[Game Update] - 570654

• Developer

Changes

• Wormwood’s Summons will no longer spawn Souls for Wortox.
  • Wortox Souls will no longer get wet.
  • Fireflies spawning under Great Tree Trunks will be more permissive when boats are nearby.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash with the Mighty Gym and disconnecting players.
  • Fixed Wolfgang’s Icebell freezing other players when PvP is not enabled.
  • Fixed missing minimap icons for the Lamb Idols.
  • Fixed newly spawned Lunar Rifts from appearing over docks.
  • Fixed Rabbits from being able to walk over water.
  • Fixed Lune Tree Blossoms not having a pickup sound like Petals.
  • Fixed Lune Tree Blossoms being unable to be fed to Beefalo and other things.

Notes for modders

• The functions were moved from local Wortox into wortox_soul_common for easier access: GiveSouls, SpawnSoulsAt, SpawnSoulAt

View full update

• Like 37
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

• Wormwood’s Summons will no longer spawn Souls for Wortoxs

View full update

IMO this is a mistake.  If one character could do this all by themselves, I would agree that it's busted.  However you can't do this by yourself, you need to be playing with someone else and both of you need to use a DLC character.  In a game called Don't Starve Together, allowing players to do really cool things by combining the abilities of multiple characters should be encouraged.

Edited by Lardee
  • Like 18
  • Potato Cup 1

26 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

I see you too saw the video where wortox and wormwood healed Weremoose while he tanked enraged klaus for half an hour

Wait why in the world did it take half an hour....is what I was gonna say till I saw enraged. That's actually pretty impressive.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Wait why in the world did it take half an hour....is what I was gonna say till I saw enraged. That's actually pretty impressive.

Its crazy how much damage he does, even with constant wortox heals and weremooses regen.

Spoiler

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Changes

• Wormwood’s Summons will no longer spawn Souls for Wortox.
  • Wortox Souls will no longer get wet.
  • Fireflies spawning under Great Tree Trunks will be more permissive when boats are nearby.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash with the Mighty Gym and disconnecting players.
  • Fixed Wolfgang’s Icebell freezing other players when PvP is not enabled.
  • Fixed missing minimap icons for the Lamb Idols.
  • Fixed newly spawned Lunar Rifts from appearing over docks.
  • Fixed Rabbits from being able to walk over water.
  • Fixed Lune Tree Blossoms not having a pickup sound like Petals.
  • Fixed Lune Tree Blossoms being unable to be fed to Beefalo and other things.

Notes for modders

• The functions were moved from local Wortox into wortox_soul_common for easier access: GiveSouls, SpawnSoulsAt, SpawnSoulAt

View full update

Please don't let Wortox's souls drop with dropeverything setting enabled. As there are often instances of thieves or people accidentally taking important items, it is necessary to have dropeveryting setting on, but in such cases, Wortoxs drop all their souls when they leave, resulting in wasted souls. Can you make an exception for Wortox souls about the settings? Please! I really think this is a necessary and good idea for Wortox main players

• Like 17
  • GL Happy 1

6 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Can Abigail get this too? It's a little weird seeing her drop souls because she seem doesn't really "be killed" after her hp to 0?

Post your Abigail getting killed to fuel a boss run strat first. On a side note did Souls getting wet ever actually effect anything?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

On a side note did Souls getting wet ever actually effect anything?

I know a mod that has an item that requires soul fuel... but that's another thing. In the original game it doesn't have any effect.

3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

lose sanity in the inventory, probably.

You lose sanity based on the wetness of yourself and worn equipment, but not things in your pockets. I'm not aware of a wet soul doing anything. It's not fuel (burns shorter), a perishable (spoils faster), a tool, or a weapon (slips out of hand).

• Like 5

10 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Wormwood’s Summons will no longer spawn Souls for Wortox.

Kinda sad about this, it's a really cool synergy in a co operative game and when me and my friend discovered it for the first time it felt really special. I do admit it can be used for nutty things like some users have pointed out, I wish there was a way of nerfing this synergy without completely removing it 

14 hours ago, Lardee said:

IMO this is a mistake.  If one character could do this all by themselves, I would agree that it's busted.  However you can't do this by yourself, you need to be playing with someone else and both of you need to use a DLC character.  In a game called Don't Starve Together, allowing players to do really cool things by combining the abilities of multiple characters should be encouraged.

If you have these two characters, then you have infinite living logs, infinite heals, and infinite sainity for Wortox without having to do anything other than repeatidly craft some things. This is a good change.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 4