[Game Update] - 530684

• Developer

Changes

• Shadow Servants, Polly Rogers, and the Lazy Forager will no longer automatically pick up:
    • Blueprints, Cooking Recipe Cards, Sketches, Lavae Tooth, and Fans.
    • These items were selected due to their high negative impact on a player’s experience when something automatically picks them up.
  • Added speech hints for Maxwell regarding equipment that boosts shadow puppets’ power.
  • Maxwell can now cancel out of his spell casting animation slightly faster.
  • Magician’s Top Hat will no longer be interrupted when dropping items directly from inventory or containers.
  • Nightmare Fuel will no longer get wet.
  • The attack key will no longer auto-target shadow creatures that aren’t attacking you while wearing the Bone Helm.
  • Increased duration of creatures transformed by Shadow Sneak.
  • Increased duration before Shadow Sneak times out if it isn’t triggered.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where performing actions can sometimes drop Magician’s Top Hat if you were in the middle of using it.
  • Fixed bug with some creatures and Thermal Stone’s light after being placed into the shadow dimensional storage.
  • Fixed bug with Maxwell’s sanity level if he died with summoned shadow puppets.
  • Fixed the inventory icon art for the Palmcone Sprout.
  • Fixed a crash with Polly Rogers not finding a valid spawn location.

View full update

• Like 41
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2
  • Wavey 3
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 2

7 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Maxwell can now cancel out of his spell casting animation slightly faster.
  • The attack key will no longer auto-target shadow creatures that aren’t attacking you while wearing the Bone Helm.

These two are massive. Thank you so much for everything you do Klei! :wickerbottomthanks:

• Like 14
  • Big Ups 1

Well let's see if those help enough...
but i still think the shadow sword, armor and hat should be tier III, and all fuel weaver set tier IV
still waiting on shadow servants not be feared for nigthmare creatures and serval other things i discussed and made posts of

But in the end thanks for you hard work klei:wilson_love:

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Instant-Noodles said:

This patch added a ready animation for Shadow Duelists:

Shadow Duelist - Ready Animation

Hide contents

ready_stance_loop_down.gif.64718ed623fcef4d300eb2c2caf4db6f.gif ready_stance_loop_side.gif.b526305c8b6ef078c1a0daf5d97d19fa.gif

i love it, its better than just standing there and attacking, gives them more personality

Edited by K0rrt
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, edulopes said:

i personally didnt feel any diference, only me?

It's a very small change, about 0.4 seconds. Previously Maxwell would have to wait for the book to be completely put away in the animation, now he can move right after closing the book.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

10 minutes ago, K0rrt said:

yeah it only happens when he is going to close his book, in that little moment you can cancel the animation

but it was like that before...

8 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

It's a very small change, about 0.4 seconds. Previously Maxwell would have to wait for the book to be completely put away in the animation, now he can move right after closing the book.

oh

i wonder, why can i cancel wickerboottom's books faster than his

her books dosent even need to go up

THIS is what we wanted.... or at least i hoped

Edited by edulopes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

Well let's see if those help enough...
but i still think the shadow sword, armor and hat should be tier III, and all fuel weaver set tier IV
still waiting on shadow servants not be feared for nigthmare creatures and serval other things i discussed and made posts of

But in the end thanks for you hard work klei:wilson_love:

I agree, even when maxwell equips bone suit and nightmare sword, damage of duelists are 52, it's kinda not worth.

well i am going to get some sleep, this rework sadly is taking an grim turn for me, from an perfect day to a 3/4 days in a row that, the more i test it the more i am disapointed when i think about the why of certain things,
in the end both is reading a book, and wicker's dont need to be read during figths,
caster mode needs an beefalo to be relevant And totatlly endgame gear.
figther maxwell dont give you the rewards necessary for using him, in the end maxwell will be niched to be an logger for eternity, and a waller if they dont nerf shadow prision

and dont give me the argument that maxwell is a good figther, on this regard, he loses to all exclusive figthers, loses to wurt, and maybie equal to spiced+volt goat (wet enemy) caracter
to win in DPS reguard he needs endgame gear locked behind an boss that many players cant kill, while the top  dps just need some nigthmare fuel, thulecite, and living logs ( alarming clock or nigth sword)
maxwell needs to re-cast too many times his shadows because they dont tank enough, would be easier to simply press F, so in my eyes if klei is afraid of buffing his personal damage and inteds to make his figths longer making space for errors ( that is an point of view of ballancing things) they should at least make easier and less stressful using them, because the inconsistency of focus and the time consumed to spawn them is frustrating and not fun

i just didnt want to maxwell be an farmer for life, but yeah it will probably and sadly be the fact
but i hope not, and i will keep to play the maximum with him and look to do the best of f my personal opinion to make this caracter fun ballanced and just for everyone until the last day of beta, if needed or if my opnion is not needed anymore

• Like 10

I was expecting more changes after 14 pages of discussions to previous update, can we go back to the game update - 529998? Maxwell fighting with night armor, dark sword with maximum damage was perfect. Night armor almost identify him plus there isn't much to do after you get your end gear.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Starling said:

I was expecting more changes after 14 pages of discussions to previous update, can we go back to the game update - 529998? Maxwell fighting with night armor, dark sword with maximum damage was perfect. Night armor almost identify him plus there isn't much to do after you get your end gear.

Yes, even if the final equipment is thulium mine suit, it is much better than bone suit

• Like 5

1 hour ago, V2C said:

The attack key will no longer auto-target shadow creatures that aren’t attacking you while wearing the Bone Helm.

Any plans for making the thurible a more unique shadow tier "weapon"? A dark sword heavily outshines it in damage. 

Maybe a aoe effect when dropped on the ground? Similair to how it behaves by it cancelling fuelweaver's bone cage?

22 minutes ago, edulopes said:

I don't really like this idea of having to equip specific items every time I fight, but calm down, that's overkill. The rework turned Maxwell from a monotonous character that was only good for one thing into a super interactive character with very fun mechanics, he may not be surpassing Wolfgang in DPS but he's not far below either, and that's no reason to say the rework was bad.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, whiteking said:

Yes, even if the final equipment is thulium mine suit, it is much better than bone suit

I agree, after they changed it the bone gear some people who play Maxwell made really good points with their feedbacks, thats why I'm so disappointed, are they not heard or simply ignored? I don't think they get 14 pages of feedbacks to every refresh. You have us hooked Klei please use our suggestions :D

• Like 2