Hallowed Nights Returns!

the new wagstaff quotes (when examined after killing a mutated boss) are:

Spoiler

wilson - "Science never rests!"

willow - "Now what?"

wolfgang - "Flickery science man is back!"

wendy - "This apparition always has some sort of task he wants help with."

wx78 - "I'M NOT YOUR ASSISTANT OLD MAN"

wickerbottom - "Rather convenient of him to show up now that the hard work is done."

woodie - "Sounds like he could use our help, eh?"

wes - " "

maxwell - "Oh I'm sorry, were you saying something? I was too busy fighting for my life."

wigfrid - "'Twas my pleasure dispatching that beast."

webber - "Hi Mister, do you have any games we can play instead?"

winona - "Er, will I be gettin' overtime for this?"

warly - "Monsieur, I aim to please."

wortox - "Shall I assist with his to-do list?"

wormwood - "Need help?"

wurt - "Weird scale-less is back!"

walter - "Maybe this is my chance to earn my Helping the Elderly Badge!"

wanda - "Do you think I have all the time in the world for your schemes?"

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Spooky 1

53 minutes ago, Evelo said:

It is time to fill the world with Saladmander friends!

If I ever find the !@#$ing Lunar Island on this world, I'll totally try that. Instead, I went entirely the wrong way around the mega-continent and found Pearl's island instead. (No, I did not do part of Furniture Quest: 2023 while there; I was still trying to get somewhere else). I found the Celestial Orb fairly early on so I was like "Oh, I'll just go get some lunar materials then, so I can craft stuff properly with it!" and...ended up almost falling off the world. lol. :P

Spoiler

Also I'm playing as Charlie in this one, so those topics about Shadow vs. Lunar alignment +that, kinda amuses me that the Queen of Shadows will be my first character to properly get into making Lunar stuff. Hee.

...Notorious

• Spooky 2

4 hours ago, BezKa said:

Is the art event in plans?

I had a blast doing the art submission last year. Fun fact I really only starting using the Forums because of the event. The only reason I created an account was to get help with my mod, but ended up using it for the competition. I hope it happens, but I could see why it wouldn't.

• Spooky 2

11 minutes ago, Squidyfoo said:

I had a blast doing the art submission last year. Fun fact I really only starting using the Forums because of the event. The only reason I created an account was to get help with my mod, but ended up using it for the competition. I hope it happens, but I could see why it wouldn't.

We won't be doing the art submission event this year. There are very few genuine submissions and a lot of stolen or AI art even after we dropped the art requirement to get the item. So this year we are just giving people the furniture set.

• Like 12
  • Spool 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • Sad Dupe 18
  • Spooky 4

I kinda liked the 2020 one, where we were supposed to make something Halloweeny in game and have a sign somewhere saying "Hallowed Nights Klei 2020". That was fun.

kleihalloween2020.thumb.png.f95ba581d0c5d39379ca1ea3cf858636.png

(Or, well, "Klei Halloween 2020", rather. Whoops.) I did use mods for this, but building it right on a graveyard with a built-in spooky ghost friend, THAT came from the game itself. :) (Also those lamps are straight out of the Gorge, so they're technically still DST artwork.)

And I liked my reward--a full Hallowed Nights costume:

my2020halloweenreward.png.5616c1c9733ff13c014ff5f26ac393ac.png

That one was fun, it encouraged creativity, and it kinda went along with that whole "Let's Distract Ourselves With A Building Challenge Because We're Bored To Death In Lockdown!" thread on the forums--even though that was made by a totally different person. But it all went together well. :)

BUT, I'm always down for totally free stuff, lol.
(Now if I could only build any version of the furniture at all in the first place...)

...Notorious

• Spooky 4

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

We won't be doing the art submission event this year. There are very few genuine submissions and a lot of stolen or AI art even after we dropped the art requirement to get the item. So this year we are just giving people the furniture set.

Honestly really depressing to read, shame people had to ruin the event

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • Spooky 2

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

We won't be doing the art submission event this year.

Oh, come on! And this is when I finally prepared something... Oh well. I suppose I can just show it anyway. It's so sad that some people only think about personal gain by any means instead of sharing creativity and having fun with the community.

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.9d0d697cc15ec6f44a467eb7e1f62343.png

• Like 14
  • Health 2
  • Spooky 3

25 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

This is so so good

Thanks! These two and all their little interactions are so cute, and this particular idea stuck with me for a long time. Sure, skins aren't technically canon, but the comparison makes much more sense when she's actually wearing pink and green, haha.

• Like 1
  • Spooky 2

7 hours ago, JoeW said:

If it was more trouble than it was worth, that's very fair. Shame some people gotta ruin it for everybody.

Thanks for the events we got, and the furniture skins this year!

• Like 1

New Skins are dope (and free wooo!). Was really hoping for some very minimal new additions like just a new potion or two or something but totally understand given how the recent updates how that was unlikely and probably a little much to expect.

Sad theres no proper art thingo this year because people ruined it in previous years..

• Spooky 2

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

that's quite sad... it was fun while it lasted.. damn IAs :'(

• Sad Dupe 1