Hallowed Nights Returns!

On 10/26/2023 at 3:40 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Yay, Hallowed Nights! Now I just have to...get back from my sea voyage, so I can interact with it.

offtheedge.thumb.png.6bf4e48f92b4fc90b180be335d9518c7.png

...but that might take a while. XD

...Notorious

Carry on, my wayward kid

E'en if candy's not for Wigfrid

Wand'ring spirits yearn for rest

Ghoulish tricks in store...

With the little ones out searching for candy

The restless Valkyrie would make herself handy

She set sail to Lunar Island

There, where dead may not mean gone

Against crystal hordes, her honor won't falter

E'en if she must draw her spear against Alter

The veil is thin with ghostly screaming

But Valhalla has to wait for you!

Carry on my wayward kid

E'en if candy's not for Wigfrid

Wand'ring spirits yearn for rest

Ghoulish tricks in store!

EDIT: Annnnnd I just realized that's Charlie, not Wigfrid. In my defense, I was on mobile and working from memory

Edited by meowcatmeowkitt
  • Spooky 3

On 10/27/2023 at 2:44 AM, JoeW said:

We won't be doing the art submission event this year. There are very few genuine submissions and a lot of stolen or AI art even after we dropped the art requirement to get the item. So this year we are just giving people the furniture set.

Where Hallowed Nights Collection skin for Wanda? I've been waiting for this for two years...

• Spooky 2

52 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Does anyone else want to talk about the “Beta” that’s coming at the end of November? That will release in December or well AKA-

The Last DST Update of 2023?

From the initial roadmap, it seems like it'd be a new skill spotlight... But they also said they were going to update the roadmap.. But they also didn't update the roadmap...

So I don't really know.

We're almost certainly finishing the merrymaker collection (Merrymaker Wendy and Wortox Yayyyy)

I think this being the last update of 2023 is all but certain. If it IS another skill tree, I think Walter, Willow and Winona need it most. Although I personally hope its something like Wanda, Wendy and Maxwell, just bc I want those 3 in a short together and they all have potential for interesting upgrades.

If not though, discussion gets a lot more interesting. It's not unreasonable to assume that they don't want to leave the rift arc in an unbalanced state, so we could also see some responding escalation from Charlie. Nightmare-ified bosses is the most obvious addition, but I don't think Shadow-aligned is anywhere near as desperate for enemy diversity as Lunar, so we'll probably see something different. Instead, I think a second Nightmare-aligned biome that's only available when rifts are active, as a counterpart to the lunar grotto would be interesting.

As for endgame items, I could see a moving lantern type item, sort of like a starcaller staff that follows you, a weapon that has a built in mini teleport, and an Item that creates a permanent night/darkness in an area.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WenericMember said:

From the initial roadmap, it seems like it'd be a new skill spotlight... But they also said they were going to update the roadmap.. But they also didn't update the roadmap...

So I don't really know.

We're almost certainly finishing the merrymaker collection (Merrymaker Wendy and Wortox Yayyyy)

I think this being the last update of 2023 is all but certain. If it IS another skill tree, I think Walter, Willow and Winona need it most. Although I personally hope its something like Wanda, Wendy and Maxwell, just bc I want those 3 in a short together and they all have potential for interesting upgrades.

If not though, discussion gets a lot more interesting. It's not unreasonable to assume that they don't want to leave the rift arc in an unbalanced state, so we could also see some responding escalation from Charlie. Nightmare-ified bosses is the most obvious addition, but I don't think Shadow-aligned is anywhere near as desperate for enemy diversity as Lunar, so we'll probably see something different. Instead, I think a second Nightmare-aligned biome that's only available when rifts are active, as a counterpart to the lunar grotto would be interesting.

As for endgame items, I could see a moving lantern type item, sort of like a starcaller staff that follows you, a weapon that has a built in mini teleport, and an Item that creates a permanent night/darkness in an area.

Adding on to this I imagine Host of Horrors was originally supposed to have both Shadow and Lunar content, but was changed at some point. That  would have put the amount of content in each rift roughly equal going into the new year (as it stands now, Wormwood is exclusively lunar, and Lunar has one additional content update dedicated to it), while still maintaining three updates. Then the new content update in December was originally more skill trees, but that may have been pushed back as a result.

On 10/30/2023 at 3:09 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Does anyone else want to talk about the “Beta” that’s coming at the end of November? That will release in December or well AKA-

The Last DST Update of 2023?

Thinking about it more I think it'll probably be a combo update with Winters Feast & A skill Spotlight.

Not sure what it'll add but it could help narrow down the possibilities for featured characters. Have they ever added multiple skin sets for a character in a single update?

If not that could knock out Wendy, Webber, Wortox, Warly and Walter for candidates to get skill spotlight, as they're almost certainly all getting merrymaker skins, and they'd presumably also be getting archaic skins.

Edited by WenericMember