[Game Update] - 530684

So the gear tiers nonsense stays then?

Opinion warning:

At first i was interested in this refresh i thought to myself - hey that's pretty neat they just need to maybe adjust things like nerf the shadow prision to not work on bosses or add diminishing returns to it. And fix the aggro.

Well they fixed the aggro but they also decided to add these unintuitive poorly explained/showcased gear tiers scaling for the Duelists and nerfed Duelists base damage to the ground.

I honestly lost interest in this refresh.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shopcat 1

12 hours ago, Arcwell said:

Seeing a lot of complaints about 44 damage from dark sword + night armor + magic hat being worse than the 60 from thurible + bone armor + bone helm.

It's still a lot of damage, guys:

Much faster than I do it with Wolfgang.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

would they? is it the same for the forest version?

Just tested, duelists do attack reanimated skeleton while thurible is out both in overworld and caves.
The reanimated skeleton in the caves also attacks the duelists which is pretty funny.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 3

2 hours ago, edulopes said:

prove it

About ten minutes with a hambat, maybe I can do it faster with a shadow sword.  However, I will not change character for it after this rework.

2 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

would they? is it the same for the forest version?

Klei never said that duelists don't attack the skeleton.

I have got some time to play with the new Maxwell a bit. I feel like they mess up kiting pattern, making it way harder to fight with them. It sounds really good on paper, but it seems  very impractical. Now, there's just no reason to summon them. If summoning minions is gonna make the fight harder and cost resources, why should I? Correct me if I am wrong here.

• Like 1

Would be really nice if Shadow Sneak had some more interactions. Maby transforming flowers to evil flowers or even pigs to werepigs. Or even maby kill gestalts in the spells range since gestalts were negatively effected by the Charlie's nighmare torch in an animated short. Stuff like this would be nice little details since the spell is not something I imagine would be used a lot in game at its current state.

• Like 1

I personally love the change of the shadow creatures not being targeted by default attack anymore. Although I still think that the fuelweaver gear should be buffed by at least 5-10 damage because it’s endgame gear. Also, I would personally like the casting time to be canceled by walking, this would make bosses just a little easier.

this is just my opinion though, so do what you guys want. Love the work you guys put into this game!

• Like 1
  • Health 1

14 hours ago, V2C said:

The attack key will no longer auto-target shadow creatures that aren’t attacking you while wearing the Bone Helm

other players still can attack the shadows by pressing F... making this maxwell playstile in groups is bad

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

other players still can attack the shadows by pressing F... making this maxwell playstile in groups is bad

That implies other players are insane, in which case they'd want to be attacking the thing attacking them.

1 hour ago, POOH_LY said:

I have got some time to play with the new Maxwell a bit. I feel like they mess up kiting pattern, making it way harder to fight with them. It sounds really good on paper, but it seems  very impractical. Now, there's just no reason to summon them. If summoning minions is gonna make the fight harder and cost resources, why should I? Correct me if I am wrong here.

What do you mean mess up kiting pattern?

1 hour ago, LeafyFly said:

About ten minutes with a hambat, maybe I can do it faster with a shadow sword.  However, I will not change character for it after this rework.

2 hours ago, LeafyFly said:

No, six minutes is fast enough for me.

it takes me six minutes as wolf with a ham bat lol

2 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

it takes me six minutes as wolf with a ham bat lol

To be honest, I haven't tested how long it takes me to kill Celestial Champion with Wolfgang. All I know is it takes about a day. Maybe someone can do it within four minutes, but it's only two minutes advantage. How long will it take Wolfgang to get the logs that Maxwell gets in four minutes? I mean Maxwell is strong enough and we shouldn't talk endlessly about Duelists.

Edited by LeafyFly
  • Like 1

I think people are looking at the new mechanics narrowly. Sure, shadow fighters don't deal much damage, though I would disagree because his shadows dealing 44 damage with the standard shadow armor/sword plus hat is already cool, and considering the fact that you can summon 6 of them, it's 240 damage already. Maxwell also is not limited with duelists, he can summon other things like shadow prison meaning he is able to take the control over the enemies which can be determinant in some situations.

Remember that DST is a co-op game, no character should be able to solo fight all the bosses in the game, nor should they be able to deal tons of damage per hit without the help of the other survivors. I personally think that Max should be a powerful support character that can also stand for himself when needed, like Warly but with different mechanics and use.

If everyone's going to be DPS, what fun of a game will it be?

Edited by Linnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • Like 5