Eye bosses hitbox should be reverted to what it was before.

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

dont starve together players when they finally realize it's a multiplayer game

people who say dst is a multiplayer game when they realize most people play solo and it's nigh impossible to get a group of people to show up on time and make a long lasting server.

34 minutes ago, Dextops said:

people who say dst is a multiplayer game when they realize most people play solo and it's nigh impossible to get a group of people to show up on time and make a long lasting serve

I hate to put the burden of truth on you, but where did you read that most people play solo? I think its easy to make that assumption from forumgoers but in my experience the vast majority of people who play this game, new and old, either play on pubs that already have people on them, or play in their own isolated little group, because, like, its not that hard to get people to play on a server long term, if you understand you simply sometimes wont get to play for some days at a time.

12 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

I hate to put the burden of truth on you, but where did you read that most people play solo? I think its easy to make that assumption from forumgoers but in my experience the vast majority of people who play this game, new and old, either play on pubs that already have people on them, or play in their own isolated little group, because, like, its not that hard to get people to play on a server long term, if you understand you simply sometimes wont get to play for some days at a time.

Spoiler

9snwcdgfadi51.png

15401 players / 13340 servers = 1.15 players per server...

26 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

9snwcdgfadi51.png

15401 players / 13340 servers = 1.15 players per server...

uhm...buddy... is this taking into account empty servers? Simply dividing those two numbers together is an absolutely rancid way to tally this, considering the fact that there are many many dedicated servers that sit empty every day, and how An average human being will practically always be compelled to join servers with higher population. See stuff like SS13 for an example of that kind of thing.

2 hours ago, Primalflower said:

it's easier to look at it from the perspective that they're not mutually exclusive, i.e. the same player can regularly play solo and also multiplayer, from that perspective the claim that most people play solo isn't just inarguably correct, it might as well be an understatement, I'm willing to bet at least 99% of players who regularly play the game play solo for at least some decent fraction of that playtime, they don't need to exclusively play solo for the assertion to be correct

basically what I'm trying to say is that "most people play solo" =/= "most people ONLY play solo and no multiplayer"

the former is an obvious fact since everyone has played solo at least once in their playtime and anyone who says otherwise is lying

7 hours ago, Dextops said:

people who say dst is a multiplayer game when they realize most people play solo and it's nigh impossible to get a group of people to show up on time and make a long lasting server.

To be fair the game has been getting easier to play for solo players, and by that I mean useful features such as Global Pause, Reduced crafting costs of things like Armor/Cobblestone roads, brand new and occasionally useful character abilities, or world Gen settings- so it’s not as bad as it use to be to try and play solo.. 

I believe that we ended up on this topic because when you have 2 or more players the enemies will divide their attacks up amongst the players rather then attempting to attack just one player the entire time. Hence the topic of Hitbox range etc.. 

6 hours ago, Primalflower said:

uhm...buddy... is this taking into account empty servers? Simply dividing those two numbers together is an absolutely rancid way to tally this, considering the fact that there are many many dedicated servers that sit empty every day, and how An average human being will practically always be compelled to join servers with higher population. See stuff like SS13 for an example of that kind of thing.

still, how many empty servers are there? how many offline servers? the ration wont be much higher.

ignoring player that play solo or in multiplayer is selfish and dumb. Anyways a lot of people that play in pubs do stuff alone and even in coordinated servers people dont grab others players hand and do everything together

i remember your complains with the monkey raids. Do you want the nerfs reverted to be more according to a multiplayer experience instead of the weak even for solo raids? i dont think so

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

still, how many empty servers are there? how many offline servers? the ration wont be much higher.

The statistics aren't on show, but given the fact that this is a video game that is highly marketed for its multiplayer experience, every player is given a free extra copy to give to a friend, and some other third thing (hee hee), I would think it pretty promising of a thought to say that the common gameplay experience for this game heavily includes multiplayer, or hell, even just existing in the same world as other players and having that world be effected by them.

image.thumb.png.6600814357e28c333a274995e79a303c.png

Of course a singular screenshot of a handful of servers isn't going to turn heads, but like, come on, what i'm saying isn't negligible, its real :( 

ignoring player that play solo or in multiplayer is selfish and dumb.

I never said that...! You and Guille are likely unintentionally mischaracterizing my argument/strawmanning me into saying that you either choose to play multiplayer or singleplayer for your entire gameplay experience, and like, I think thats an understandable misconception to make from my words, but i would appreciate if you had some faith. Like any rational person I don't want the inevitable singleplayer experience to be neglected entirely and never taken into account, but I also very much acknowledge that like... if you're going to make a game that centers around multiplayer, then you're going to design the experience primarily around that, and its okay for the experience to feel much better that way. I'm fine with a lot of changes that primarily improve the singleplayer experience, but like, of course luigis mansion 3 is going to feel a bit more stilted if you don't have someone around to be gooigi. You get me?

i remember your complains with the monkey raids. Do you want the nerfs reverted to be more according to a multiplayer experience instead of the weak even for solo raids? i dont think so

The complaints that the devs heard, discussed amongst themselves, and then responded to in favor of me and my thoughts for the gameplay experience...? I truly don't mean to be rude, but It feels weird for this to be brought up here. Like, you should have thought back to that time that i said those things and thought "okay, she's said in the past that this thing negatively impacted her experience which very much included solo gameplay, so maybe she isn't fully against the thought of people playing solo?"

5 hours ago, Primalflower said:

The statistics aren't on show, but given the fact that this is a video game that is highly marketed for its multiplayer experience, every player is given a free extra copy to give to a friend, and some other third thing (hee hee), I would think it pretty promising of a thought to say that the common gameplay experience for this game heavily includes multiplayer, or hell, even just existing in the same world as other players and having that world be effected by them.

image.thumb.png.6600814357e28c333a274995e79a303c.png

Of course a singular screenshot of a handful of servers isn't going to turn heads, but like, come on, what i'm saying isn't negligible, its real :( 

I never said that...! You and Guille are likely unintentionally mischaracterizing my argument/strawmanning me into saying that you either choose to play multiplayer or singleplayer for your entire gameplay experience, and like, I think thats an understandable misconception to make from my words, but i would appreciate if you had some faith. Like any rational person I don't want the inevitable singleplayer experience to be neglected entirely and never taken into account, but I also very much acknowledge that like... if you're going to make a game that centers around multiplayer, then you're going to design the experience primarily around that, and its okay for the experience to feel much better that way. I'm fine with a lot of changes that primarily improve the singleplayer experience, but like, of course luigis mansion 3 is going to feel a bit more stilted if you don't have someone around to be gooigi. You get me?

The complaints that the devs heard, discussed amongst themselves, and then responded to in favor of me and my thoughts for the gameplay experience...? I truly don't mean to be rude, but It feels weird for this to be brought up here. Like, you should have thought back to that time that i said those things and thought "okay, she's said in the past that this thing negatively impacted her experience which very much included solo gameplay, so maybe she isn't fully against the thought of people playing solo?"

im not saying that a player only choose to play alone or with others.The opposite. In my experience i played both ways and even with others but doing my own stuff and dropping materials in the comunal base. 

As you can read in previous comments you can see how certain people uses the multplayer tag to defend silly biased ideas.

I though you comment was in the tone of "most people play multiplayer so it should be balanced arround multiplayer" not "most people play multiplayer but it should be balanced for both". For that i pointed your case because i didnt understood you pointing how multiplayer is the game when there are a lot stuff that is experience alone

On 11/18/2022 at 8:34 PM, Gi-Go said:

So here is my boss rush result instead: No mods, random world, even deleted my starting fuel because it's OP or something. Everything is fair. So I can't really see why nerf cage when anyone can just use 2 flutes instead and not even break them? twins died before landing a single hit on me.

I guess Maxwell could kill twins with just sanity food and hambat before but like... who cares? Fighting twins in the first few days isn't even worth it because nights are too short, and by day 10 you should probably have all the equipment you need to slay bosses. 

So klei, please fix eyeballs for every character's sake, and bring back cage strategy. I want to actually use my spells instead of being a Wolfgang clone. 

Без названия (46).jpeg

I’d actually like to know how you killed them so early. What were the items you used to kill bee queen, what day you start the fight, and what day did you kill her? What items did you use for fighting the twins and what was the strategy, did you spam the panflutes to keep it locked down and keep attacking it with duelists? How did you deal with the light problem, I find it hard to fight them without a starcaller or magiluminescense for light. What day did you make the shadow manipulator and what day did you start fighting the twins? Oh and is it still possible to do this or has there been any changes since this that made it harder?

2 hours ago, Maxwell Main said:

I’d actually like to know how you killed them so early. What were the items you used to kill bee queen, what day you start the fight, and what day did you kill her? What items did you use for fighting the twins and what was the strategy, did you spam the panflutes to keep it locked down and keep attacking it with duelists? How did you deal with the light problem, I find it hard to fight them without a starcaller or magiluminescense for light. What day did you make the shadow manipulator and what day did you start fighting the twins? Oh and is it still possible to do this or has there been any changes since this that made it harder?

I don't remember all the details since I've done multiple boss rushes and done almost no screenshots. Here are the only other two I did during beta. Before and after bee queen fight. 

My strategy for twins is to beat up the green one until phase 2 and then just spam flute and finish them both. 

My strategy for bee queen is to wear as many magic items as I can and dodge her attacks in phase 1 and 2. This will make it easier for shadows to hit her and I myself don't need to cage grumbles nor hit her. For the last half I spam cage on grumbles and do a bit of talking when bee queen screams. 

For dragonfly just spam cage when she tries to summon minions. If she succeeds just run around until they all group up and cage them too. If she is enraged just cage her again.

In general I always use all 6 duelists because more damage + managing sanity is pointless anyways. Just kill terrorbeaks and ignore crawling horrors. 

Screenshot_20221127-183517_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221127-183521_Gallery.jpg

7 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

I don't remember all the details since I've done multiple boss rushes and done almost no screenshots. Here are the only other two I did during beta. Before and after bee queen fight. 

My strategy for twins is to beat up the green one until phase 2 and then just spam flute and finish them both. 

My strategy for bee queen is to wear as many magic items as I can and dodge her attacks in phase 1 and 2. This will make it easier for shadows to hit her and I myself don't need to cage grumbles nor hit her. For the last half I spam cage on grumbles and do a bit of talking when bee queen screams. 

For dragonfly just spam cage when she tries to summon minions. If she succeeds just run around until they all group up and cage them too. If she is enraged just cage her again.

In general I always use all 6 duelists because more damage + managing sanity is pointless anyways. Just kill terrorbeaks and ignore crawling horrors. 

Screenshot_20221127-183517_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221127-183521_Gallery.jpg

You spam flutes to kill both of the eyes after they enter phase 2?

I’d love to see a video of your bee queen strat, I’ve been doing the “cage grumble bees forever” strat and summoning duelist on bee queen while also attacking alongside the duelists in between cages, for me this requires atleast 30 trailmix and 25 cooked green caps/cacti, 3 bee hats,  and 10 nightmare fuel; it seems like your way is cheaper and faster(you don’t seem to even be using healing), with my method I can kill her by day 12.

6 hours ago, Maxwell Main said:

You spam flutes to kill both of the eyes after they enter phase 2?

I’d love to see a video of your bee queen strat, I’ve been doing the “cage grumble bees forever” strat and summoning duelist on bee queen while also attacking alongside the duelists in between cages, for me this requires atleast 30 trailmix and 25 cooked green caps/cacti, 3 bee hats,  and 10 nightmare fuel; it seems like your way is cheaper and faster(you don’t seem to even be using healing), with my method I can kill her by day 12.

I can't record because I'm too low on RAM. But here is more screenshots from run I just did to see if Maxwell is still strong. Maybe add me to friends and we will play together.

I did use healing for bee queen but mainly because I messed up with phase 3. It caught me off guard. It's very much possible without healing. 

I also wasted a lot of jellybeans on dragonfly because I refused to take life giving amulet off and just tanked shadows without armor. 

A friend joined for twins but didn't actually do anything. I was too lazy to look for mandrake and just desided to tank them. Apperanetly I didn't need to since twins are changed now and you can actually dodge them without speed or armor. Still fight took forever due to stupid minions. I suggest to use flute spam anyways since minions will just waste too much time. 

Без названия (64).jpeg

Без названия (65).jpeg

Без названия (60).jpeg

Без названия (61).jpeg

Без названия (62).jpeg

Без названия (63).jpeg

On 11/28/2022 at 12:46 AM, Gi-Go said:

I can't record because I'm too low on RAM. But here is more screenshots from run I just did to see if Maxwell is still strong. Maybe add me to friends and we will play together.

I did use healing for bee queen but mainly because I messed up with phase 3. It caught me off guard. It's very much possible without healing. 

I also wasted a lot of jellybeans on dragonfly because I refused to take life giving amulet off and just tanked shadows without armor. 

A friend joined for twins but didn't actually do anything. I was too lazy to look for mandrake and just desided to tank them. Apperanetly I didn't need to since twins are changed now and you can actually dodge them without speed or armor. Still fight took forever due to stupid minions. I suggest to use flute spam anyways since minions will just waste too much time. 

Без названия (60).jpeg

Без названия (61).jpeg

Без названия (63).jpeg

Okay for beequeen are you joining in with your duelists and getting hits in on her or just focusing on caging grumble bees and kiting shadows while your duelists focus on beequeen?

Also for Twins is 3 panflutes enough to kill both eyes without them charging (assuming you have full tier 2 items on summoning 5 duelists) or would you have to get them to phase 2 first?

On 11/29/2022 at 11:44 PM, Maxwell Main said:

Okay for beequeen are you joining in with your duelists and getting hits in on her or just focusing on caging grumble bees and kiting shadows while your duelists focus on beequeen?

Just experiment with her a bit. There are multiple ways to fight considering you have a total of 3 spells and ability to melee. Use whichever method you like. 

45 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Just experiment with her a bit. There are multiple ways to fight considering you have a total of 3 spells and ability to melee. Use whichever method you like. 

Oh actually I see you explained it a bit more reading your other comment, from what I understand you’re keeping her and the grumbles distracted on you while the duelists attack her and only in phase 3 you use the cage? 

Archived