[Game Update] - 579589

• Developer

Apple computers with Retina displays can downgrade the patch on branch beforemacoschanges for now if you want to play on an out of date game version. We are working on fixing the issue with this setup and will release another hotfix when we have it available.

Tests for Retina display fixes will be done in the public branch retinadisplaytests if you want to help out testing.

Changes

Bug Fixes

• Fixed some cases where action controls could lock up unless you moved your character.
  • Removed a frame delay when initiating or repeating actions while you are already close enough to your target.
  • Fixed the Hunt trail forcing a Varg when the variant was defeated already.
  • Fixed a floating arm showing up during an emote on a chair.
  • Fixed going invisible when doing the facepalm emote on a chair.
  • Fixed Wigfrid’s Moon Warrior Cuirass having overlapping skirts when worn.
  • Fixed W.A.R.B.I.S. Armor going invisible in the back view when activated.
  • Fixed the Saladmander’s fire attack being off theme.
  • Fixed perishable items not taking into account whether they are stored in shadow dimensions.

View full update

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • GL Happy 1

6 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed perishable items not taking into account whether they are stored in shadow dimensions.

Anyone have an explanation for what this means?

Edit: So it turns out the extra spoilage multiplier from shadow dimensions wasn't working for a time, just leaving this here for anyone else that was puzzled

Edited by Horsheen
  • Like 2

I was gonna say, that sounds like one of those AMAZING patch notes on the level of, say, the Sims 3 ones. You can no longer Try for Baby with the Grim Reaper, if you're on fire you no longer have to wait to finish graduating before you can put yourself out, perishable items now notice when they're in a shadow dimension...

Stuff like that. XD

...Notorious

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, V2C said:

The bug was perishable items inside shadow dimension were using local temperature (at 0,0,0) instead of global ambient temperature.

Will items in shadow dimensions be affected by local temperature override, if the actual structure is within the range of Ice Crystaleyeser?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Updated Apple Mac OS libraries for the game
    • Try renaming your client.ini file for any window position issues you may encounter on launching the game. This file may be found at ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/#####/client.ini

What should the file be renamed to?

48 minutes ago, V2C said:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed some cases where action controls could lock up unless you moved your character.

Hey I hate to bother you but does this mean that fighting Crab King will be easier now for Xbox Players?

I just spent the last 2 weeks attempting to fight Crab King and it seemed like there was a bug where my character would get the “Row” button prompt but unless I moved to the very edge of the boat, I could not actually row.

(this lead to lots of boat leaks and many failed fight attempts) 

Hopefully this now makes the character actually row the boat as soon as the prompt to “Row” pops up.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Removed a frame delay when initiating or repeating actions while you are already close enough to your target.

I don't want to get all hyped just yet because I have my suspiciouns on what this might be referring to, but might I ask what issues this delay caused before the update?:)

Edited by mr. brj

• Developer
20 minutes ago, Chev_bug said:

Hmmm ok but why (macOS)

24 minutes ago, emmablack202 said:

What should the file be renamed to?

24 minutes ago, kaTome said:

The game doesn't work on Mac anymore. The game is only in the lower left corner of the screen

I would like as much information on your systems as you can send me on the bug tracker. The client_log.txt file, system information with graphics card details, console.app logs. If you think it could be a factor I want to know of it.

• Like 5
  • Health 2

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Removed a frame delay when initiating or repeating actions while you are already close enough to your target.

I believe this fixed inconsistent attack speed and everything is good in the world again. Maybe there is hope after all

• GL Happy 8
  • Spooky 5

3 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

Wait! I'm confused! So Shadow Chester and Shadow Dimension share the same Cloud. Will your food spoil faster if you put it into a magic hat?

It will be tied to the world now, if its cold it will spoil slow and if its too hot it will spoil faster. Like if it was at a chest somewhere else other than at the source of the world.

• Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, V2C said:

Bug Fixes

• Removed a frame delay when initiating or repeating actions while you are already close enough to your target.
  •  

Oh I hope these are the ones I think they are.  I've had a lot of times where I try to move and my character won't until I release and re-press the buttons or where I press f to attack a target and my character just stands there.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It will be tied to the world now, if its cold it will spoil slow and if its too hot it will spoil faster. Like if it was at a chest somewhere else other than at the source of the world.

On wiki it says that food spoils faster by 50% in Shadow Chester. If you put your food into the hat while also having a Shadow Chester in the world, what will happen?

• Wavey 3

If you're using a Mac like me, and it's been sized to a tiny square, 

Go to Options

Graphics

Enable Full Screen

and change resolution, 3456 x 2234 looked ok for mine, but that might be tied to screen size

Before this is changed, the pointer will not correspond to where it actually is, so keep a careful eye on highlighting