Make the Bone Helmet refuelable

Maxwell will heavily rely on the bone helmet since he would be constantly insane and in need of nightmare fuel. Since all the other fuelweaver drops are refuelable, why not give the bone helm its well deserved quality of life change by making it refuelable and not break at 0%? We've already gone so far with this rework after all. People have been begging for this change for ages since they don't want to constantly farm fuelweaver for bonehelms

9 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I have never had bone helmet break on me in my entire life. 

Me neither, but I figure now that it has a unique interaction with Maxwell, I'll be using it a lot more in combat. I would only use it for safe insanity and nightmare fuel farming where I wasn't the one attacking the nightmare creatures. I never used it as actual armor

The bone helm, the bone armor are supposed to work together. They make the best combination in my opinion. If you can refuel the bone helm, it can give it a new opportunity in combat for regular players and maxwell.

16 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

While fighting with an ornery beefalo, the helmet literally never breaks, unless you fight spitters, bishops or mactusks wearing it (which you shouldn't)

taming a beefalo is already tedious and takes a lot of time. Not everybody wants to tame a beefalo in the first place.

Just now, TitanicTigrex said:

not everyone is good at kiting either

Sure, but a Maxwell player who managed to kill fuelweaver and now has invulnerability and immunity to sanity creatures should at least be able to last 5 seconds without getting hit, right?

Just now, Gi-Go said:

Sure, but a Maxwell player who managed to kill fuelweaver and now has invulnerability and immunity to sanity creatures should at least be able to last 5 seconds without getting hit, right?

that's one thing, yes. I was just referring to players in general lol.

2 minutes ago, Wenhelxing said:

You've gotta be trolling. You expect everybody to kite like speedrunners and pros, there's nothing else to say. 

Of course I'm trolling! You are complaining about bone helmet not being infinite even tho you cleary have bone armor that makes you completely immune to damage. Not to mention shadows dont even attack you, and Maxwell has a cage spell to keep others from reaching you. And with all that in mind bone helmet won't break until you take 1228 points of damage! This is absurd. 

3 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Of course I'm trolling! You are complaining about bone helmet not being infinite even tho you cleary have bone armor that makes you completely immune to damage. Not to mention shadows dont even attack you, and Maxwell has a cage spell to keep others from reaching you. And with all that in mind bone helmet won't break until you take 1228 points of damage! This is absurd. 

Bone armor has a cooldown and will not protect you at all during that cool down time. Bone helms are supposed to be end game gear, where you don't really need to worry about much anymore. I only re-do fuelweaver to reset the ruins and bonehelmet. My suggestion is supposed to be a quality of life change. If you dislike it, feel free, but know that people out there would love this change.

I wouldn't like this. It's inviting enough to do over the ruins cycle and beat that boss again, getting that helmet multiple times can be achieved before you get to break it by the many solutions you're offered to make them last instead of resulting in a massive buff like that when you can already make use of the very Bone Armor you get from the same fight, benefit from Beefalos to deny using a hand weapon and get further damage using the Thurible and save all durability on hit, you can also watch / kite better, it's valid ways and there's more, even a Snurtle Shell would be sweet to use, or just deny 1 point of shadow buffing by wearing Thulecite Crowns which works too now. So yeah having it repaired by such means would be utter cheap design to me, you need to go with at least one of the solution and it would be tremendously better to the gameplay.

1 hour ago, Gi-Go said:

What about making it just like the Cystal crown (since both make their mobs neutral. Bone helm with NM creatures and Gastlets with the crown), where it's infinite, but has 0 defense.

4 minutes ago, Harambe said:

What about making it just like the Cystal crown (since both make their mobs neutral. Bone helm with NM creatures and Gastlets with the crown), where it's infinite, but has 0 defense.

I like to use this helmet during the Celestial Champion fight, it's not the top defence but it's honest work, especially if you want to pair it with something else and usually I do go with the Bone Armor for that, so if you take a hit it's like, not full damage but oh well it's only occasional. :)

4 minutes ago, Harambe said:

Bone helmet is fantastic the way it is now. I like getting punished for playing poorly. I use this hat to farm fuel, and i like putting efford into trying not to scratch my precious skull hat. 

37 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Bone helmet is fantastic the way it is now. I like getting punished for playing poorly. I use this hat to farm fuel, and i like putting efford into trying not to scratch my precious skull hat. 

Again, everyone's got their own playstyles. You could prove yourself to be a champ at boss fighting to have the most minimalistic gear possible, or you can have a held back and relaxed experience while fighting bosses. 

4 hours ago, Wenhelxing said:

Here's the thing, people are cherishing bone helms because of their durability and not using the boss drop to its full extent in combat in fear it might break, so its time the end game boss drop gets a buff

? i dont think anybody fears that when it has a lot of durability and is used in very niche scenarios and/or CC fight

i dont think we need more trash to feed lureplants...

The repairing process could use either bone shards or nightmare fuel. Say each nf fuels 10% or each boneshard fuels 10%. Not everybody wants to beat fuelweaver multiple times, at least give them a choice. You shouldn't force progression in my opinion. You'll need to reset the ruins by killing fw, do why not do it then? We need more gear freedom imo

27 minutes ago, Wenhelxing said:

The repairing process could use either bone shards or nightmare fuel. Say each nf fuels 10% or each boneshard fuels 10%. Not everybody wants to beat fuelweaver multiple times, at least give them a choice. You shouldn't force progression in my opinion. You'll need to reset the ruins by killing fw, do why not do it then? We need more gear freedom imo

You don't have to use the bone helm tho that's just for min maxing his duelists still do reasonable damage without it.

6 hours ago, Wenhelxing said:

Here's the thing, people are cherishing bone helms because of their durability and not using the boss drop to its full extent in combat in fear it might break, so its time the end game boss drop gets a buff

The thing is that you can get plenty of them if you set up a fuelweaver farm which isn't a lot needed to be made. Also the fact that none of us are trying to cherish them that much more of the fact that any durability lost would lead closer to breaking meaning hundreds of shadows going to bite our faces off once it breaks or somehow is lost. It's less of an armor and more of a magical item with specific uses. Like bee queen crowns, better for deconstruction.

Archived