My feedback on what I have seen based on the stream.

- If the bearger box doesn't slow more than the ice box I'm not sure how useful it'll be, unfortunately, given we have bundling wrap. Even a 15 day food will only last 30 days with ice box slowing.

- Bearger is by far the weakest of the boss designs and looks like something from a mod. Deerclops is awesome, and the varg is a little fantastical but still pretty good. It's just not different enough and just looks like a slightly recoloured bearger with a couple of minor addons.

- Please give us a way to persistently protect our mobs from lunar rain. At the very least, make sure above average trees (and maybe even normal trees) protect from it.

Other than that, absolutely awesome content update - REALLY happy to see wildfire proofing and a proper sink for hounds teeth being added.

13 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

- If the bearger box doesn't slow more than the ice box I'm not sure how useful it'll be, unfortunately, given we have bundling wrap. Even a 15 day food will only last 30 days with ice box slowing.

- Bearger is by far the weakest of the boss designs and looks like something from a mod. Deerclops is awesome, and the varg is a little fantastical but still pretty good. It's just not different enough and just looks like a slightly recoloured bearger with a couple of minor addons.

- Please give us a way to persistently protect our mobs from lunar rain. At the very least, make sure above average trees (and maybe even normal trees) protect from it.

Other than that, absolutely awesome content update - REALLY happy to see wildfire proofing and a proper sink for hounds teeth being added.

When they were showing us the concept arts, the bearger fridge was said to provide "90% food spoilage reduction". I dont know if it was changed.

18 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I actually might replace bundle in lieu of the new fridge for day to day. Won't need to waste grass every time I need to eat. 

But that's just me.

2 hours ago, Reiko24 said:

When they were showing us the concept arts, the bearger fridge was said to provide "90% food spoilage reduction". I dont know if it was changed.

Wooooah really? 90% is crazy good, even if it is food only. It is a post MoonLord boss drop I suppose. Warly mains eating good
:wilson_cool:

Edit: DemonRebuilt (A twitch streamer) just looked at the game files and it is indeed 90%. Dang thats crazy. Food lasting 10x longer. Finally, Barnacle food is usable outside base :wilson_ecstatic:

I've got feedback about hail, but I'll bite my tongue until the update. I want to see if we can weasel in roofs into dst so we can have barns or actual houses to go with the furniture kind of like how pillars were added.

I'm biding my time...

Very terrified of hail killing my geckos, but before anything happens, I want to see what flexibility can be provided in the beta.

Just now, chirsg said:

Very terrified of hail killing my geckos, but before anything happens, I want to see what flexibility can be provided in the beta.

And my volt goat herds and my koalafant forest I made and my grass gator pen and my carrat pen and every other mob and pen I've built and spent hours on.. sigh. Lunar hail sounds absolutely terrible and extremely anti late game/megabase/animal pens... 

Honestly suoer frustrated at what it sounds like it'll do.. 

3 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

And my volt goat herds and my koalafant forest I made and my grass gator pen and my carrat pen and every other mob and pen I've built and spent hours on.. sigh. Lunar hail sounds absolutely terrible and extremely anti late game/megabase/animal pens... 

I think that you are overthinking it, as there would be no way that an event that kills anything in its path makes through the beta. Not even talking about the personal zoos, but the natural spawning herds.

3 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

That's what the beta is for. I'd be up in arms to get it adjusted, but my mind is going towards other solutions rather than straight out getting the general damage from hail removed. I think there's room for a roof and shelter in the beta.... 

Again, let's bide our time for now and see what we get.

Just now, Valase said:

I think that you are overthinking it, as there would be no way that an event that kills anything in its path makes through the beta. Not even talking about the personal zoos, but the natural spawning herds.

I don't think there is overthinking. It's a legitimate concern over potential oversight. 

Literally, who knows what this is going to happen, but it's important to talk about what worries us.

Just now, chirsg said:

That's what the beta is for. I'd be up in arms to get it adjusted, but my mind is going towards other solutions rather than straight out getting the general damage from hail removed. I think there's room for a roof and shelter in the beta.... 

Again, let's bide our time for now and see what we get.

Huge ass tarp is the new character 

1 minute ago, Masked Koopa said:

My complaint isn't with the animations I think those are pretty good, my complaint is with the visual design.

I agree, out of the three the only one that looks lunar possessed is the varg, I think that the other two should show a little bit more of a "Lunar soul", maybe we seeing the gestalt in the deerclops ice rocks, or a bigger gestalt using bearger like a puppet.

16 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean so long as they do something about it potentially killing mobs I don't see why not.

Well yeah that'd be ideal. Hail sounds awesome, hail that kills off mobs you spent a crazy amount of time setting up/creating is just pure nonsense.

Just now, Theukon-dos said:

If Monkey raids can get past the beta and stay in the game unchanged for over a year, then I wouldn't get my hopes up particularly high.

Monkey raids don't destroy every mob in the game though, they're largely self contained

Archived