Make the Bone Helmet refuelable

3 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

The thing is that you can get plenty of them if you set up a fuelweaver farm which isn't a lot needed to be made. Also the fact that none of us are trying to cherish them that much more of the fact that any durability lost would lead closer to breaking meaning hundreds of shadows going to bite our faces off once it breaks or somehow is lost. It's less of an armor and more of a magical item with specific uses. Like bee queen crowns, better for deconstruction.

Not everybody has the skill and time to setup a fuelweaver farm. Many people simply want a sustainable way to have a great end game armor. The bone helm and bone armor are "supposed" to be paired together for their use. If its a magical item then it wouldn't have protection. The Bone helm makes you immune to shadows but has only 70% damage reduction while the bone armor has 100% damage reduction for 1 hit per 5 seconds. Its quite a balanced armor set and they are meant to see combat together, and people don't use it for it. Like I said, the bone helm is the only drop from fuelweaver that can't be refueled. Its meh for deconstruction, offering only 10 bone shards and some nightmare fuel when deconstructed. 

2 hours ago, Notecja said:

I am afraid that change will be not fully right for that item. At some point would pile as same way as bone armours, unless deconstructed. Also bone helmet is quite durable and I am The Armour Shredder and The Bonemaker MK2.

This point is quite theoredical, since I've never seen anyone complain that there's a pile of bone armor or bone helmets. In fact, everyone wants their own bone helmet and armor. 945 damage protection is not "that" durable, compared to the thulecite crown's 840 which is cheap to make with a construction amulet. The thulecite crown offers 90% damage reduction while the bone helm provides only 70%, so making the helmet refuelable with nightmare fuel (say 20% per nf) would be balanced in my opinion. 

10 hours ago, Wenhelxing said:

taming a beefalo is already tedious and takes a lot of time. Not everybody wants to tame a beefalo in the first place.

Obtaining the bone helm takes way more time.

9 hours ago, Wenhelxing said:

You've gotta be trolling. You expect everybody to kite like speedrunners and pros, there's nothing else to say. 

There are plenty of alternatives. Ride a beefalo, have multiple sets of bone armor, unequip the helmet whenever bone armor is on cool down, don't wear the helmet in combat, get multiple helmets. If you don't want to do any of that then the only option left is "don't get hit".

5 hours ago, Wenhelxing said:

The repairing process could use either bone shards or nightmare fuel. Say each nf fuels 10% or each boneshard fuels 10%. Not everybody wants to beat fuelweaver multiple times, at least give them a choice. You shouldn't force progression in my opinion. You'll need to reset the ruins by killing fw, do why not do it then? We need more gear freedom imo

Most people don't even kill afw a single time, I don't know what you're talking about with "forced progression". But you bring up a good point, killing him resets the ruins so you should be doing it multiple times anyways.

I'm glad the bone helm works the way it does because it gives what you say is good, gear diversity. It's an expensive but powerful helmet that requires you to use one of the many things I said in the second paragraph. If you want tank and spank armor that's already in the game with things like marble suits and football helmets, the bone helm doesn't need to lose its identity just so it's as easy to use as the rest. It makes perfect sense that the hardest helmet to obtain is the hardest to use.

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Most people don't even kill afw a single time, I don't know what you're talking about with "forced progression". But you bring up a good point, killing him resets the ruins so you should be doing it multiple times anyways.

I've said it and I'll say it again. Bone helmet and armor are supposed to work in pairs. People are not utilizing bone helmet to its full potential since they are afraid of draining its durability. They only use it for nightmare fuel farming and the celestial champion fight. They would put bone helmet to use in niche scenarios instead of utilizing it as proper armor. Adding the ability to fuel it gives light to those that use nightmare fuel on a regular basis. Instead of collecting dust in your chest or only used occasionally, I've found out that pairing bone armor and helmet together makea pretty good combo in combat. For those making the argument that you can kill fw many times, think about short term worlds that only get to reset the ruins once or those that have lots of people on them. Bone equipment is in highdemand except for solo worlds. If you're skilled enough to farm afw, just deconstruct the extra bone helms if you don't feel like it.It gives you 10 boneshards afterall. Its not gonna affect those that have skill. You're just quoting game balance instead of what's fun. I've seen people with the same attitude towards the maxwell rework ''ooh pillars too op! Duelists are too good!'' Just make the game more fun Klei, forget ''balance'' suggestions and focus on making this update fun and qol improving. 

whats the point in not having it refuelable? You can have armor that never breaks? What about football helmets or the eye of cuthulu drop. You have literally just killed the last boss in the game whats the point anymore, I think making it refuelable is a very good idea.

2 hours ago, Wenhelxing said:

People are not utilizing bone helmet to its full potential since they are afraid of draining its durability. They only use it for nightmare fuel farming and the celestial champion fight. They would put bone helmet to use in niche scenarios instead of utilizing it as proper armor. Adding the ability to fuel it gives light to those that use nightmare fuel on a regular basis. Instead of collecting dust in your chest or only used occasionally, I've found out that pairing bone armor and helmet together makea pretty good combo in combat.

I dont think people arent using the bone helm because they are afraid of draining they durability but probably because its not that interesting. There are better armor in the game and unless you're at lunar island, I find it visually annoying to have shadow creatures around you during a fight. We have the beequeen crown, which has a way more usefull special effect, and I dont see people afraid of using it so I dont think the issue with the bone helm (if there is one) is its durability or refuelability.

Also, I dont understand why you should be afraid of losing durability on armor, that's their goal. They are not decorative museum item, if you're afraid of breaking them, be more carefull, dont get hit or dont use it until you're confident enough to take minimal damages.

2 hours ago, Wenhelxing said:

You're just quoting game balance instead of what's fun. I've seen people with the same attitude towards the maxwell rework ''ooh pillars too op! Duelists are too good!'' Just make the game more fun Klei, forget ''balance'' suggestions and focus on making this update fun and qol improving.

Your definition of "fun" is subjective. For me a fun game IS balanced so klei shouldnt ignore it.

2 hours ago, kuroite said:

Your definition of "fun" is subjective. For me a fun game IS balanced so klei shouldnt ignore it.

Stop trying to be "the reasonable guy", there are many other characters more OP than Maxwell and you argue that the fun is "balancing", everyone finds fun where they want, that's a co-op, I keep saying that, you're just another hater.

Oh, what an interesting detail... what is that in your picture? A Warly? AHHHHH yes, spicy volt goat jelly is what you define as ''BALANCED'' ? LMAO

7 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Stop trying to be "the reasonable guy", there are many other characters more OP than Maxwell and you argue that the fun "iS BaLaNcInG", everyone finds fun where they want it, that's a co-op, I don't get tired of saying that, you're just another hater.

Dude, calm down. There was no need to call names. Furthermore, people have different opinions which can be either right or wrong. It’s not about who is right or wrong, it’s about making the experience fun for EVERYONE (that includes the people who you don’t necessarily agree with)

As for my opinion on the subject, I think an item that comes from one of the final bosses SHOULD be refuelable.

8 minutes ago, TitanicTigrex said:

Dude, calm down. There was no need to call names. Furthermore, people have different opinions which can be either right or wrong. It’s not about who is right or wrong, it’s about making the experience fun for EVERYONE (that includes the people who you don’t necessarily agree with)

As for my opinion on the subject, I think an item that comes from one of the final bosses SHOULD be refuelable.

I'm chill. I just find it very funny how there are so many hypocrites out there talking about ''balancing''.

The Klei forums does allow for arguments and name calling as long as there's no discrimination involved regarding race, gender, religion. Being critical of someone's behavior is ''chill''. He haven't dumped the f word or the n word on him. There's no real issue here, but I appreciate your opinion on the matter.

3 minutes ago, Wenhelxing said:

The Klei forums does allow for arguments and name calling as long as there's no discrimination involved regarding race, gender, religion. Being critical of someone's behavior is ''chill''. He haven't dumped the f word or the n word on him. There's no real issue here, but I appreciate your opinion on the matter.

I suppose that's fair, however I wouldn't call trying to make the game better "hypocritical" so long as they genuinely have good intentions. I appreciate you being so civil about this, thank you!

also, this could just be a misunderstanding, so ill lay off for a while unless I have something good to say. To close, I think we can all agree that we want at least a little change to maxwell and his gear, we will just have to let Klei decide what to do.

39 minutes ago, TitanicTigrex said:

I wouldn't call trying to make the game better "hypocritical"

Better? Who plays Maxwell does not find anything "better", the only ones who are saying this are the people who want nerf and more nerf and use nonsense excuses for this.

2 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Better? Who plays Maxwell does not find anything "better", the only ones who are saying this are the people who want nerf and more nerf and use nonsense excuses for this.

Whatever floats your boat… I guess?

Honestly I can’t wait for the next hotfix either way.

2 minutes ago, TitanicTigrex said:

Dude, I’ve wanted Maxwell’s minions buffed. You’re making a mistake.

But I'm not talking about you buddy, there are many discussions on the forum, in this topic for example, the guy who is talking about balancing plays Warly and loves to eat the volt goat jelly, for me is the most OP thing in the game, and there are no people asking for nerf, unlike what is happening with Maxwell.

2 minutes ago, SullyD said:

But I'm not talking about you buddy, there are many discussions on the forum, in this topic for example, the guy who is talking about balancing plays Warly and loves to eat the volt goat jelly, for me is the most OP thing in the game, and there are no people asking for nerf, unlike what is happening with Maxwell.

While I disagree that volt goat chaud-froid is the most overpowered thing in the game, I agree that Maxwell needs a buff. This is mainly because his fuelweaver level gear (in my opinion) has an underwhelming DPS compared to some of the best you can achieve (like Wolfgang). However, I don’t want to harp on those who have different opinions than I do because it just makes people feel worse. I digress, the point I’m trying to make here is don’t judge a book by its cover. (or in this case a player by their surface level views on a game)

5 hours ago, SullyD said:

Stop trying to be "the reasonable guy", there are many other characters more OP than Maxwell and you argue that the fun is "balancing", everyone finds fun where they want, that's a co-op, I keep saying that, you're just another hater.

Oh, what an interesting detail... what is that in your picture? A Warly? AHHHHH yes, spicy volt goat jelly is what you define as ''BALANCED'' ? LMAO

I wouldnt even care if chaud-froid were removed from the game if you think that's the sole reason I'm playing Warly. Stop putting word in my mouth when you clearly dont know my stance on the subject. Im also curious to know how Im a hater ...

5 hours ago, SullyD said:

Oh, what an interesting detail... what is that in your picture? A Warly? AHHHHH yes, spicy volt goat jelly is what you define as ''BALANCED''

cause as we all know, beating a boss a minute faster is the most unbalanced thing in the game.

here before thread gets locked

anyways I've yet to have a bone helm ever break so idc since I basically never use it, no it's not because I'm scared it'll break, it's because you automatically target shadows when you press F and they all turn against you which makes it incredibly annoying to use for combat and it only has 70% damage reduction so I find it pretty worthless, I'd rather just not go insane in the first place, the bee queen crown does the same thing but better for FW (and you can get it before that fight and not as a reward from it)

17 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

here before thread gets locked

anyways I've yet to have a bone helm ever break so idc since I basically never use it, no it's not because I'm scared it'll break, it's because you automatically target shadows when you press F and they all turn against you which makes it incredibly annoying to use for combat and it only has 70% damage reduction so I find it pretty worthless, I'd rather just not go insane in the first place, the bee queen crown does the same thing but better for FW (and you can get it before that fight and not as a reward from it)

that is why people are asking to nightamre creatures be the same as maxwell servants/duelists when you equip the bone helm

basically control+click to attack shadow creatures when using bone helm XD

Archived