[Game Update] - 530684

13 minutes ago, Linnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

Remember that DST is a co-op game, no character should be able to solo fight all the bosses in the game

But you know that many people play solo don't you? So you can't exclude any possibility.

2 hours ago, Mert_TR said:

Would be really nice if Shadow Sneak had some more interactions. Maby transforming flowers to evil flowers or even pigs to werepigs. Or even maby kill gestalts in the spells range since gestalts were negatively effected by the Charlie's nighmare torch in an animated short. Stuff like this would be nice little details since the spell is not something I imagine would be used a lot in game at its current state.

The features your asking for actually more properly belong on Wendy.. why?? Because if an actual Dead Human player haunts a flower or pig as a Ghost they can sometimes force transform them. And the torch Charlie used in the short was embedded with Enlightenment, not shadow powers. (Hence why the flame was white and not shadowy black)

Edited by Mike23Ua

36 minutes ago, SullyD said:

But you know that many people play solo don't you? So you can't exclude any possibility.

Yes, you can also kill the dragonfly with a fishing rod, so should devs buff that too? DST is a coop game, and that means it should be played coop, not solo. Solo worlds are usually plain sandboxes for their owners, those who want to play alone can buy the original DS and download mods that add refresh mechanics to characters, I am sure there are modifications for this.I am just saying that every character is supposed to have their own role in the group, making everyone fully universal and strong for the minority who plays alone will simply kill the fun of cooperating.

I don't have any complaints about the refresh for now, except for the book animation time which is really too long. Maxwell has become as powerful as the other characters, and he just needs polishing. I've been maining him for years, and I can say that maxwell is NOT supposed to be DPS at all. Again, as I see it, he should be a powerful support but not the second wolfgang/wigfrid. As well as his shadows should be a great and helpful reinforcement, but not the only thing that can kill any boss in a minute. Make it up to 5 minutes at least, please?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Linnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

Yes, you can also kill the dragonfly with a fishing rod, so should devs buff that too? DST is a coop game, and that means it should be played coop, not solo. Solo worlds are usually plain sandboxes for their owners, those who want to play alone can buy the original DS and download mods that add refresh mechanics to characters, I am sure there are modifications for this.I am just saying that every character is supposed to have their own role in the group, making everyone fully universal and strong for the minority who plays alone will simply kill the fun of cooperating.

I don't have any complaints about the refresh for now, except for the book animation time which is really too long. Maxwell has become as powerful as the other characters, and he just needs polishing. I've been maining him for years, and I can say that maxwell is NOT supposed to be DPS at all. Again, as I see it, he should be a powerful support but not the second wolfgang/wigfrid. As well as his shadows should be a great and helpful reinforcement, but not the only thing that can kill any boss in a minute. Make it up to 5 minutes at least, please?

I have a problem with the current durability of duelists vs bosses but it seems that everyone is fine. =/

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Linnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

the game should stay able to be played solo like always. There can be a balance for both ways of playing

other thing is that people forget that everything can be done as wilson with intended strategies

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the game should stay able to be played solo like always. There can be a balance for both ways of playing

other thing is that people forget that everything can be done as wilson with intended strategies

Who says it should?

I mean it in a way that solo shouldn't be the main priority. Don't starve together was meant to be played... together. And I honestly can't understand people complaining they can't solo some boss in this game. In my view, it should be an option, but it should be taking much, much more time and skill. After all, it's an uncompromising game, though I'm starting to doubt it more and more every year.

3 minutes ago, Linnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

Who says it should?

I mean it in a way that solo shouldn't be the main priority. Don't starve together was meant to be played... together. And I honestly can't understand people complaining they can't solo some boss in this game. In my view, it should be an option, but it should be taking much, much more time and skill. After all, it's an uncompromising game, though I'm starting to doubt it more and more every year.

seems like i miss understood your message

My personal opinion, as well as that of some players, is the introduction of an "improvement" of Maxwell's book by level (if we still want a leveling system ... Such as for me would be better than the one that is now). Wickerbot already has something similar, there are books "Level 1" and "Level 2". It would also be possible to make it so that with new levels of the book new spells would be opened (that is, at the beginning of the game, block them (except, for example, clones (they can be reduced in number or damage)), and put the "wall" spell on last level (because the spell is often very powerful) In the mid to late game (when the book is at the last level) shadow damage could be left at 50-55 (kind of the golden mean), because for some people 60 is a lot, and 40 is very little.
P.S. I used a translator because English is not my native language. I hope my thought will not be lost after the translation).

• Like 5
  • Health 1

13 minutes ago, Elfrey said:

My personal opinion, as well as that of some players, is the introduction of an "improvement" of Maxwell's book by level (if we still want a leveling system ... Such as for me would be better than the one that is now). Wickerbot already has something similar, there are books "Level 1" and "Level 2". It would also be possible to make it so that with new levels of the book new spells would be opened (that is, at the beginning of the game, block them (except, for example, clones (they can be reduced in number or damage)), and put the "wall" spell on last level (because the spell is often very powerful) In the mid to late game (when the book is at the last level) shadow damage could be left at 50-55 (kind of the golden mean), because for some people 60 is a lot, and 40 is very little.
P.S. I used a translator because English is not my native language. I hope my thought will not be lost after the translation).

that is an great idea being sincere with you, i agree

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Linnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

those who want to play alone can buy the original DS

Do you realize what you are saying is very rude? I play DS since there was no multiplayer, when biomes were just circles and I had to study science points. The original DS is no longer the focus of updates and is much lower content than the Together. Being a co-op game doesn't mean you are obligated to play with someone else.

46 minutes ago, Linnnnnnnnnnnnn said:

that means it should be played coop, not solo.

image.png.be738a24772eb9803cf413d3764cbb90.png

image.png.8acba55a469455a9264b0649b435aa93.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Do you realize what you are saying is very rude? I play DS since there was no multiplayer, when biomes were just circles and I had to study science points. The original DS is no longer the focus of updates and is much lower content than the Together. Being a co-op game doesn't mean you are obligated to play with someone else.

image.png.be738a24772eb9803cf413d3764cbb90.png

image.png.8acba55a469455a9264b0649b435aa93.png

I agree in the sense that DST doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a multiplayer game. This is because there are single player modes, besides, what if somebody wants content exclusive to DST in single player?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Elfrey said:

I only disagree with releasing spells per level, especially wall is a cool spell to play with from the beginning.
Progression by codex umbra is 1000% better than what is currently done.

Edited by King Maxwell
  • Like 3

improving the codex makes no sense lorewise (how do maxwell improve a book that isnt wrote by him and, according to wortox, dont know how to fully use?) and is less original and fitting that maxwell using nightmere power from his items

also improving the codex instead of the equipment means that you can play like always without making decisions about what to wear which is x1000 less interesting 

8 minutes ago, TitanicTigrex said:

Sorry, I’m not sure what that has to do with playing dst single player?

some players say solo maxwell is "so broken" just trowing in the air for some people, not you necesarly. and solo DST is able to be played with the caracter you want with the challange you want... some people said maxwell breaks the ballance, but oh well 

improving the codex makes no sense lorewise (how do maxwell improve a book that isnt wrote by him and, according to wortox, dont know how to fully use?) and is less original and fitting that maxwell using nightmere power from his items

also improving the codex instead of the equipment means that you can play like always without making decisions about what to wear which is x1000 less interesting 

Maybe he could translate some of the unknown script?

maybie the spawn timers speed should go with it? like spawn faster using the shadow gear? so in that way at least they can buff those abnoxious cdr to be freed of codex umbra

Just now, TitanicTigrex said:

Maybe he could translate some of the unknown script?

maybie in the archives

some knolowage?

even maxwell say he didnt know about that