Klei, how long are you going to try to ruin my base? And other suggestions

2 hours ago, _zwb said:

Ugh, not this argument again, I've already explained to you in another thread, it's not "outdated game engine" problem, it's the hardware limitations of your device problem.

So that your device don't burst into flames trying to simulate thousands of entities at once, plus the player can't even interact with objects that far away from them.

That's not how computers work... Impossible things don't just become possible naturally

This is already in the game: meteor shower.

Making wildfire go on off screen is a bad idea though, first off fire doesn't spread off screen, so you'd just find randomly burnt objects around the map. There's also no counter play that works off screen as well, so this would be a unstoppable force just burning your stuff randomly, not fair at all. If fire spread and flingomatics are made to be constantly loaded, the game would face some serious optimisation issues, literally unplayable.

You know those items are off loaded as well right?

Honestly Mike your lack of knowledge on how computers and game simulation work is just :wilson_facepalm:

We're all just slowly taking chip damage from Mike :( 

6 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

The issue is that you want to force people to either do something on repeat for thousands of days or not interact with a year + of content updates in the future which doesn't seem like there is a good option to choose.

I would really want to see klei share some stats on how many people actually want these destructive or repetitive mechanics because you are similar to megabasers, there's not that many players that want that and majority will always be new or average players that don't play DST over 1 hour a day every few days.

The difference between you and me is that your ideas want to force me to play the way you do while my playstyle doesn't affect you, that's why my playstyle is more valid. It is completely fair and logical, when have you been forced to build a megabase? How can you not see the difference?

So my argument is bad because you feel forced to do optional content but your argument is sound because removing content somehow doesn't affect me? Do you realize how baffling that is? Preventing content from being has a much higher impact that you choosing to do optional content in one scenario both sides can play the way they want to in the other you take from one side to suit your own ends.

These arguments are literally so desperate and make no sense, why should I be forced to play single player and never play on a pub that is moderated just because someone can activate rifts that I can't disable? Klei didn't want to add DLCs because they would split the playerbase but is this any different?

This is a multiplayer game and the point is that you can't stop other players from activating rifts or turn them off after.

As per usual your stance is why should I compromise your should my enjoyment is top priority who cares if other people need to compromise for your own personal enjoyment afterall yours is the valid way to play right? Can't have content that goes against how you specifically want to play because your in charge I guess?

Like I said you can literally modify world settings and make your game so much more difficult to survive, cut on everything beneficial and increase every danger. That's literally the same as you saying I can just not turn rifts off.

Really please show me the setting that introduces new survival content oh wait it doesn't exist but you know what? You could alter the settings to remove the new content shocking how that works isn't  it?

Obviously most of the survival players play like that and reset after they kill everything that they want and have abundance of food, you can't really make an argument that game becomes difficult the longer you play as it is completely the opposite.

You are an exception if you play like that and if you are going to tell me to pull out stats it would be disingenuous when no one has them and everyone has access to play on all the pubs and you can literally see most survival players play like I said.

Yep you clearly have the data to prove that but what can I expect from the person who was saying that survival players don't build a base, want a hellscape where things are exploding all the time, don't buy skins or use skins, and that Klei should ignore survival players because only the megabaser playerbase matters don't seem like you care for facts or realism in your arguments so what should I expect?

The issue is that you are replying to me and saying these things, so you are also spreading misinformation and should fact check or don't mention me when you say that.

So specifically saying in both posts that it wasn't just aimed at your wasn't enough I mean you were also included I wasn't saying you weren't but I did want to clarify that you weren't the only one doing so.

It is quite funny and he still is trying to convince me in some way that dreadstone pillars are actually useful to him a survival player

Really now could you quote where that happened in this thread may have slipped my mind and no me explaining how the pillars debate went down when you lied isn't me trying to convince you.

6 hours ago, cropo said:

They're trying to argue that megabasers are ''holding back'' the potential scope of what Klei can do. Like they're in their office thinking ''Lets add this unique, fun, interesting, and challenging mech- Oh wait, it destroys bases so we can't do it, lets just give everyone free candy to decorate their base with." Using this logic they argue your playstyle DOES affect them, by limiting how much Klei can add to the difficulty.

Which would make sense if any of these mechanics they defend were balanced more fairly or actually had some kind of genuine challenge to them. Even without the megabaser angle a lot of the content they were defending isn't really challenging in a way that makes the game fun and more survival-focused. Which is an issue I have with the staunch support for them.

This arguement comes up so often I gotta wonder if a mechanic has to be litteral hell before you all stop saying x or y isn't challenging if Klei did make hail 1 shot you through armor would it sudden be good enough for you?

So he wants the game not to have permanent pillars just to spite megabasers as there is literally no other answer.

Yep definitely you not pulling numbers out of thin air again just here to spite you apparently much like your arguments are only to spite anyone looking for survival content I guess.

It is not about making your previous ideas a point of ridicule but to show how extreme some of your opinions are and shouldn't be taken as seriously when it comes to game development.

So you mean like your extreme opinion of allowing players to lock items and gear away behind a player owned storage system that only that player can access? Guess we should disregard all your posts from here on out eh? To me it seems like a better choice to focus on the topic at hand but apparently this is proper and healthy discussion so...

Edit: Now that I think more about it this conversation isn't really contributing to the beta in any real form so I'll probably stop with this.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The shortest TL:DR I’ve ever made, Klei added craftable items & structures to deal with the weather hazards. Running away from an area so it offloads wasn’t ever one of the things they intended to be one of them.

Those tools still accomplish what they're meant to, even with map offloading, though.

If you're forced to flee from your base during the day time in order to offload it, you are already handicapping yourself because, you know, you can't use your entire base for 80% of every summer day. Flingos allow you to continue to work around your structures safely instead of abandoning things, and keeps your crops from withering, too.

This is something that always annoys me in these forums. People will isolate very specific in-game mechanics to determine it's "OP-ness" without regard to any surrounding context. Can you offload a base to preserve it? Yes, but then you're unable to use it. Can you run away from hounds forever to avoid getting hit? Yes, but then you can't stop to craft, eat, place a campfire, etc...

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

So my argument is bad because you feel forced to do optional content but your argument is sound because removing content somehow doesn't affect me? Do you realize how baffling that is? Preventing content from being has a much higher impact that you choosing to do optional content in one scenario both sides can play the way they want to in the other you take from one side to suit your own ends.

Wait, clarify "optional content" for me, please. Are you saying the rifts are optional content because they can be turned off? Would you call, summer, winter, and spring seasons optional content, too, because they can also be turned off? Is the entire game itself just optional content??

4 hours ago, Uedo said:

We're all just slowly taking chip damage from Mike :( 

Understand me VERY CLEARLY, I do not want your base to spontaneously explode like someone laced it in gas cans threw c4 on it and then slowly walked away looking back at the explosion like they’re in a Michael Bay action movie.. I plain and simply want the game to challenge me in more ways BEYOND just my personal Status Bars.

And that seems to be the only solution megabasers care to come up with: Make Lunar Hail only damage the Player. *Yawn*

Im personally not a fan of adding new mobs and weather hazards to the game, but at the exact same time adding permanent solutions to dealing with them.

Players shouldn’t be able to just “trick” Brightshades into spawning where they want them to, we shouldn’t have “Plant-Be-Gone” 

You’re taking the games challenges, and you’re making them damn near non-existent.

I actually DONT want your base destroyed every 10 seconds, but if I can add materials to Pearls house to upgrade it, the florid Postern to upgrade it, broken stone walls to repair them, I’m sure every other structure can have smaller repairs.

If Klei made something like a Tent Canopy to store penned animals in that used Torn Tatters or whatever the those scraps of cloth you get from killing Ink Blight Trio is called- But that tent needed to occasionally be repaired by adding a cloth or two to it- that would allow megabasers to have their cute animal pens… without completely INSULTING those of us who don’t want every single challenge in the game to have a permanent solution to it.

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Understand me VERY CLEARLY, I do not want your base to spontaneously explode like someone laced it in gas cans threw c4 on it and then slowly walked away looking back at the explosion like they’re in a Michael Bay action movie.. I plain and simply want the game to challenge me in more ways BEYOND just my personal Status Bars.

And that seems to be the only solution megabasers care to come up with: Make Lunar Hail only damage the Player. *Yawn*

Im personally not a fan of adding new mobs and weather hazards to the game, but at the exact same time adding permanent solutions to dealing with them.

Players shouldn’t be able to just “trick” Brightshades into spawning where they want them to, we shouldn’t have “Plant-Be-Gone” 

You’re taking the games challenges, and you’re making them damn near non-existent.

I actually DONT want your base destroyed every 10 seconds, but if I can add materials to Pearls house to upgrade it, the florid Postern to upgrade it, broken stone walls to repair them, I’m sure every other structure can have smaller repairs.

If Klei made something like a Tent Canopy to store penned animals in that used Torn Tatters or whatever the those scraps of cloth you get from killing Ink Blight Trio is called- But that tent needed to occasionally be repaired by adding a cloth or two to it- that would allow megabasers to have their cute animal pens… without completely INSULTING those of us who don’t want every single challenge in the game to have a permanent solution to it.

This crazy hyperbolic, yo, wack homie.

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

without completely INSULTING those of us who don’t want every single challenge in the game to have a permanent solution to it.

Is lunar hail of any survival challenge? It's certainly not. Would you die to earthquake debris but on the surface? Why give "megabasers" such annoyance and tedium when it's not a survival challenge hence not insulting yous in the first place?

26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I actually DONT want your base destroyed every 10 seconds,

But you can't stop advocating addition of more unstoppable base destruction elements and removal of existing permanent solutions to non-survival-challenging base destruction.

1 hour ago, cybers2001 said:

Wait, clarify "optional content" for me, please. Are you saying the rifts are optional content because they can be turned off? Would you call, summer, winter, and spring seasons optional content, too, because they can also be turned off? Is the entire game itself just optional content??

Content you can take steps to not engage with you have other options than just turning it off just as you have options to prevent griefers that aside are you really about to tell me content you can turn off isn't considered optional? Isn't that the very definition of optional content?

1 minute ago, _zwb said:

Is lunar hail of any survival challenge? It's certainly not. Would you die to earthquake debris but on the surface? Why give "megabasers" such annoyance and tedium when it's not a survival challenge hence not insulting yous in the first place?

But you can't stop advocating addition of more unstoppable base destruction elements and removal of existing permanent solutions to non-survival-challenging base destruction.

Let me put it this way, players have been capturing.. and putting inside of a pen a creature that Only ever spawns into the game if you chase down a hunt trail to find it, yet we as players have no actual idea what Klei’s full intent for that mob is.

I have this unavoidable feeling that when your penned up Koalephants evolve into a less peaceful variant you guys will be right back here on the forums complaining about it.

I made the mistake of making a Pigman city once… then on Day 11 they all turned into Werepigs and proceeded to rip my face off..

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Literally the entire game is, challenges and how to overcome them and in many cases how to eventually turn them into benefits instead. You don't understand the game as a whole.

Also the game clearly does challenge you plenty already based on many posts you have made before about not being able to beat certain content or using extremely inefficient ways to overcome things and complaining about them then refusing to take tips or advice. You never want to overcome things in the various ways we actually have, you want to do so in ways that don't really exist but you think should. Half the time you want DST to be the ultimate sandbox game where you can tackle any threat in absolutely any manner and don't have to actually learn the most eggicient ways to overcome things and the other half you want threats that cannot be avoided in any meaningful way, make up your mind. 

You self contradict, constantly flip flop, spread misinformation, compare the game to every other game in existence, ask for additions literally no one else wants, bring up random unrelated stuff like marvel, batman and some dinosaur game endlessly and just generally create arguments and chaos that you never ever back down from regardless of the situation.

Take a break from the game and/or forums because you're clearly not happy with it or the direction it has literally always been going in since day one. There has always been an answer or multiple answers to overcome everything. This isn't some hard core game that is actually utterly unforgiving with completely unavoidable and non- combatative threats. Honestly I'm not sure any video game is as that would make zero sense, a core component of all games is progression. Even souls Bourne style games eventually have a point where your gear and more importantly skill level allows you to beat everything, that or they're difficult to a point that only some people are capable of doing so but DST isn't one of those games and won't ever be. Some people take unforgiving in the games description WAY too literally and seriously, it isn't even close to the ACTUAL difficult games I've played before like Cuphead, Hollow Knight etc, THOSE are unforgiving, DST honestly really isn't. It just has a very steep learning curve.

We all know you rarely if ever commit to actual long term worlds and just constantly start new ones and are focused predominantly on the early to mid game which is totally fair and your choice but you always have plenty to say about late game mechanics and interactions and how you think they should work. If you rarely play late game you really shouldn't have so much to say and such strong opinions about it. 

Just stop Mike, there isn't going to be some day that we're all like, you know what he was right about everything all along Klei should add skins for every Marvel character, take every single aspect he personally likes from every other game he's played and cram them into dst and make literally every single possible world toggle or setting that could possibly ever be thought of by anyone to the point that each Player is basically making their own unique game and include it until the game is basically unplayable on anything but the worlds most powerful gaming rig pc that barely anyone owns and consoles could never ever support.

28 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

yet we as players have no actual idea what Klei’s full intent for that mob is.

This video by OrangE explained it quite well, it's meant to encourage exploration so you could live longer. However it's never forbidden to not not kill it and keep as a pet.

28 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

penned up Koalephants evolve into a less peaceful variant

First off, this wouldn't make sense, domesticated animals are usually more tamed than wild animals.

Also of course people would be triggered, it's been passive for a decade only now you make it aggressive?

Also I have 0 idea what are you trying to say here, please make clear statements like "A should be B" or give a bit more explanation

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Let me put it this way, players have been capturing.. and putting inside of a pen a creature that Only ever spawns into the game if you chase down a hunt trail to find it, yet we as players have no actual idea what Klei’s full intent for that mob is.

I have this unavoidable feeling that when your penned up Koalephants evolve into a less peaceful variant you guys will be right back here on the forums complaining about it.

I made the mistake of making a Pigman city once… then on Day 11 they all turned into Werepigs and proceeded to rip my face off..

So far we know exactly how Koalafants work and the intent Klei have had thus far.

I really doubt that many players keep koalafants in small pens just for their poop or for decoration, they're either in massive pens for poops (extremely inefficient anyway, much better ways to get manure) or people just fill their worlds with them to make it more alive. Even if plenty of people do keep them in small pens when they can transform its not going to be like you think. I'm pretty damn sure their Lunar mutant forms will be manageable and I'm guessing will very likely only be a thing if you kill them and let them get possessed just like the three new Lunar bosses so anyone who still wants to keep tame normal ones or keep them in small pens will be able to. You're acting like every koalafant in every world will just transform as soon as the update that allows them to drops, has that happened with any other Lunar variant mob yet?? No.. they will remain normal unless you kill them and let them transform, hell you'll probably even be able to stop the transformation like you can with every other transformation so far by burning the corpse as well.

I have plenty of pig villages and so do many other players.. werepigs are extremely easy to avoid, trap and kill. It's easy to stop them causing destruction and they don't just cause utter chaos like you seem to be saying if you know what you're doing. As usual you don't know advanced tactics and tricks so something that is a non-threat or even benefit to others (were pig farms are insanely good for food) to you seems like a difficult or unforgiving challenge... my god... learn the actual intricacies and deeper mechanics of the game before always having such a strong opinions on them.. 

4 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

has that happened with any other Lunar variant mob yet??

*With anything ever retrofitting is a strange thing in dst some people still have the old wicker books and after the maxwell rework i still had the old shadows

10 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

So far we know exactly how Koalafants work and the intent Klei have had thus far.

I really doubt that many players keep koalafants in small pens just for their poop or for decoration, they're either in massive pens for poops (extremely inefficient anyway, much better ways to get manure) or people just fill their worlds with them to make it more alive. Even if plenty of people do keep them in small pens when they can transform its not going to be like you think. I'm pretty damn sure their Lunar mutant forms will be manageable and I'm guessing will very likely only be a thing if you kill them and let them get possessed just like the three new Lunar bosses so anyone who still wants to keep tame normal ones or keep them in small pens will be able to. You're acting like every koalafant in every world will just transform as soon as the update that allows them to drops, has that happened with any other Lunar variant mob yet?? No.. they will remain normal unless you kill them and let them transform, hell you'll probably even be able to stop the transformation like you can with every other transformation so far by burning the corpse as well.

I have plenty of pig villages and so do many other players.. werepigs are extremely easy to avoid, trap and kill. It's easy to stop them causing destruction and they don't just cause utter chaos like you seem to be saying if you know what you're doing. As usual you don't know advanced tactics and tricks so something that is a non-threat or even benefit to others (were pig farms are insanely good for food) to you seems like a difficult or unforgiving challenge... my god... learn the actual intricacies and deeper mechanics of the game before always having such a strong opinions on them.. 

if you don’t like my opinions, or what I’d like for the game to be able to do.. why in the blue blazing hell do you ever comment on my opinions? Why don’t you do yourself a favor and block my posts so you don’t have to see them anymore?

Meanwhile: I’ll keep trying to advocate for Klei to add some actual weather hazards that are going to effect me, the world around me, it’s mobs, and it’s resources, that i am willing to accept being turned OFF on your default precious settings, that players can optionally OPT INTO If their actually into that sort of thing.

You and 90% of these forums admitted to toggling off Wildfires & Disease, even going so far as to get the later completely removed from the game.

Disease may not have been the GREATEST Thing on earth but it did provide extra challenge in that one way or another.. my world was going to eventually start running dry of resources and reach its inevitable end.

I plain and simply want the game to challenge me in more ways BEYOND just my personal Status Bars.

1-  And what are those "status bars" since I see no pattern  between you saying something is good or bad for the game unless it completely blows up structures or every single resource that has ever existed, I know for sure you love those.

2- You can't even deal with regular earthquakes, I am sure earthquakes 2 but more dangerous will go right up your alley.

3- Usually when something is added against the player something else is added to help the players go against it.

4- You don't even like brightshades.

5- I am sure hail hitting my nog is somewhat existent.

6- You already admitted you want the entire world to burn by first summer, do you have any idea how many structures there are? It would take ages to repair everything.

7- Funny, that was one of the solutions people pitched here but it seems you're dead on set that we want hail removed rather than have a solution or make mobs not damaged by hail.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

if you don’t like my opinions, or what I’d like for the game to be able to do.. why in the blue blazing hell do you ever comment on my opinions? Why don’t you do yourself a favor and block my posts so you don’t have to see them anymore?

Meanwhile: I’ll keep trying to advocate for Klei to add some actual weather hazards that are going to effect me, the world around me, it’s mobs, and it’s resources, that i am willing to accept being turned OFF on your default precious settings, that players can optionally OPT INTO If their actually into that sort of thing.

You and 90% of these forums admitted to toggling off Wildfires & Disease, even going so far as to get the later completely removed from the game.

Disease may not have been the GREATEST Thing on earth but it did provide extra challenge in that one way or another.. my world was going to eventually start running dry of resources and reach its inevitable end.

8- I don't want klei thinking no one is against nuclear warfare simulator.

9- You just said you do not want new weather hazards.

10- Yes because they are bad mechanics.

11- See point 1.

Why don’t you do yourself a favor and block my posts so you don’t have to see them anymore?

How do you block someone on the forums? I wouldn't block you though, sometimes your takes are absurd in a funny way:devilish:

as to get the later completely removed from the game.

I doubt there's causality between players disabling it and Klei removing it.

my world was going to eventually start running dry of resources and reach its inevitable end.

Which contradicts the sustainable theme of DST and the game mechanics that support it, that's why it needed to be removed.

58 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

*With anything ever retrofitting is a strange thing in dst some people still have the old wicker books and after the maxwell rework i still had the old shadows

True but I doubt anyone's going to cop hoardes of rampaging aggro Lunar koalas without them dying and transforming first,  just completely messing up their worlds. Would also be pretty funny (but would also feel bad for the Player) to see this not gonna lie. 

At least penned koalas serve far less purpose or benefits than almost any other mob. Not that this would make them no longer being tameable/pets in pens any better but it's something at least.

I have an entire biome filled with a frankly ridiculous amount of koalafants and it'll be pretty upsetting if it just instantly turns into a death zone filled with ferocious beasts. I really doubt that will be the case though.

If that honestly happens then as sad as it will be I'll clear them out and fill it with other wildlife instead. They don't serve as much purpose as my grass geckos and gators, pigs, bunnymen, catcoons etc.

Would still be super lame to not really be able to use them as decoration/passive mobs anymore but wouldn't be as upsetting as it happening to other mobs, for me personally at least. I'm sure others would be very upset.

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When a toggle is introduced it is On by default. It would be weird to go from Opt out to Opt in and would create inconsistencies for players, especially newer ones.

Maybe there's a bit of confusion, but @Mike23Ua. Can you name a single threat that doesn't have a permanent solution currently - I assure you there was always 1 or 2 permanent solutions to overthing; You can even avoid Bearger and Deerclops completely just by living on Lunar Island, Wildfires are solvable by flingos and/or Lureplants (canopies if you wanted to). 

Maybe you've never been aware but there has always been ways to deal with the mechanics of everything. Most of the time permanently. I've seen you praise rain and say that lightning still provides that because you can get hit whilst holding an umbrella.... dude the Eyebrella protects you from that.... It's like you're missing info here.

55 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I too want to give feedback to Klei and other players and sometimes that's in the form of disagreeing with others (predominantly you) because I think certain suggestions and feedback will damage and not improve the game. 

I actually have haha but these forums don't quite work like many others and just actually not make your stuff visible whatsoever there's still a little bar that allows me to click it every time and view them anyway and I have poor impulse control, want to see what you've said next and again want to defend this game I really enjoy from what I think are poor suggestions and takes. 

If need be you keep doing you but I'm going to do the same and keep replying to your comments when I think they're whack. I don't play on default settings at all BTW like not even close, I turn up certain threats, mobs etc and turn off/down certain things I don't find challenging or fun but rather annoying. I have almost all bosses turned up so they appear or respawn faster or more often, wildfires and earthquakes (ever since they introduced the new rift ones, I used to always have them on and I actually REALLY miss non-boulder spawning earthquakes that just drop debris and mobs, god do I want them back..) off, most mobs both friendly and hostile set to more so they respawn faster and/or there are more of them to make the constant feel more alive, I have every season set to longer in my main world as I just prefer that for various reasons, hound waves to low because I find them more disruptive and annoying than actually challenging and much more. I very much make a lot of use out of world settings just like you actually. 

I want new weather hazards too, just not overly destructive ones that add artificial challenges but ones that provide cool new unique challenges and rewards and have ways to overcome them. Ive very recently suggested stuff like snowdrifts during winter impeding movement and making certain structures far less efficient while active and heatwaves that highly increase spoilage timers and make food extremely difficult and scarce. 

I don't mind wildfires in pubs or shorter term worlds but yeah I turn them off in my main world mainly because of the possibility of the whole slightly off-screen unavoidable smouldering issue. If they could only start quite close to you I'd leave them on more often but I've been burned in the past with them starting in a corner of the screen you can't see and not even being aware of them and losing unrenewable resources like catcoon stumps in the process. Because I generally stick with worlds for the long haul that is no bueno to me. I also don't like to cover a long term world with ugly and not foolproof flingos absolutely everywhere. I have nothing against those who play with them I just highly enjoy that I can toggle them off. If I couldn't I'd cave base basically every summer instead.

Disease was an absolutely garbage mechanic in every single aspect. Klei evidently recognised that hence it being utterly removed and not simply a toggle option instead like it once was.

Yeah plenty of people don't want a world to simply meet an unavoidable end, this game very much allows you to play a world basically indefinitely if you so choose. Again disease was just straight garbage.

51 minutes ago, CuteC said:

1-  And what are those "status bars" since I see no pattern  between you saying something is good or bad for the game unless it completely blows up structures or every single resource that has ever existed, I know for sure you love those.

2- You can't even deal with regular earthquakes, I am sure earthquakes 2 but more dangerous will go right up your alley.

3- Usually when something is added against the player something else is added to help the players go against it.

4- You don't even like brightshades.

5- I am sure hail hitting my nog is somewhat existent.

6- You already admitted you want the entire world to burn by first summer, do you have any idea how many structures there are? It would take ages to repair everything.

7- Funny, that was one of the solutions people pitched here but it seems you're dead on set that we want hail removed rather than have a solution or make mobs not damaged by hail.

8- I don't want klei thinking no one is against nuclear warfare simulator.

9- You just said you do not want new weather hazards.

10- Yes because they are bad mechanics.

11- See point 1.

I dont understand your post, and I’ve reread it like 10 times now.

1- Having new gameplay mechanics ONLY effect the player by adding a new stat bar to their top right corner makes it no different from Health, Hunger, Sanity, Wetness. Even in Solo Don’t Starve Hamlets weather seasons did more than just add a boring self stat bar for you to maintain- Strong Winds blew stuff off the map never to be seen again. Normally peaceful mobs go batsh** crazy and try to murder you lucious season etc.. even in just the 4 Default seasons, Peaceful bees become angry in spring, Beefalo go into mating season etc…

So yes, having new challenges only effect your personal status bar = Boring AF.

2- I have no idea where you get your false information from but I actually don’t mind and even enjoy earthquakes, Antlion sinkholes, Rift Quakes, Acid Rain, etc… 

3- Not everything has always had a permanent solution.. you couldn’t just “prevent” stuff from blowing away in strong winds, and you couldn’t make Pogs go back to being peaceful little bouncy critters once they caught rabbies & went hostile.

4- again false information, I freaking LOVE Brightshades, they’re my favorite mob Klei has added to the game since Turn of Tides, because they actually shake up the core gameplay by spawning into areas I’ve grown overly familiar with, and killing mobs, or trolling resources, I’ve even been killed by Brightshades while I wander around in a dark forest at night simply because I didn’t expect them to be hiding in the forest. It adds a new layer of fun & unpredictability to the games same old tiresome formula.

the only thing I DISLIKE about Brightshades is how quickly they respawn right back into the same location you just killed them in a few seconds ago.

5- hail hitting you in the head is no different and no more unique then being in a cave when debris falls from the ceiling, just put on protective head gear and your good as gold. At least with cave quakes mobs and resources fall occasionally such as rabbit, Moleworm or even gems.

6- I don’t want the entire world to burn, we have several ways of dealing with wildfires, and more continue to get added.. the one way that we SHOULDN’T be able to deal with them though is by offloading the map so nothing bad ever happens in the area your not loaded into.

7- your “Solution” is to make the hail ONLY damage the player, which at that point… what makes it any more different or unique from winter freezing or summer overheating?

8- Klei is aware not everyone wants nuclear warfare simulator, but Klei is also aware.. (or should be made aware..) that some people actually do LIKE for some challenges to do more than just effect their personal stat bars. And before we nerf or remove the current implementation of Lunar Hailstorms.. perhaps Klei should add some additional world Gen options so players can choose if it is actually dangerous to the world or just your boring personal health bars.

(aka Hail: Default, Hail: Hazardous!)

Everyones happy.. and no one gets content cut or Nerfed into oblivion.

9- Omg man… I’ve been advocating for DST to get Shipwrecked and Hamlet BECAUSE I want the 12 total weather season hazards to all pose a challenge to me, I have no idea where you get the idea I don’t want new weather challenges… what I DON’T WANT is for weather challenges to ONLY effect my personal Status bars, I want them to impact the world and the mobs around me.

10- rather you feel Wildfires are a bad mechanic or not is irrelevant, Klei added a world Gen option so if players who actually enjoy them want more of them they can set them to happen “Lots More Often”

So as you can clearly see… turning them Off may be YOUR thing to do, but some people (like myself) actually enjoy leaving them on.

And every post I’ve made in this particular thread has been to highlight that exact fact- 90% of the forums turn OFF what they deem as a “bad mechanic” yet there are actual world settings to crank up the intensity of that so called “bad mechanic”

people are calling the LunarHail a bad mechanic, want it downgraded to be identical to overheating/freezing..

And the ONLY thing I’m trying to do before that happens is to get an optional world Gen setting to crank up their intensity.

27 minutes ago, Uedo said:

When a toggle is introduced it is On by default. It would be weird to go from Opt out to Opt in and would create inconsistencies for players, especially newer ones.

Maybe there's a bit of confusion, but @Mike23Ua. Can you name a single threat that doesn't have a permanent solution currently - I assure you there was always 1 or 2 permanent solutions to overthing; You can even avoid Bearger and Deerclops completely just by living on Lunar Island, Wildfires are solvable by flingos and/or Lureplants (canopies if you wanted to). 

Maybe you've never been aware but there has always been ways to deal with the mechanics of everything. Most of the time permanently. I've seen you praise rain and say that lightning still provides that because you can get hit whilst holding an umbrella.... dude the Eyebrella protects you from that.... It's like you're missing info here.

Name one thing that protects you or your structures from meteor showers besides simply not basing there. ONE structure or item and I’ll shut up.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not everything has always had a permanent solution.. you couldn’t just “prevent” stuff from blowing away in strong winds, and you couldn’t make Pogs go back to being peaceful little bouncy critters once they caught rabbies & went hostile.

False information that's from not only a different game (DS not DST) but a specific self contained DLC for that game 

. the one way that we SHOULDN’T be able to deal with them though is by offloading the map so nothing bad ever happens in the area your not loaded into.

You really just refuse to understand this concept at all hey? Just insane stubbornness. You keep saying you don't want the whole word to burn but just keep defending this concept that stuff not or your screen or anywhere near you should be susceptible to wildfires. How can you not connect the dots here?

what I DON’T WANT is for weather challenges to ONLY effect my personal Status bars, I want them to impact the world and the mobs around me.

They easily can without outright just killing mobs. Bees don't come out in Winter for example, certain seasons have longer dusk and night and shorter days so mobs who only appear at day are rarer/harder to actually utilise. Mobs could freeze or become more hostile to players (beefalo in spring). 

There are so many creative ways for mobs to be affected by seasons and weather.

Check this out: I don't want weather and seasons to just simply effect mobs personal Status Bars (heath) as that's boring AF, I want it to make them hungrier and more likely to steal your food drops, or make them sleepier or colder or actual interesting mechanics and interactions not just "they randomly die" but a real impact. See what I did there? 

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

people are calling the LunarHail a bad mechanic, want it downgraded to be identical to overheating/freezing..

It's still different..  the actual falling projectiles damage you and need to be dodged it doesn't change your temperature and cause a constant damage tick if you get too hot or cold

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:
44 minutes ago, Uedo said:

Name one thing that protects you or your structures from meteor showers besides simply not basing there. ONE structure or item and I’ll shut up.

Dayummm you found literally the only single thing in the entire game with no answer or workaround wow. Guess it's lucky you can see meteors in meteor fields from day one and as you said simply not base there (that is an answer and workaround in of itself). 

Absolutely nothing forces you to base there and meteor fields can never move or expand ever.

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

2- I have no idea where you get your false information from but I actually don’t mind and even enjoy earthquakes, Antlion sinkholes, Rift Quakes, Acid Rain, etc… 

3- Not everything has always had a permanent solution.. you couldn’t just “prevent” stuff from blowing away in strong winds, and you couldn’t make Pogs go back to being peaceful little bouncy critters once they caught rabbies & went hostile.

5- hail hitting you in the head is no different and no more unique then being in a cave when debris falls from the ceiling, just put on protective head gear and your good as gold. At least with cave quakes mobs and resources fall occasionally such as rabbit, Moleworm or even gems.

6- I don’t want the entire world to burn, we have several ways of dealing with wildfires, and more continue to get added.. the one way that we SHOULDN’T be able to deal with them though is by offloading the map so nothing bad ever happens in the area your not loaded into.

9- Omg man… I’ve been advocating for DST to get Shipwrecked and Hamlet BECAUSE I want the 12 total weather season hazards to all pose a challenge to me, I have no idea where you get the idea I don’t want new weather challenges… what I DON’T WANT is for weather challenges to ONLY effect my personal Status bars, I want them to impact the world and the mobs around me.

10- rather you feel Wildfires are a bad mechanic or not is irrelevant, Klei added a world Gen option so if players who actually enjoy them want more of them they can set them to happen “Lots More Often”

And every post I’ve made in this particular thread has been to highlight that exact fact- 90% of the forums turn OFF what they deem as a “bad mechanic” yet there are actual world settings to crank up the intensity of that so called “bad mechanic”

And the ONLY thing I’m trying to do before that happens is to get an optional world Gen setting to crank up their intensity.

By "you can't deal with them" I mean you die to them, I don't doubt one bit you love anything that hinders you.

This is not ds.

But hail also hitting mobs which is the exact same as cave earthquakes is more unique?

Just, please for a second think about your suggestion about global wildfires, ignoring the fact it could explode your device, you do realize the first summer, everything would burn? You will NOT have enough resources by then to protect the entire world and going to caves will not solve anything because everything will STILL burn.

I get the idea you don't want new weather hazards because of you literally saying you do not like new weather hazards, you can see right there when I quoted you.

I feel they are a bad mechanic because they are one, fire spreads insanely fast in dst for some reason and this can happen outside your screen at times, for no reason, the consequences are absolutely catastrophic when it does.

If I remember correctly there were world settings for disease, don't tell me now disease was this greatly designed mechanic that came straight from the heavens.

Overheating and freezing is easy to manage and they are no problem given the right resources, hail can and will still damage you.

That last one is not directed to me but I want to say my part, meteors are a threat yes but their main purpose isn't being one but rather being renewable rocks and moon rocks, not a good source though and I still don't like that I cannot do anything with meteor fields other than go there for Klaus sometimes.

Sure, Can you answer my question first though please? No need to be rude :p

3 minutes ago, Uedo said:

Sure, Can you answer my question first though please? No need to be rude :p

I can't be bothered to wait, you asked if I could name one thing that protects you OR your structures right? Have you tried avoiding their shadows when they're falling? I do that and every time I do, well, they miss my character. 

Goodnight Mike :D

Archived