallen society he wants nothing more than to spite the gods that have wronged him even if he has to kill us, even if turning off the gateway will kill him. Now that's a proper final boss, not some angry boulder from space.

Personal opinion-wise: Bee Queen. Idk why but I just like that big bee woman, she looks cool, her fight is scary (albeit unfair af) and I like that her hive is just out there in the open, part of the world, perfectly immersed. Plus you can benefit from it without having to fight her

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

I mean, is there even a competition?

FW? even if you like the fights that are about executing the fight and not about figuring out or choosing a strat, he's the most fun fight, especially with restrictions like no lazy explorer/weather pains, would recommend trying to fight him with those restrictions if you didn't yet   

his drops are useful

shroom skin spider hat tallbird egg

he wants nothing more than to spite the gods that have wronged him

pretty sure he wants to save you from turning into a shadow like the rest of the ancients, you can get revived if you die but there's probably nothing to do after turning into a shadow   

My favorite boss based on the actual combat involved in the fight, the loot earned From Said fight, and the Cosmetic Unlocks that are Locked to said fight is Easily Hands Down Eye of Terror.

Its a Simple boss, doesn’t have a Bajillion Health, can be fought over multiple attempts so you have time to regroup, heal up etc and summon it again if you need to- AND it rewards a Football Helmet that’s Infinite as long as you repair it (redcaps and MM or Even Rot work just fine IMO) the look of this Helmet makes me feel like I’m rocking the Neversoft Eye Mascot as a playable character (Nostalgia for any old school THPS players out there..) it has a cool looking statue, and an absolutely Adorable (if your weird like me…) Floating Eyepet you can adopt from a Critter Den.

For these reasons- THIS is my favorite boss, and nah I don’t care one bit that it’s from a Crossover with another game.

That Said- I would be inclined to actually go and fight Nightmare Werepig, IF and Only If… much like Eye of Terror- I could adopt a cute Mini Werepig Pet after doing so.

I know that not everyone enjoys the pets of DST, but that’s kinda the whole point of people having their own things they like/dislike about the game.

6 hours ago, arubaro said:

BQ's bundle wrap

Bundling wrap WOULD be useful, if there wasn’t already a far superior version of it that costs less resources to craft called Gift Wrap. And as long as your world has gone through WintersFeast at least once, you should always have access to GiftWrap (1 Papyrus & 1 flower petals)

So no- I’m not even fighting BQ for BW.

Archived