[Game Update] - 530684

so working out the idea
1- remove the damage part from each Tier of shadow equipment
2- add an intermidiate buff in shadow manipulator ( 30/35 damage? or even 40?)
3- add an full buff to 50/55 damage shadow duellists to forbidden knolowage from archives
4- Add the ability to do shadow pillars on a forbidden knolowage from the archives
5-if want maxwell still get specific equip, make this the base codex umbra usage timer, then when you add the equip you can spam your shadow duellists and OR all your magic faster, have to see if shadow prision become's too op if those timers goes down.
what you guys think?

buffing the overwall damage,  buffing the cast timers , but locking it by some knolowage and abilty on the game because you dont need to do any boss, but you need to do lunar staff event

• Like 1
  • Health 1

24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

improving the codex makes no sense lorewise (how do maxwell improve a book that isnt wrote by him and, according to wortox, dont know how to fully use?) and is less original and fitting that maxwell using nightmere power from his items

also improving the codex instead of the equipment means that you can play like always without making decisions about what to wear which is x1000 less interesting 

Making decisions about what to wear because of a limitation is far less interesting than being able to choose what to wear, at least for me and from what I see for most people.
And there are many ways for him to improve the codex making lore sense as you said he doesn't have full knowledge of the codex, just the update is described with him learning to use it better or something else.
Just be honest and say: I like the idea of upgrading by gear more than a codex upgrade and not by a non-existent lore limitation, it's not a problem, I myself have controversial opinions on a lot of things that people liked.

6 minutes ago, edulopes said:

5-if want maxwell still get specific equip, make this the base codex umbra usage timer, then when you add the equip you can spam your shadow duellists and OR all your magic faster, have to see if shadow prision become's too op if those timers goes down.
what you guys think?

Animation timing should be improved without condition.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, King Maxwell said:

Making decisions about what to wear because of a limitation is far less interesting than being able to choose what to wear, at least for me and from what I see for most people.
And there are many ways for him to improve the codex making lore sense as you said he doesn't have full knowledge of the codex, just the update is described with him learning to use it better or something else.
Just be honest and say: I like the idea of upgrading by gear more than a codex upgrade and not by a non-existent lore limitation, it's not a problem, I myself have controversial opinions on a lot of things that people liked.

that is why my idea is this, make both worlds possible, buffs the cast timers if you want, and dont tie your dps to equip, making less obligatory but more rewarding for using it

3 minutes ago, King Maxwell said:

Animation timing should be improved without condition.

that is what i think too, but that way we can make all people happy, as i said more reward less obligation

now is an obligation to use those equips, if you dont use you dont do damage

• Like 1

Just now, edulopes said:

that is why my idea is this, make both worlds possible, buffs the cast timers if you want, and dont tie your dps to equip, making less obligatory but more rewarding for using it

But it's tying cast times to equipment again and they need polishing without it being tied to anything, cast times are just bad as is.
For me at least keeping the scale would just remove the equipment limitation and play in the codex, I don't even think you should restrict spells to codex updates most of the problem with shadow pillars is boss limitation which for me at least is more a cheese technique and not a problem with the spell.
Shadow pillars is also one of the few things I'm still happy with about the rework so I may be being selfish but I don't want to spoil it.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

1 minute ago, King Maxwell said:

But it's tying cast times to equipment again and they need polishing without it being tied to anything, cast times are just bad as is.
For me at least keeping the scale would just remove the equipment limitation and play in the codex, I don't even think you should restrict spells to codex updates most of the problem with shadow pillars is boss limitation which for me at least is more a cheese technique and not a problem with the spell.
Shadow pillars is also one of the few things I'm still happy with about the rework so I may be being selfish but I don't want to spoil it.

it wont spoil it, and you wont need to kill any boss is just killing the lunar event

but i know your fear, and i am the same here. i like the walls as like them are but this makes them at least not day 1 available
or even they can only lock up bosses after forbidden knolowage

3 minutes ago, edulopes said:

it wont spoil it, and you wont need to kill any boss is just killing the lunar event

The problem isn't killing the boss, it's blocking a cool spell to use in the beginning behind an update.
I talked about bosses because the "problem" they see in the spell so far is its strength against some bosses that I see more like cheese that can be fixed without changing the spell than a problem with the spell itself.

• Like 1

Just now, King Maxwell said:

I talked about bosses because the "problem" they see in the spell so far is its strength against some bosses that I see more like cheese that can be fixed without changing the spell than a problem with the spell itself.

the problem is the boss AI, but what you think about doing that? locking the boss locking abilities, to archives, 

Just now, King Maxwell said:

Currently the only thing I really want is better cast times, with that I would be extremely happy.
Otherwise, I've given up and left it to klei to do the best.

Never give up, we maxwell mains will be happy and i will figth for us till the end we will find an middle ground for everyone

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

1 minute ago, King Maxwell said:

Проблема не в убийстве босса, а в блокировке классного заклинания для использования в начале после обновления.
Я говорил о боссах, потому что «проблема», которую они видят в заклинании до сих пор, заключается в его силе против некоторых боссов, которых я вижу больше как сыр, который можно исправить, не меняя заклинание, чем проблема с самим заклинанием.

I understand your point of view. Whereas the idea is to limit the very possibility of catching bosses into a trap (or adding strength to pillars so that it is possible to break them) until an appropriate level is increased. I also really like the walls in their current form and would not want to change anything, but I also feel very sorry for the same guardian of the ruins, who can do absolutely nothing with Maxwell even at the beginning of the game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, King Maxwell said:

When duelists hit an enemy he is marked for x seconds, marked enemies take 20% + damage from shadow weapons equipped by maxwell

this looks good. klei did this with abigail so that wendy is rewarded for actually getting in the fight herself, and not just relying on abigail to easily kill everything

I also think leveling up the codex as others mentioned is a much better idea than the current build-limiting route

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 1

If Shadow Servants had 2~3 inventory slots, to better compete with lazy amulet after buff. And the shadow creatures didn't scare them, it would be perfect for me.

Maybe a range improvement holding Shadow Thurible.

There's a lot about duelists and little about servants' important QOL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

Never give up, we maxwell mains will be happy and i will figth for us till the end we will find an middle ground for everyone

I'm a Maxwell main and I really like where he is. His duelists add a lot more DPS than I was expecting from this rework even at base level. Equipping shadow items makes them even better. I guess I get how it's inconvenient if you don't want to use the same shadow items, but Maxwell"s damage output is still incredible

• Like 3
  • Wavey 1

25 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

this looks good. klei did this with abigail so that wendy is rewarded for actually getting in the fight herself, and not just relying on abigail to easily kill everything

I also think leveling up the codex as others mentioned is a much better idea than the current build-limiting route

How is this build limiting? All the good gear is included.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I'm a Maxwell main and I really like where he is. His duelists add a lot more DPS than I was expecting from this rework even at base level. Equipping shadow items makes them even better. I guess I get how it's inconvenient if you don't want to use the same shadow items, but Maxwell"s damage output is still incredible

well at least most of the ones i am reading wants some changes in some ways, me too, from a base level maxwell rework miss somethings for a bit

like wickerbottom rework gave her all power no downside, looking now maybie the only downside to her is to maxwell being able to use her books in eyes of some people

i am asking for just cast timers, and some adaptability for people, so that they arent obliged to use certain magic itens

• Health 1

49 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

I don't think it should be added without the change I proposed to make them more disposable and less resistant, this damage increase would be to compensate for the time of summoning a minion that would die in 1 - 2 hits as without the extra damage it would be a loss of dps to summon duelists to fight by your side, as it is currently this extra damage would be excessive.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Yes, I can't complain about Maxwell's current damage output (as much as I don't think he should have that much dps) but I would like a lot of changes to him. haha ha
Unfortunately klei already abandoned the original idea of more disposable shadows which was much more interesting to me.

Now wait for her to improve the cast times so I'll be happy. xD

I would like aggro to stop redirecting to maxwell too, his duelists currently become more annoyance when dealing with spider nests and bishops what an advantage but I believe it's purposeful to use only against bosses and if that's the idea it's ok but if not for could rethink.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

well at least most of the ones i am reading wants some changes in some ways, me too, from a base level maxwell rework miss somethings for a bit

like wickerbottom rework gave her all power no downside, looking now maybie the only downside to her is to maxwell being able to use her books in eyes of some people

i am asking for just cast timers, and some adaptability for people, so that they arent obliged to use certain magic itens

Wickerbottom's rework gave her a huge downside though, yeah? She used to be able to spam books over and over again, even when she was insane until eventually a nightmare creature spawned and she had to deal with it. Now it happens immediately. 

It makes sense for Maxwell to have his powers heightened when he's using magic items, he's a magic character. He needed a unique interaction with those items and simple damage increases aren't it. He does enough damage. I think having the sword buff his fighters was a great touch, personally. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Wickerbottom's rework gave her a huge downside though, yeah? She used to be able to spam books over and over again, even when she was insane until eventually a nightmare creature spawned and she had to deal with it. Now it happens immediately. 

but the pros are much worth it, and is easy enough to use bone helm (that is part of maxwell kit) sanity food and lunar island

5 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

It makes sense for Maxwell to have his powers heightened when he's using magic items, he's a magic character. He needed a unique interaction with those items and simple damage increases aren't it. He does enough damage. I think having the sword buff his fighters was a great touch, personally. 

for me too, but i think it would be better the cast timer be changed by that and the damage fixed by doing some marks as i said here

2 hours ago, edulopes said:

so working out the idea
1- remove the damage part from each Tier of shadow equipment
2- add an intermidiate buff in shadow manipulator ( 30/35 damage? or even 40?)
3- add an full buff to 50/55 damage shadow duellists to forbidden knolowage from archives
4- Add the ability to do shadow pillars on a forbidden knolowage from the archives
what you guys think?

buffing the overwall damage,  buffing the cast timers , but locking it by some knolowage and abilty on the game because you dont need to do any boss, but you need to do lunar staff event

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

improving the codex makes no sense lorewise (how do maxwell improve a book that isnt wrote by him and, according to wortox, dont know how to fully use?) and is less original and fitting that maxwell using nightmere power from his items

also improving the codex instead of the equipment means that you can play like always without making decisions about what to wear which is x1000 less interesting 

Personally I think it makes perfect sense lore wise, as Maxwell lost many pages to his codex when being chased by hounds. 

Also it's not like he would fix the book with his "own" power as he has none. Instead piecing together the magic power naturally found throughout the constant.

Imo the current system isn't interesting because there is no difference between the tiers except for straight damage increases. Once you have the bone armor+helmet+thurible why would you ever downgrade? The bone armor makes you near immortal already and the bone helmet makes having low sanity a none issue. There really isn't anything interesting that sets the different tiers apart. 

In Truth the way gear progression works for Maxwell would not be different from upgrading his codex over time. Because once you've reached a new tier, there wouldn't be a reason to turn back.  

For example Maxwell could turn the power of certain bosses into pages for his codex. Trap them with his shadow cage and syphon their sanity powers to turn it into said pages. Four tiers, a page from the shadow pieces, a page from deercloos, a page from AG, and a final page from fuel weaver. 

When your strongest powers are tied to the strongest gear in the game it's a no brainer. I don't have an issue with current progression too much but something to think about.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, edulopes said:

but the pros are much worth it, and is easy enough to use bone helm (that is part of maxwell kit) sanity food and lunar island

It nerfed a lot of stuff about her though, and we shouldn't dismiss it. She can't do her OP tentacle trap thing anymore because she can't spam read the books.

56 minutes ago, edulopes said:

for me too, but i think it would be better the cast timer be changed by that and the damage fixed by doing some marks as i said here

I can agree on cast timers, but I wouldn't be too heartbroken if they weren't touched. I personally prefer the shadow/magic gear over the marks, but that's just my opinion though.

• GL Happy 1