[Game Update] - New content in Beta

new magic stuff's damage doesn't seem to depend on character's damage multiplier, so Wes is technically the best at utilizing it (since he gets extra uses out of it!). good for him. 

• Like 2
  • Sanity 7

6 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

I mean when mighty

Ah, I understand, there is just some new damage system. standard sword damage is 30 less. and the wolf strength multiplier does not take into account this new multiplier

• Like 1

Howdy Devs.

Great stuff so far and something to look up for in future updates. I'm sure that Shovel and Pickaxe will be worthy for something later.
With that said i'm a bit sad that items like the Sword for starters still suffer the same problem as other items. I get it if you want certain items just to be alternatives not something better but lets see it from this view.

Dark Sword, obtainable with the first 10 days, craftable everywhere, cheap resources once you know the game, 68 damage, 100 hits.
New Sword, obtainable only after defeating one of the end game bosses, crafted only in the new forge, harder to get resources, 68 damage, 200 hits.

I simply dont think this is good balance, taking in consideration the restrictions and work you have to put just to get something with double the durability and 10% more damage to shadows.
I think making it re-fuelable with PureBright, 25% per 1 would already be a good start to make the non craftable outside of station worth it, and one less item slot being used in relation to the Darksword. On top of that, considering that the sword animation looks super bright and energized, why not make it give light if you are sane at the cost of durability if its not being used to attack? As long as you are attacking something every 2 seconds it doesnt lose durability, just to prevent passive light usage? This would also go well with the need of having both chest and hat equiped to get the damage bonus agaisnt shadows.

I would just enjoy seeing new items having more utilities and usages, and definitely feeling better than stuff that is much easier and practical to be obtained.

Have a great rest of day, and here is to hoping that tomorrow, starting my 3k+ world doesn't crash anymore :)

Best Regards,

Glermz

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

Hmmm. Gonna be honest, this update feels like it's all style, no substance. The rift mechanic's hella cool, don't get me wrong. But the items themselves are all pretty generic and honestly don't do much, if anything at all. It's like you guys looked at dreadstone armor and decided it wasn't generic enough.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It would be nice to add brightshade axe, and potentially fork, hoe, and hammer. Also it would be a good occasion to add the missing moon glass tools like pickaxe, shovel, fork, hoe, hammer, and potentially armor and helm (and also golden hammer). So we can finally get the all the tools from each materials.

Edited by Hypsellis
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, ryukamiya said:

The new plants are also hostile to Wormwood.
I thought plants were my friends.

Noooooooooo, why WHY

Klei do you hate wormwood?! Stop snubbing wormwood on the plant and moon stuff :mad-new:

• Like 6