Eye bosses hitbox should be reverted to what it was before.

Like some people noticed already, by nerfing cage and Maxwell - klei accidentally nerfed everyone else instead. Now the hitbox on eye bosses is so big - it became harder to dodge them without speed boosts. 

There was absolutely no reason to fix cages allowance for free hits because this exists:

I know, I know, Guille is God gamer and his speedrun is seeded or whatever thus it shouldn't be my argument for balance.

So here is my boss rush result instead: No mods, random world, even deleted my starting fuel because it's OP or something. Everything is fair. So I can't really see why nerf cage when anyone can just use 2 flutes instead and not even break them? twins died before landing a single hit on me.

I guess Maxwell could kill twins with just sanity food and hambat before but like... who cares? Fighting twins in the first few days isn't even worth it because nights are too short, and by day 10 you should probably have all the equipment you need to slay bosses. 

So klei, please fix eyeballs for every character's sake, and bring back cage strategy. I want to actually use my spells instead of being a Wolfgang clone. 

Без названия (46).jpeg

Pls klei, it is not easy to dodge the eye of terror in the base game right now (if you mess uç, you will get hit once or twice), and in the beta is impossible (at least for me), it would be good if the players had the chance to dodge the attacks, it will help new players that want to escape and people that want to fight the boss early game (before walking cane or ruins rush)

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

It's fine how it is right now.  If fighting them in the first few days isn't worth it you should have a speed boost for the fight, after all. 

Okay, the reason why I said it isn't worth it is because I'm a noob :P

I thought that twins dispawn if you won't kill them fast enough, and the timer continues at day time too. 

I was wrong and should have checked wiki. So here is another run I just did with the same rules. Turns out killing twins early is just as easy as ever. 

So again, why did klei butcher cage when you can just do this? 

Без названия (47).jpeg

5 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Barely dodgeable bosses that can spawn minions .. my favorite combination ..

It's only "fine" if you're a masochist.

Fighting these things on Xbox using a controller was such an Impossible task for me that I actually resort to cheap tactics like summoning them near Dragonfly and hiding in a BushHat the whole fight then picking off whatever left alive at the end of the fight.

Both Dragonfly & Twins are a painfully annoying experience, but it’s no secret they were NEVER DESIGNED FOR A SOLO PLAYER! And when you have at least one other player who they can Aggro onto giving you breathing room to avoid being hit to heal or whatever that fact becomes evidentially clear.

Enemy mobs that also spawn smaller enemy mobs are designed with the intent that someone will deal with the minions, while someone else focuses the minion Spawnie.

I shouldn’t have to be some elite god who never takes a single hit to enjoy my experience with this game.. There are several mobs I kite to one another just because fighting them the correct way has proven itself to be far too difficult for me.

Varglet in my experience with them do not make my game any easier, despite what everyone else says.. I’ve resorted to always having marble armor, football helm and Darksword on hand to deal with them.

I also kite Spider Queens into Moose/Goose and have never fought either of them mono-a-mono.

The games simply too hard and leaves very little room for Error when playing Alone, but having even just one other player in the game to pull some of the mob aggro makes all the differences in the world.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Both Dragonfly & Twins are a painfully annoying experience, but it’s no secret they were NEVER DESIGNED FOR A SOLO PLAYER!

because you say. For that a lot of players kill them alone... you shouldnt acuse the game for something that is in your side

Enemy mobs that also spawn smaller enemy mobs are designed with the intent that someone will deal with the minions, while someone else focuses the minion Spawnie.

spider queen was one of the 1st bosses added in DS. Was a single plsyer game. Single player

Varglet in my experience with them do not make my game any easier, despite what everyone else says..

but they are. There come less hounds but instead one varglet and they come waaaay less often. Sometimes i had only experienced 2 waves in a year cus expending summer in the caves. They are a wall, if you cant deal with few waves per year means that the world would regenerat and you will start over to keep learning like how deerclops, spring or old Dragonfly were progression walls

The games simply too hard and leaves very little room for Error when playing Alone,

DS was more punishing, i though you wanted that uncompromising experience...

12 minutes ago, Datanon said:

i cant test it right now. they increased the hitbox for the twins' attacks? for what reason did they do that?

if it was just to nerf maxwell that looks unintended

because Maxwell could hit eye of terror/twins caged without receiving damage, so they increased the hitbox, now eye of terror/twins can attack Maxwell even if they are caged, but this make the fight harder for everoyne else that doesnt have shadow prison, basically you need speed modifier, if you want to dodge the attacks (before it was very hard to dodge, but at least was possible)

59 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

its the alarming clock situation all over again, where a core mechanic is changed because of one singular item from one singular character

very smart yes

it made ancient guardian impossible to kite...

and klei changed it. It is not hard to klei fix this, just revert or make it in a way that only when eye of terror/twins are caged that their range are bigger.

3 hours ago, Datanon said:

i cant test it right now. they increased the hitbox for the twins' attacks? for what reason did they do that?

if it was just to nerf maxwell that looks unintended

From the way I understand it Maxwell highlighted the fact that the eye's hitboxes were smaller than their bodies which is why Maxwell could kill them with them being able to fight back it could very well be intentional that their hitbox was meant to be this size however going by overall reception it'll probably be reverted.

Personally I don't mind if it stays like this or not but if it stays the random spot target mechnaic would probably have to go.

I gave it some limited testing and EoT/Retinazor felt fine to me personally but Spazmatism was real annoying. Hope they address this and give some changes!

(Also, they didn't necessarily increase their hitboxes directly, they now take into account the physics radius of their targets, and players have a physics radius of .5. So while the range before was 2, it's now 2.5 because of the players physics radius, and of course this varies for different mobs with different radius's. I think a simple fix would be to reduce the original base range so that it adds back up to around 2 or so for players. :))

makes me realize how similar reworked maxwell and wanda are now to each other lmao

-shadow gear benefits them more: check

-highly requested game mechanic gets added only to that specific character: check (ender chest for maxwell and teleportation for wanda)

-wolfgang dps alongside other big perks: check

-they pretend to be high risk high reward characters but in reality their own perks encourage an even safer playstyle than if you picked wilson: check

-the flow of combat gets forever made worse for every single other character because of one of their abilities: check

• Developer

Hey guys, we've adjusted the tracking of the dash attacks already, but this will likely go out with Tuesday's release, as our last hotfix was more of an emergency for the Steam Workshop issues.

3 minutes ago, V2C said:

Hey guys, we've adjusted the tracking of the dash attacks already, but this will likely go out with Tuesday's release, as our last hotfix was more of an emergency for the Steam Workshop issues.

A myth of a Guy, thanks as Always 

On 11/19/2022 at 5:02 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Fighting these things on Xbox using a controller was such an Impossible task for me that I actually resort to cheap tactics like summoning them near Dragonfly and hiding in a BushHat the whole fight then picking off whatever left alive at the end of the fight.

I recently did the fight on console, it shouldn’t be that bad if you’re separating them and fighting each Twin on its own.

Archived