My feedback on what I have seen based on the stream.

14 minutes ago, somethin said:

Literally no mobs can catches on fires from smoldering in this game. Sometimes I wonder if you really are playing the same game as I do, or you are some kind of automated bot that keeps coming up with new wacky situations.

I’m not sure if your being SERIOUS, or just trying to be funny.. I am assuming it is the later of the two.. but in case it’s not-

It isn’t limited to just rabbits though, Birds also catch flames, as well as Spiders.

WHEN they burst into flames they leave behind cooked morsels.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

Have you considered that this post is from 9 years ago? Things changes a lot since then, and personally of all my time playing this game, even on single player, I have never seen one animal set on fire by summer smoldering. And I have to ask, when did the last time you saw that happened? I am genuinely curious and willing to be proven wrong.

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not sure if your being SERIOUS, or just trying to be funny.. I am assuming it is the later of the two.. but in case it’s not-

It isn’t limited to just rabbits though, Birds also catch flames, as well as Spiders.

WHEN they burst into flames they leave behind cooked morsels.

That's the original don't starve, not dst, mike. Dst wasn't even released in 2014 ffs.

And if they do catch fire now, I am gonna bet 100$ that youtubers have already covered about it on their summer guide videos

2 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Yeah ive definetly seen birds smoldering and catching on fire in summer, I can vouch for that claim at least

Well, since there are more eye witness, I guess Mike is not an automated bot that keeps coming up with new wacky situations in that case.
Instead, he's an automated bot that keeps coming up with new wacky situations most of the time :applause:

23 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

That's the original don't starve, not dst, mike. Dst wasn't even released in 2014 ffs.

And if they do catch fire now, I am gonna bet 100$ that youtubers have already covered about it on their summer guide videos

7 minutes ago, thetrueprime said:

I think the truth of it is I and many others base in oasis, go into the caves or turn wildfires off so we are not so familiar with the mechanics :)

Sigh.. I guess it’s time I educate some folks then.

Don’t Starve (& Don’t Starve Together) aren’t the peaceful base building simulators people tend to think they are, in fact they can at times be very brutal, very Unfair.. and very destructive.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Seasons/Summer

Mobs actually CAN set fire in Summer, but only if they’re somewhere near players.. and further more, a mob that is ON FIRE can wander into your garden or forest and also proceed to set those on fire as well.

I know this all feels off topic to the current beta, but I did want to point out a case where WEATHER actually does Harm & Kill Mobs within the game.

So Lunar Hail Storms & Spontaneous Summer Combustion aren’t that different (in terms of world weather doing damage to mobs)

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So Lunar Hail Storms & Spontaneous Summer Combustion aren’t that different (in terms of world weather doing damage to mobs)

So I guess the real difference is we have comfy ways we are used to for avoiding wildfires altogether (and about to get another!), but hail seems a little more cumbersome right now.

2 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

Another update where the megabasers have to argue why destroying your mostly luxury or vanity structures does not affect your survival and only makes the game more boring

Well think about it. Klei LITERALLY cannot make any other content or interesting features in the game if the greedy and evil megabasers are able to actually prevent threats to their bases. There is literally NO other alternative, no way to make the game challenging. The ONLY way to make the game challenging is to add a bunch of enviromental BS that has no meaningful counter or interesting strategy and just pops up to give you the middle finger.

This is an uncompromising and brutal and dark survival game. Uncompromising means just throwing a bunch of crap in your general direction so you can't do anything fun. It doesn't mean interesting mechanics that actually fit well within the scope of a players ability to tackle, but still be challenged by. If you can overcome difficulty by getting better and using the land to your advantage, how is it uncompromising™?  Honestly we need more lack of compromise and just make Deerclops ignore player aggro and beeline straight for your structures.  Celestial Champion should just pull up a lunar vehicle and hire some of his homies and do a lunar drive-by on your base on the other side of the map, like just teleport away from you and destroy your base. Man that would be so challenging, unfortunately you darn megabasers made Klei second-guess stuff like this, so we'll NEVER get anything interesting because you're holding the integrity of the game back.

Megabasers want Dark Souls difficulty, but the real pros of the game want Dark Souls 2 difficulty: if you can't make it good, just make it more difficult by just throwing a bunch of crap at the player.

Destruction mechanics are not difficult bruh, people be saying that megabaser "take away the difficult"

If they make a metheor fall on my purely decorational setpiece i made up purely to look nice, it does not affect my survival, i am not in a struggle, i am not affected, it just sucks, it isnt difficult

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Im genuinely curious here- I watch rabbits squeal out before bursting into a cooked morsel, how is lunar hail any more destructive?

Because wildfire is only limited to flammable structures and small mobs but lunar hail can kill any non-lunar-aligned mob? You literally can't build a zoo without planting 8 above average trees to cover everything now.

1 hour ago, cropo said:

Man that would be so challenging, unfortunately you darn megabasers made Klei second-guess stuff like this, so we'll NEVER get anything interesting because you're holding the integrity of the game back.

Dame you megabasers, ruined my uncompromising survival game of all games:wilson_unhappy:

2 hours ago, cropo said:

Well think about it. Klei LITERALLY cannot make any other content or interesting features in the game if the greedy and evil megabasers are able to actually prevent threats to their bases. There is literally NO other alternative, no way to make the game challenging. The ONLY way to make the game challenging is to add a bunch of enviromental BS that has no meaningful counter or interesting strategy and just pops up to give you the middle finger.

This is an uncompromising and brutal and dark survival game. Uncompromising means just throwing a bunch of crap in your general direction so you can't do anything fun. It doesn't mean interesting mechanics that actually fit well within the scope of a players ability to tackle, but still be challenged by. If you can overcome difficulty by getting better and using the land to your advantage, how is it uncompromising™?  Honestly we need more lack of compromise and just make Deerclops ignore player aggro and beeline straight for your structures.  Celestial Champion should just pull up a lunar vehicle and hire some of his homies and do a lunar drive-by on your base on the other side of the map, like just teleport away from you and destroy your base. Man that would be so challenging, unfortunately you darn megabasers made Klei second-guess stuff like this, so we'll NEVER get anything interesting because you're holding the integrity of the game back.

Megabasers want Dark Souls difficulty, but the real pros of the game want Dark Souls 2 difficulty: if you can't make it good, just make it more difficult by just throwing a bunch of crap at the player.

Oh man you had me at first hahaha

2 hours ago, Capybara007 said:

Destruction mechanics are not difficult bruh, people be saying that megabaser "take away the difficult"

If they make a metheor fall on my purely decorational setpiece i made up purely to look nice, it does not affect my survival, i am not in a struggle, i am not affected, it just sucks, it isnt difficult

In a game like DST (for once..) I actually side with the Megabasers- Destroying the players structures does NOT make the game more challenging… but that’s Only because the majority of the things that can be destroyed.. can be Prototyped so you no longer need the structure other than as a cosmetic to make your base look pretty.

Further Clarification: When you Craft a Crafting Table in Minecraft to create a Stone Sword, if a creeper comes along and BLOWS UP your crafting table.. you will need to make a NEW one to craft another Sword on it.

In DST… once you learn how to craft the items a Science/Alchemy/Presti etc.. you LITERALLY no longer need those structures EVER again aside from pretty base decor.

Now IF you needed to craft these structures/stand near one every single time you wanted to craft one of the resources from it, then having the game destroy it would actually serve a very real survival challenge in needing to Re-Craft the structure to craft more spears/Darkswords/etc..

But since DS & DST have never been that type of game and the player can literally learn almost everything without needing to even use the structure anymore, then having it get damaged or destroyed serves no other purpose but to annoy megabasers who don’t feel like Upkeep = interesting Gameplay.

Now for the guy/girl whining about the new update destroying their Grass Gecko pet pens… boy do I got some really bad news for you-

Spoiler

IMG_5918.png.33acbbffd27364c3e1a655f95f195ace.png

it appears Klei may have plans to actually Mutate these things in a future lunar rift update to probably become hostile to the player.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

In a game like DST (for once..) I actually side with the Megabasers- Destroying the players structures does NOT make the game more challenging… but that’s Only because the majority of the things that can be destroyed.. can be Prototyped so you no longer need the structure other than as a cosmetic to make your base look pretty.

You have never once sided with megabasers. You are constantly saying  that megabasers/megabasing ruins the game and stops klei from making the drastic changes you want. You are 100% in the "I want more unavoidable destruction and chaos" group..

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now for the guy/girl whining about the new update destroying their Grass Gecko pet pens… boy do I got some really bad news for you-

We don't know for a fact that they will be hostile, there are other lunar mobs that are not hostile, they might just function differently or have different drops. Also it's not whining to not want something you've spent hours creating and setting up to be destroyed on a whim for no real reason at all.

Archived