My feedback on what I have seen based on the stream.

9 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean so long as they do something about it potentially killing mobs I don't see why not.

As a writer I think people are kinda missing the “point” of the Shadow & Lunar Rifts..

Your not supposed to just keep living day to day life, these are meant to be NEW powerful threats.. that literally come in and take over…

After observing Lunar Rift 1, Lunar Rift 2, And Shadow Rifts- I’ve drawn the conclusion that new more powerful enemies and more difficult challenges are intended to overtake and replace previous ones.

Or in Video Game Terms: New Game+ Mode.

From a story standpoint though, it sounds beautiful that the threats and challenges we’ve been fighting all this time, weren’t even the real threats to begin with! 

Its like humans going to war with one another and then a highly advanced alien civilization shows up to show us an even greater threat.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

As a writer I think people are kinda missing the “point” of the Shadow & Lunar Rifts..

Your not supposed to just keep living day to day life, these are meant to be NEW powerful threats.. that literally come in and take over…

After observing Lunar Rift 1, Lunar Rift 2, And Shadow Rifts- I’ve drawn the conclusion that new more powerful enemies and more difficult challenges are intended to overtake and replace previous ones.

Or in Video Game Terms: New Game+ Mode.

From a story standpoint though, it sounds beautiful that the threats and challenges we’ve been fighting all this time, weren’t even the real threats to begin with! 

Its like humans going to war with one another and then a highly advanced alien civilization shows up to show us an even greater threat.

I do agree completely but at the same time I know there will be backlash if they don't change it and I'd rather they change it rather than people suddenly saying they should scrap the mechanic altogether I won't lose anything either way if they make it not hurt enemies.

53 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Screenshot_20230929-024212_Chrome.jpg

Remove the Moon Frogs Lick attack, and make them EXPLODE (not dealing damage to structures) kinda like those Moon Trees found in the grotto with the exploding spores. That’s literally what it looks like it has on its back in this image.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Remove the Moon Frogs Lick attack, and make them EXPLODE (not dealing damage to structures) kinda like those Moon Trees found in the grotto with the exploding spores. That’s literally what it looks like it has on its back in this image.

they could also do both

like they still lick and when they die they explode

35 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

lunar hail is obviously not gonna make it past the beta

It didn't last long after my moonclops fight. It was very brief, but pretty damn deadly. 

But because it was so short, I couldn't tell how harmful it was to my mobs. If it's always like that... It's a worry, but manageable somehow... But it's early to tell.

Hail killing performance might make your statement true lol.

31 minutes ago, chirsg said:

But because it was so short, I couldn't tell how harmful it was to my mobs. If it's always like that... It's a worry, but manageable somehow... But it's early to tell.

The hail deals 30 damage per hit and it deals full damage on mobs.

So far it seems the umbralla is the only thing that'll protect you from hail so you can use that to protect your farms for now. Nevermind Eyebrella works too

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

(not dealing damage to structures)

Why not? Why not have them destroy every structure in a 9 tile radius, I thought you wanted extremely destructive unavoidable mechanics? 

Honestly I know it's early days and things will very likely change and I also know very little/next to nothing as to how lunar hail will actually work or actually be implemented, but I'm just straight up blocking anyone who genuinely supports and thinks wide spread surface wide lunar hail that kills mobs players have spent up to literal hundreds of real world hours setting up is a good idea. Even if it is not ever implemented in this way and is never a thing to begin with if you actually support or want something this damaging or extreme to so many players, playstyles and worlds, goodbye to you. 

Oversized trees being protection won't cut it because they're extremely limited in where they can be placed and yeah maybe a lightning rod esque structure might completely solve the problem (I'd probably be totally ok with this as long as it doesn't cost 40 dreadstone.. and can be placed in a small area not completely ruining other structures being placed nearby) but it also might not be as foolproof as I'd like. 

This is more than anything to avoid me arguing relentlessly and more than likely being given warnings cause honestly I'm so over the "every single thing in the entire game should be at risk, nothing should be safe, let's ramp up destruction x10 and give no way to combat or stop it even though it's a sandbox game as well and every single danger ever presented or created in the game so far has workarounds, mechanics and strategies that allow you to overcome, minimize or avoid them Let's just change the entire nature, identity and theme of the game sooo long after it's creation" people on these forums and I just do not want to interact with them any longer. 

Bit of an overreaction? Yeah definitely and this may even come off as slightly unhinged to some of you but I have somewhere inbetween 4 and 5k Hours on this game and it's the one game I always return to and still haven't moved on from. Its such an amazing escape from real life and I greatly enjoy my time in the constant so I am obviously quite passionate about the game.

40 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

The hail deals 30 damage per hit and it deals full damage on mobs.

So far it seems the umbralla is the only thing that'll protect you from hail so you can use that to protect your farms for now. Nevermind Eyebrella works too

Jesus, so it is as bad as it sounds. This is a bad joke Klei. 

6 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Honestly I know it's early days and things will very likely change and I also know very little/next to nothing as to how lunar hail will actually work or actually be implemented, but I'm just straight up blocking anyone who genuinely supports and thinks wide spread surface wide lunar hail that kills mobs players have spent up to literal hundreds of real world hours setting up is a good idea. Even if it is not ever implemented in this way and is never a thing to begin with if you actually support or want something this damaging or extreme to so many players, playstyles and worlds, goodbye to you. 

I know this is probably a bad idea but what the hell I'll say it anyway this wouldn't have really been a issue if a.i. exploit farms were fixed a long time ago...

7 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Oversized trees being protection won't cut it because they're extremely limited in where they can be placed and yeah maybe a lightning rod esque structure might completely solve the problem (I'd probably be totally ok with this as long as it doesn't cost 40 dreadstone.. and can be placed in a small area not completely ruining other structures being placed nearby) but it also might not be as foolproof as I'd like. 

This is more than anything to avoid me arguing relentlessly and more than likely being given warnings cause honestly I'm so over the "every single thing in the entire game should be at risk, nothing should be safe, let's ramp up destruction x10 and give no way to combat or stop it even though it's a sandbox game as well and every single danger ever presented or created in the game so far has workarounds, mechanics and strategies that allow you to overcome, minimize or avoid them Let's just change the entire nature, identity and theme of the game sooo long after it's creation" people on these forums and I just do not want to interact with them any longer. 

Bit of an overreaction? Yeah definitely and this may even come off as slightly unhinged to some of you but I have somewhere inbetween 4 and 5k Hours on this game and it's the one game I always return to and still haven't moved on from. Its such an amazing escape from real life and I greatly enjoy my time in the constant so I am obviously quite passionate about the game.

As for no protection thing Umbrallas are technically a proper aoe protection from them since the only thing they harm are players and enemies so it's not like there's no way to combat this. Like if they change it to not harm mobs fine I'll take it but I'm really tired of Klei having to side step around player made exploits the community has gotten too attached to as the idealized state of play.

19 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

"every single thing in the entire game should be at risk, nothing should be safe, let's ramp up destruction x10 and give no way to combat or stop it even though it's a sandbox game as well and every single danger ever presented or created in the game so far has workarounds, mechanics and strategies that allow you to overcome, minimize or avoid them Let's just change the entire nature, identity and theme of the game sooo long after it's creation"

I mean seeing the posts some people make I can sympathize with your frustration. It's kinda interesting to see just how many people want the game to throw nuclear bombs at your base every 2 minutes that can't be dealt with and just have to be endured and think that their eventual exclusion from the game is stopping ''good'' content from releasing.

38 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I know this is probably a bad idea but what the hell I'll say it anyway this wouldn't have really been a issue if a.i. exploit farms were fixed a long time ago...

As for no protection thing Umbrallas are technically a proper aoe protection from them since the only thing they harm are players and enemies so it's not like there's no way to combat this. Like if they change it to not harm mobs fine I'll take it but I'm really tired of Klei having to side step around player made exploits the community has gotten too attached to as the idealized state of play.

How are keeping mobs in pens a player made exploit sorry?

Don't Umbralla's lose durability quite quickly when set up to perform their AOE protection?

39 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I'm not even talking about AI exploit farms though, I'm literally talking about biomes I've created filled with Koalafants, Saladmanders and Carrats etc and pens with Volt Goats or Grass Geckos/Gators inside. 

1 minute ago, GelatinousCube said:

How are keeping mobs in pens a player made exploit sorry?

Unless I'm misunderstanding something aren't mob pens when you bait mobs into running against a trap? If so that is indeed a exploit no? If not please better explain what you mean.

3 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Don't Umbralla's lose durability quite quickly when set up to perform their AOE protection?

No they last for around and hour and a half or so if I remember right.

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding something aren't mob pens when you bait mobs into running against a trap? If so that is indeed a exploit no? If not please better explain what you mean.

No they last for around and hour and a half or so if I remember right.

I literally mean a mob pen with mobs INSIDE the pen. Like literally just a big box of walls filled with grass geckos or volt goats or grass gators or whatever. A pen filled with a certain type of mob to keep them in that area to farm grass, twigs, volt horns whatever.

Also I personally disagree that the trap pens are an exploit. 

I mean thats decent re: the Umbralla but for a long term world that isn't really great or viable. Every hour and a half you have to visit every single pen you have to refuel/replace the Umbrallas. Can you even repair Umbrallas with the Shadow repair kit thingy or can they only be repaired in acid rain? I forget, I only ever use one in the Caves and it self repairs in acid rain. 

9 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

the only thing that changes when an umbralla is activated is its ability to regenerate from acid rain, otherwise its completely identical (and can be repaired fully with the void repair kits)

From my point of view I really like how there’s this new weather hazard that kills out or mutates existing mobs, and replaces them with something different & new or forced me to play the game in a New Way…

For example: Beefalo Wool no longer being available due to extinction of Beefalo would = no winter/Beefalo hats for Winter, and I’d need to then fight the (now moontated..) version of Bearger to obtain his nice warm Hibernation vest or take my chances with a Moontated Koalephant.. to get puffy vest.

As long as there are replacement mobs I’ll need to seek out to obtain survival items in a means outside of the “Meta” im all for these changes.

Yeah they sound destructive and cruel to player mega bases and animal pet farms, but that’s probably why it should be a toggleable part of the game players can opt into from the Settings menu.

you can now toggle instant premadeath from this menu…. So before we nerf the high hell out of lunar moon hail storms & Moontated creatures, maybe make them a world Gen setting that’s toggled to Off by default that the player can toggle on should they desire it?

(Same as the Permadeath choice)

8 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I literally mean a mob pen with mobs INSIDE the pen. Like literally just a big box of walls filled with grass geckos or volt goats or grass gators or whatever. A pen filled with a certain type of mob to keep them in that area to farm grass, twigs, volt horns whatever.

So I know about the gecko one to farm grass, the only goat one I know of is the one where you warp one of the herd away to make it so the herd can't go extinct from auto farms, and I don't know about anything surrounding caging the grass gators. I'm assuming there's some other purpose I don't get for placing the volt goat and the grass gator in the pens though.

12 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Also I personally disagree that the trap pens are an exploit. 

Agree to disagree here.

13 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I mean thats decent re: the Umbralla but for a long term world that isn't really great or viable. Every hour and a half you have to visit every single pen you have to refuel/replace the Umbrallas. Can you even repair Umbrallas with the Shadow repair kit thingy or can they only be repaired in acid rain? I forget, I only ever use one in the Caves and it self repairs in acid rain. 

Lenship answered this but I'd also like to remind that eyebrellas also protect you from this but just you though. 

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I really like how there’s this new weather hazard that kills out or mutates existing mobs, and replaces them with something different & new or forced me to play the game in a New Way…

they'll mutate once they're killed while a rift is active, the hail has nothing to do with that

I'm obviously over-reacting somewhat, I guess so long as its a world setting it won't be an issue as I'm honestly just going to turn the hail off completely. Doesn't sound like its necessary for any new drops or items or the mutated bosses and mobs (which I am excited for). Its basically going to be the same as the post shadow rift constant earthquakes and monkey raids - completely unnecessary and brings no value to me personally and will just be turned off in settings forever. 

I'd prefer to leave it on as a challenge to the player but if its just going to kill off every existing mob in the overworld then forget about it. Hard pass. 

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

I'm not even talking about AI exploit farms though, I'm literally talking about biomes I've created filled with Koalafants, Saladmanders and Carrats etc and pens with Volt Goats or Grass Geckos/Gators inside. 

Partly good news is the hail doesn't affect lunar aligned mobs, so your saladmanders and carrats will be safe at the least.

Wildfires are widespread turned off because many players dislike playing with them toggled to on, and I’ll admit myself that once my game reaches “Summer” I’ll kick EVERYONE out the server and play through Summer alone until Autumn starts again.

Summer is just far too destructive of a season to attempt to play in Multiplayer. Between the Wildfires & unappeased Antlion sinkholes it’s not a season you want to play in multiplayer..

That Said- And on the same topic of wildfires, mobs will randomly catch fire in Summer.. does that NOT deal the same amount of damage to them that the new Lunar Hail does?

Im genuinely curious here- I watch rabbits squeal out before bursting into a cooked morsel, how is lunar hail any more destructive?

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wildfires are widespread turned off because many players dislike playing with them toggled to on, and I’ll admit myself that once my game reaches “Summer” I’ll kick EVERYONE out the server and play through Summer alone until Autumn starts again.

I used to do that too and then decided to just turn wildfires off. 

Anyway, because of hail, I think it's high time we got some roofs. I want houses and barns.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That Said- And on the same topic of wildfires, mobs will randomly catch fire in Summer.. does that NOT deal the same amount of damage to them that the new Lunar Hail does?

Literally no mobs can catches on fires from smoldering in this game. Sometimes I wonder if you really are playing the same game as I do, or you are some kind of automated bot that keeps coming up with new wacky situations.

Archived