[Game Update] - 530195

and they are coded to try to focus him after an duellist phases....

so that's an cheese, but if you go hit them you cant for free, they can hit you back because of range, and wanda can hit them off range, so nerf wanda's range? because out of the caracter she is the only one that manages to do that? if that is the logic of people that want's maxwell nerfed, "he is the only one that can abuse certain aspect nerf it" so i tell you again this game should be abled to be played in many styles, this maxwell dont favour any fun or strong style, so in my eyes it should change

11 minutes ago, edulopes said:

my problem with those methods is that they are proably not intended to a boss being totally uncapable of hiting anything because they dont know if they agro to maxwell or to the clones, most of the time she just stuck frozen like an popsicle even then not in the cage, that is not maxwell figth fault and yes MOB AI

Maxwell needs 1 slot for fuel 1 slot for codex 1 slot for the healing, same as wanda, do the math bro...
maxwell will have at least 50 san if you dont wanna chaos in the figth because nigth armor will soon take the price, wanda can use enligthment crown toguether or even thulecite crown making nigth armor tank more ( durability wise

a man that knows about the game here, listen to what he say's about the thulecite and armor phase, maxwell cant do that

look how many clocks he's used while face tanking, as i said
in my eyes the mobs cant figth back is an error, because they cant focus on maxwell

Maxwell has higher hp than old age Wanda, you can kite to avoid sanity damage and you can carry sanity food also considering Wanda has more than just the healing watch she's still using more inventory slots and because of his new hat maxwell has far more inventory space than her.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Maxwell has higher hp than old age Wanda, you can kite to avoid sanity damage and you can carry sanity food also considering Wanda has more than just the healing watch she's still using more inventory slots and because of his new hat maxwell has far more inventory space than her.

old wanda is an choice not obligation, i already told that, and even more wanda's damage sky rocket with warly, maxwell not, 
you cant count a shared space for every caracter as his own only

but the problem is that why wanda can face tank with no penalty but maxwell cant just have some decent duellists?

dont forget the slot for bone helm, the crucible, and bone armor, and yeah some armor (wig helm or eye mask) for every day usage, not counting weapon, so yeah both uses slots

so maxwell should have an smaller chest in his hat, like warly's that have an backpack that lets things spoil slower, why no one complain about that?

13 minutes ago, edulopes said:

old wanda is an choice not obligation, i already told that, and even more wanda's damage sky rocket with warly, maxwell not, 

but the problem is that why wanda can face tank with no penalty but maxwell cant just have some decent duellists?

Duelists do 44 damages with dark sword, magic hat and night armour. This is the same level as when the duelists were super strong. How is he weak now? If you spam pillar as you eat cooked cactus flesh literally no boss can touch him. You can let the duelists do all the work! Who cares if his hp is 75??

Edited by Gashzer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Regarding the Shadow Thurible being less efficient than a Dark Sword while actively fighting with minions:
Make so when using the Thurible as a weapon, Maxwell does sword damage and an on-hit effect similar (or the same) Wanda has when hitting enemies with her Alarming Clock.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Duelists do 44 damages with dark sword, magic hat and night armour. This is the same level as when the duelists were super strong. How is he weak now? If you spam pillar as you eat cooked cactus flesh literally no boss can touch him. You can let the duelists do all the work! Who cares if his hp is 75??

as i said at least 30 times, maybe you should read.... but the duellists tank less, the duellists are weaker then yesterday, pillar spam probably will be fixed, because the bosses dont even attack most of the time because they are looking for maxwell, not duellists, that is an problem with AI

3 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

Regarding the Shadow Thurible being less efficient than a Dark Sword while actively fighting with minions:

Eh, I think it is fine as is. If you are using the Thurible, you just want to be hanging back, trading dps for less risk. ie: it's a part of the full caster build.
(or you are good at swapping items a bunch in combat, if you really want to squeeze all the dps you can)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

when they where super strong you didnt need to be close, didnt need to wear specific armor, didnt need to spam them as much as now,  anything i forgot? 

I tried out the changes, conceptually, they are actually really good, however at their current state, they could use some tweaks:

tweak 1: a MAJOR difference between tier 2 and 3/4 (don’t nerf tier two, only buff tier 3 and 4) because if we are going to fight one of the final bosses in the game to upgrade Maxwell, we should have a SEVERE upgrade

tweak 2: further increase or get rid of the range for attack speed/damage for minions because I feel it’s a little unnecessarily complex to have both ranges fighting for dominance and/or having Maxwell need to risk damage despite him being a summoner character.

tweak 3: make the shadow thurible REALLY strong because the benefits don’t outweigh the drawbacks for the minions’ DPS at its current state.

otherwise, I think we have ourselves a winner, but of course, this is your game, so do as you please! I will always love the work you do, so do what you think is right!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

关于Shadow Thurible在主动与小兵作战时效率低于黑暗剑:
当使用Thurible作为武器时,Maxwell会造成剑伤害和类似(或相同)的击中效果,Wanda用她击中敌人时有类似(或相同)的效果闹钟。

It reminds me of something

I think it's time for the Shadow Cloak to come back

• Like 1

but okay, i can still all bosses with wanda, i really like to play a game with only one or two viable way it is just fun just great, incredible you guys that wants nerfs are rigth

but i recommend looking at any DST stream, and you will only see wanda wolf and wicker, sometimes other caracters for fun or challange

24 minutes ago, Daniel14676 said:

Eh, I think it is fine as is. If you are using the Thurible, you just want to be hanging back, trading dps for less risk. ie: it's a part of the full caster build.
(or you are good at swapping items a bunch in combat, if you really want to squeeze all the dps you can)

Why can't the Thurible be both? Besides, you would be able to use it as a refuelable Dark Sword and it would look cool @.@

Edited by Pruinae
Google lied to me
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

Make so when using the Thurible as a weapon, Maxwell does sword damage and an on-hit effect similar (or the same) Wanda has when hitting enemies with her Alarming Clock.

+1 for this idea.

Thurible as the top tier for duelist buff frankly makes no sense to me outside of using a beefalo. Doesn't even need to do the same damage as a dark sword, but if we're incentivizing using thurible as a weapon, I'd like it to deal more than 10 damage (plus refuelable weapons are dope as heck :wilsconnivingsmile:)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Arcwell said:

+1 for this idea.

Thurible as the top tier for duelist buff frankly makes no sense to me outside of using a beefalo. Doesn't even need to do the same damage as a dark sword, but if we're incentivizing using thurible as a weapon, I'd like it to deal more than 10 damage (plus refuelable weapons are dope as heck :wilsconnivingsmile:)

I see that as a stand back tool.

Instead of doing damage I'd prefer it gave the shadows maximum attack speed regardless of distance.

Hell, it should reduce the per minion sanity reduction allowing more shadows to spawn. Being last item and all lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

+1 for this idea.

7 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

Why can't the Thurible be both? Besides, you would be able to use it as a refuellable Dark Sword and it would look cool @.@

it would be an great idea, but soon people will start oh no but only wanda will only do that

13 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Increased range and improved Shadow Duelist attack speed scaling checks for whether Maxwell is nearby and in combat.
  • Greatly increased range for Shadow Duelist damage scaling based on Maxwell’s equipped items.

Why tho

Just now, Arthas Durotan said:

I see that as a stand back tool.

Instead of doing damage I'd prefer it gave the shadows maximum attack speed regardless of distance.

Hell, it should reduce the per minion sanity reduction allowing more shadows to spawn. Being last item and all lol

I like this, but let’s crank it up to 11, max attack speed AND max damage REGARDLESS OF DISTANCE!!!!! That way we can use different things!

Just go back to hotfix 529972, Maxwell needs to be like a real King.

And the code of the AttackPeriod score is complex and not necessary.

Any character should not be limited to some special gears, unless he/she has an exclusive item such as alarming clock. 

So, delete the buff of gears on Max or give him some exclusive equipment. After all, maxwell's exclusive item is too little compared with others. Oh they all have so many exclusive items.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, edulopes said:

As is summoning duelists till your lower sanity.

48 minutes ago, edulopes said:

Considering he's required to access it I believe I can.

51 minutes ago, edulopes said:

As can Maxwell and his duelist are more than decent.

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

As is summoning duelists till your lower sanity.

Considering he's required to access it I believe I can.

As can Maxwell and his duelist are more than decent.

and still middle age wanda does more than 4 duellists

get him use portal done it everyone have it

wanda is still better safer quicker

10 minutes ago, Hupo said:

Just go back to hotfix 529972, Maxwell needs to be like a real King.

And the code of the AttackPeriod score is complex and not necessary.

Any character should not be limited to some special gears, unless he/she has an exclusive item such as alarming clock. 

So, delete the buff of gears on Max or give him some exclusive equipment. After all, maxwell's exclusive item is too little compared with others. Oh they all have so many exclusive items.

Vortex cloak from Hamlet?

+8 inventory slots.

Absorbs 100% of damage (from non-shadows), drains sanity for each hit equal to 30% of absorbed damage

"It's been tailored for me"

Exclusive and all.

Maybe it should block shadow damage too tho....

Edited by Arthas Durotan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Everyone is forgetting that Maxwell can still fight and deal a lot of damage while fully geared in bone armor+thurible, riding an ornery beef+warsaddle.

I think what everyone is trying to say is that they don’t want max’s maximum potential to be locked behind a beefalo because it’s already tedious as is to fight fuelweaver.

• Like 4

their duellists need at least be as tank as they were, because at this point is worth more i focuns only on locking the bosses and letting a wanda kill everything doing 400+ damage 

is cheaper to only mantain the walls and mantain only one wanda and not an army, and we can fully control their imputs