[Game Update] - 530195

48 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

It seems to me that you might be looking at this whole progression like the top tier is supposed to be the only viable option. I just shredded Crab King in 2:40 with a mid-tier setup and five duelists (faster, I might note than before this hotfix when the duelists' attack rate was much less consistent). The top tier items are not going to be viable in the majority of fights in which Maxwell is directly participating, and that seems fine especially considering their new attack rate. I didn't quite catch the context of that Thalz clip but I'm assuming it has to do with wearing a bone helm while trying to attack another target. Working as intended as far as I'm concerned. If you accidentally hit a shadow creature, just unequip the helm, wait for them to despawn, and put it back on.

Maxwell's duelists are stronger than they've ever been, so let's talk more about how the tiered shadow gear can be improved upon.

https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveAgitatedToad4Head-y8plG_23Lxo52ZRD
that is an competent player with5+ k hours of gameplay, thing about an new player...?

5 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

They tank well enough to be effective and still have very strong DPS:

well enough to be usable you say. but that is perfect conditions look on how much you would need to waste to get to that point, now looking is best to just get 2 pcs one just snare the champion and the other hold F as wanda

4 minutes ago, edulopes said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/InventiveAgitatedToad4Head-y8plG_23Lxo52ZRD
that is an competent player with5+ k hours of gameplay, thing about an new player...?

I don't speak Portuguese, dude. Tell me what's going on with these clips please, otherwise I can't respond.

I could have told you that the bone helm doesn't work with Crab King. And I'll say it again, you don't need that kind of power to kill Crab King in less than half a day.

EDIT: Helm. Bone helm.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

It's because they're the highest tier shadow gear for their slots and people said that he should have more of a caster playstyle and they wanted more options than just the nightmare set so they made a compromise you either use the thurible as a caster or a dark sword as a fighter it makes more sense than it initially seems but I do think people who use the thurible and bone helm will likely use a beefalo.

and you will be mawaled by every nigthmare creature in the existance if you miss, as i said, maxwell is only an wall now, from a chopper to an wall

1 minute ago, JazzyGames said:

I don't speak Portuguese, dude. Tell me what's going on with these clips please, otherwise I can't respond.

I could have told you that the bone armor doesn't work with Crab King. And I'll say it again, you don't need that kind of power to kill Crab King in less than half a day.

the shadow's startet to attacking maxwell, the bone armor is just for more damage on summons

my problem is a person that know's what he is doing he is having problems

maxwell will be placed on a single role again, from a logger,
to a "waller" and an mediocre farmer
and bad figth, his sanity is best used on the walls

10 minutes ago, edulopes said:

and you will be mawaled by every nigthmare creature in the existance if you miss, as i said, maxwell is only an wall now, from a chopper to an wall

the shadow's startet to attacking maxwell, the bone armor is just for more damage on summons

my problem is a person that know's what he is doing he is having problems

maxwell will be placed on a single role again, from a logger,
to a "waller" and an mediocre farmer
and bad figth, his sanity is best used on the walls

As much as i hate saying this but I think this is just a skill issue you'll get better with practice.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

As much as i hate saying this but I think this is just a skill issue you'll get better with practice

jesus, tell me what pratice you get with an tank wanda or wolfgang?

cant you see, you work more for less work done, it dont makes sense

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, edulopes said:

and wanda and wolfgang and wig arent faster by an great margin?

LMAO I thought we talking about Maxwell and the bone helm. My bad.

Look dude, just because a skilled player struggles with new content doesn't mean the content is broken. I had a vicious learning curve with this particular update and it took practice with the new spells and summons to really understand how to use Maxwell in combat. I'm still honing my Maxwell game but I wouldn't be discouraged if we don't get the flow right away.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 minute ago, JazzyGames said:

LMAO I thought we talking about Maxwell and the bone helm. My bad.

i just want to compare him with the other options we have, probably even wicker bee's are faster

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the work is the fun...

the reward too...

4 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

Look dude, just because a skilled player struggles with new content doesn't mean the content is broken. I had a vicious learning curve with this particular update and it took practice with the new spells and summons to really understand how to use Maxwell in combat. I'm still honing my Maxwell game but I wouldn't be discouraged if we don't get the flow right away.

i am with you in all that quote, but the problem is, he is as before rework just isnt worth it playing him, the ones tha will play are the ones tha like's him

best to keep playng the top 3 guys 

28 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

They tank well enough to be effective and still have very strong DPS:

other characters do it in less time haha, but relax hater, they will nerf the way you like, then you can play in peace. ;)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

before today's update he was worth it, but servants needed ajustments to not fear shadow creatures

now today's best to play other caracter

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think that is your problem wanting to play "meta" characters rather than Maxwell's problem. And less when he is at such great spot...

as being fadded as an logger and a waller?

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think that is your problem wanting to play "meta" characters rather than Maxwell's problem. And less when he is at such great spot...

i play maxwell, i almost never play meta caracters, but you know after seeing yesterday duellists being in an perfect spot and now looking it is hard to forget how weak they are now

i only use them to figth bosses, because maxwell was always weak to it, now i can at least use him like an wall from my wanda main friend kill all the games content

FUN GAMEPLAY IN SIGTH

Edited by edulopes
changed crap to weak, didnt like the word (sorry for bad english)

18 minutes ago, edulopes said:

jesus, tell me what pratice you get with an tank wanda or wolfgang?

cant you see, you work more for less work done, it dont makes sense

Maxwell is more tanky than old lady wanda and has far more utility than Wolfgang while still having one of the higher damage outputs.

Edited by Mysterious box

Maxwell is more tanky than old lady wanda and has far more utility than Wolfgang while still having one of the higher damage outputs.

more damage means less figth time, mean less time for error means less hits taken, wolfgang has his ultilities and his damage/tanking is unparalelled and unique

13 minutes ago, SullyD said:

other characters do it in less time haha, but relax hater, they will nerf the way you like, then you can play in peace. ;)

But he has higher dps than most of the cast while having high utility what is he supposed to be stronger than the rest the cast in every way?

his damage output is the lowest of the caracters that have higher damage output than normal

Wurt wins
wig wins? spiced wig certainly
Wanda wins
wolf wins
Spiced warly? probably or any other caracter

Edited by edulopes

But he has higher dps than most of the cast while having high utility what is he supposed to be stronger than the rest the cast in every way?

Yes. Then when the next rework comes THAT character becomes the strongest in every way... otherwise who would want to play them?! 

• Haha 2
  • Big Ups 1