Special Asteroid for Klei Fest 2023

• Developer

image.png

Welcome to the Skewed Asteroid! 

This unusual asteroid was released in time for Klei Fest 2023. 

It's a little...different. Maybe something rippled beyond the Temporal Tear, or maybe a Gassy Moo farted into a quasar at just the right moment. Whatever happened, identical copies of the Skewed Asteroid have materialized in every universe! 

(Yes, that means it's impervious to worldgen manipulation. Some things are beyond human control.)

We can't wait to see what you'll do with this one... share your screenshots and stories below! 

• Like 12
  • Haha 3
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 2

On 6/17/2023 at 1:16 PM, SkunkMaster said:

The size of the planet is something alright... Why again did the planet have to be THIS big? - not a complaint, just wondering...

Looks pretty much like a standard "Spaced Out!" classic start to me.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Can't believe I put my two beloved dupes through piss suit hell to get the carnivore achievement on hutches, only to day later dig just a bit more right and find shove voles. You suffered for nothing, Devon and Leira, I'm sorry

Edited by BezKa
  • Big Ups 1

On 6/16/2023 at 7:34 AM, hulktim said:

Is it a temporary asteroid? Will he stay after the end of the fest?

I'm wondering the same thing.  They said it was released "for klei fest". 

Does this mean it will go away. 

Edited by RonEmpire

9 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

They said it was released "for klei fest". 

On 6/15/2023 at 6:56 PM, JarrettM said:

This unusual asteroid was released in time for Klei Fest 2023.

It has a new category "The lab" meaning there will probably be more in the future, and it doesn't make sense to remove them when they already exist. I think it will stay, Klei rarely does time limited stuff.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BezKa said:

rarely does time limited stuff.

This isn't true at all.   Don't starve has had  a bunch of "time limited" stuff.   

They had a cooking event mini game and the forge mini game.  

Can't get those limited experience events anymore.  They were fun actually.  Especially the cooking event.

They've done it before on many occasions which is why I'm wondering if this would be here to stay or not or go away.   Just would like somebody at Klei to confirm it will stay. 

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

time limited

Those events required constant support from the team. It was very work intensive on their part, which made them unable to update the game. Those had to be time limited due to the cost of the servers and stuff like that.

The skewed asteroid is a seed locked map, that doesn't require maintenance. It would be more work to remove it from the game than to let it stay. I think Klei usually leaves stuff like this in when they get the chance.

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 2