Klei, how long are you going to try to ruin my base? And other suggestions

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

DST is a suffering simulator depending on what world settings you have toggled on/off. If you’ve never played worlds that are locked to permanent 24/7 Summer with Wildfires toggled to happening more frequently, then you don’t really have any say in My personal experiences with the game. 

Then tbh Mike, would you be able to go ahead and delete 12.0k of your posts, cause you comment on everyone elses. 

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’ll reference whatever the hell I feel is extremely relevant at the time, and in this case Arkham Knight is an EXCELLENT example to compare to DST because… the First Two Arkham Games only featured content I loved, that being combat, stealth, & detective puzzles. But when the third game in the franchise came around they crammed the batmobile in your face in every area of the game it didn’t even belong in.. (including boss battles)

KLEI has done the same thing with the Dont Starve Franchise- I loved Solo DS and its DLCs for new global map wide challenges, seasons, weather hazards & mobs.

DST throws in a hundred different multiplayer group centric raid bosses and then locks the actual Global map changing content the part of the game I enjoy.. behind doing high health raid bosses I Don’t Enjoy.

Ah yes, I loved the detective puzzles in the swamp biome, I also love the stealth elements in the lunar grotto.

DST is a multiplayer game Michael, If you want to play a game with a focus on single player development, I suggest you play that version. 
You're in the wrong forums, Michael.

Edit: Michael

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

DST is a suffering simulator depending on what world settings you have toggled on/off

The game is difficult to play when it is toggled to hard mode, what a discovery! Well done Mike, well done.

If you’ve never played worlds that are locked to permanent 24/7 Summer with Wildfires toggled to happening more frequently, then you don’t really have any say in My personal experiences with the game.

Why is that? I can't judge you just because you've played summer only more wildfire world? And as pointed out as others, the same can be said to you: if you have never fought the Celestial Champion and the Ancient Fuelweaver alone then you don't really have any say in My personal experiences with the game. Is this logical and acceptable for you?

And it’s funny.. because of the various different things you can turn on/off, More/Less.. you have absolutely no idea what someone’s “PlayStyle” even is..

Generally speaking, we are discussing with all settings at default, unless specified otherwise. You could just ask for clarity if you're uncertain about their play style too.

Maybe some people enjoy Lights Out Mode, while others enjoy Wilderness settings- You don’t know.

Again, you can just ask. That's the point of communication, making vague things clear.

36 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Just kill the bosses mike you will have more fun than convincing yourself that basing in the metheor field is fun

You can try to maybe kill them overly prepared the first time then switch to other strategies or characters

I’ll kill the bosses if you can answer me one question. Besides obviously progressing the game & lore to a new point of fresh gameplay for the type of content I actually enjoy.., what other particular reason would I want to fight a boss who only drops items that make staying alive even easier in a game where I want to constantly be challenged to stay alive?

I’ll kill the bosses if you can answer me one question. Besides obviously progressing the game & lore to a new point of fresh gameplay for the type of content I actually enjoy.., what other particular reason would I want to fight a boss who only drops items that make staying alive even easier in a game where I want to constantly be challenged to stay alive?

Fine, I'll answer your question - But only if you can answer me one question. What bosses and what items that make staying alive even easier in a game where you want to constantly be challenged to stay alive(?), specifically, do you mean?

56 minutes ago, Maxposting said:

I didn't know Arkham Knight was a survival game...

It is, If you don't keep Batman fed he can die, I usually just use the celestial portal and play as Catwoman cause she gets buffed hunger values from milk. The only reason anyone plays Batman is for his unique item the Bat-bat(man).

2 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

Just kill the bosses mike you will have more fun than convincing yourself that basing in the metheor field is fun

You can try to maybe kill them overly prepared the first time then switch to other strategies or characters

Mike killing bosses? Impossible

they'll never do that because it's not the "intended" way of fighting them. They're "optional" and meant for "groups" and if they do it solo they'd just suffer. Oh wait that's what they want to experience in the game!

My brain hurts.

At this point, this is just an argument between several of you and Mike. To the point that you're disregarding what he is even trying to say and just picking on him because you disagree.  

Get back on topic or move on. Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But when the third game in the franchise came around they crammed the batmobile in your face in every area of the game it didn’t even belong in.. (including boss battles)

I played the Arkham games back in the day as well and also hated how much you had to use the batmobile in the third game. 

I don't think it's its a good comparison at all though, combat is a core component in DST and bosses have always been a thing in DST.

10 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I played the Arkham games back in the day as well and also hated how much you had to use the batmobile in the third game. 

I don't think it's its a good comparison at all though, combat is a core component in DST and bosses have always been a thing in DST.

I only used it as a reference to try & showcase how Don’t Starve, Shipwrecked & Hamlet did not have such a heavy focus on Boss fights. Yes they had a few bosses, but DST focuses too heavily on them & I feel like they should’ve never been the focal point of DST. I understand WHY Klei does it, they even admit in their roadmap (or somewhere..) that they had been designing content with group based challenges in mind.

I even have nothing Against the bosses themselves, when fought with a friend are two they can be quite fun! 

The only thing I truly dislike about bosses is how they can’t be scaled down based on lower player count, & how they are the focal point to getting to more of the type of content I enjoyed with Solo DS & it’s respective DLC expansions.

with Acid Rain & Lunar Hail it seems like Klei wants to add more to the core gameplay elements of the main open world, rather than just what we’ve been getting where you’ll go to a location, fight a boss one or two times or gather resources from an area then never bother going to that spot again.

Seems like (& I could be wrong..) that they want to focus on adding more content that’s going to ALWAYS challenge us, throughout all areas of the game.

Which by the way reminds me of the 2023 roadmap they said we would see both new late game, as well as early game content. But all 3 of the content updates focused entirely on the late game Rifts.

Theres nothing wrong with that.. BUT I’m just wondering if they were only referring to the Character Skill Trees when discussing new early game content, or if there was maybe a QoL update/Core gameplay enhancement coming that actually does change up the early game?

(Im still holding out hope for world Gen settings to start worlds broken apart into archipelagos)

On 9/30/2023 at 11:48 AM, GelatinousCube said:

Yeah so your entire argument on this matter was based on a misconception/mistake thinking they're infinite when they are not.

Also kind of nasty that you're so desperate for hail to damage them when you personally literally don't even use or utilize them, just wow.. 

Avoiding tedium with zero rewards that stops you from enjoying the game and takes up valuable time isn't as simple as I don't want to.

For the best, we will not. 

First I do utilize them, and I did for a very long time in all my worlds. I make a pen of them and use lunar essence to make a saladmander instead of using Chester. Once they all glitch thru my fences I make more (just don't want to make many layers of fencing when they are stupid easy to spawn more) But in a longterm world with a huge base and stuff everywhere (and I already have chests full of grass and another of rope each bundled in giftwrap till my entire scaled chest is full of gift wrapped boxes) I stop spawning them. Because the lag they cause is awful! (If I start to get low on both grass and rope, I just start respawning them again it's easy to do)

2nd I cannot see a time where all the grass gecko spawns both natural and created by me plus every grass tuft used to spawn them is somehow gone in the overworld and in the caves without going to extreme lengths to do so. I've watched plenty of different ppl streaming and haven't seen anywhere near the destruction you've been speaking about to any megabases or mobs just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. 

Plus I'm not "desperate to have hail damage them" I just think it's easy to avoid damage to them, especially damage anywhere near extinction! Which has been my point the entire time!

But yeah we will just agree to disagree. I think it's a dead subject going nowhere helpful. 

On 10/4/2023 at 4:49 PM, Lovens said:

I discovered that while the canopy alone indeed does still protect everything under it from the wildfires, and Oasis desert still protects everything inside the sandstorm, if you put the two together you are still not protected from smoldering if you stand on the canopy side!... There you are, two commonly advertised methods of dealing with wildfires applied together over the same build and after all the effort put into it they still don't do the job they are intended to do!

If you know what the problem is it isn't exactly that the methods don't work. It would be more relevant to bring up something like the holes in the canopy issue (not sure if fixed) but Lureplants under the canopy helps with that and may have helped in your case.

18 hours ago, Popian said:

If you know what the problem is it isn't exactly that the methods don't work. It would be more relevant to bring up something like the holes in the canopy issue (not sure if fixed) but Lureplants under the canopy helps with that and may have helped in your case.

I don't think holes in the canopy are an actual thing that affects smoldering, at least I have never seen anything smolder under the canopy of the giant tree in any of my worlds. Therefore, a lureplant planted under the canopy, won't smolder either. What was smoldering in my example was a part of the kitchen which is covered by the sandstorm. Only the sandstorm protection in this game is implemented in a way that it only works if player is standing in the sandstorm and has a sandstorm overlay currently. So the same structure can be both safe and unsafe depending on where you stand - inside the desert or slightly outside of it. I knew about it but I thought it was only the case if you are standing outside the desert in an area without wildfire protection. Canopy seemed like a safe method and it turned out to be the opposite. 

Archived