[Game Update] - 530195

Just now, Mysterious box said:

I'm call bull if your trying to tell me wig does more damage than him

wig can face tank anything dont have to cait neither eat  as much as other people

2 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Why not?

but he is not

3 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Yes. Then when the next rework comes THAT character becomes the strongest in every way... otherwise who would want to play them?! 

but maxwell with yesterday stats isnt the best caracter of the game, wanda wolf wicker are definitelly better than him, wurt is good as him, warly too, wig too, wormwood is definitelly great 

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Maxwell can face tank due to only taking 5 percent of damage even more so with spices

if you have 5 clones out better lose some DPS eating sanity food

Just now, edulopes said:

but maxwell with yesterday stats isnt the best caracter of the game, wanda wolf wicker are definitelly better than him, wurt is good as him, warly too, wig too, wormwood is definitelly great 

Obviously I was joking, i'm poking fun at suggestions that Maxwell SHOULD be the best character just because... idk he was king of the constant like 10 years ago? Regardless, Maxwell's issue is that he rivals the best of the best in their respective fields. Sure let's assume that those characters are simply better than him, even though that's debatable, he still is second best unquestionably in gathering and fighting, the two most important aspects of the game. And he also gets many other powerful benefits such as cheap shadow chester (don't know if it's as cheap as 6 silk and 15 sanity since you have to properly craft it now), a permanent tam, the ability to scare and wall mobs which no other character has in such magnitude.

He is POWERFUL, one of the the most undeniably. So I find it funny that there's so much talk of making him even stronger, when he is leagues ahead of so many other characters in so many different ways.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, edulopes said:

4 clones i dont remember the max san available, after 10 hits proably you will be insane using the nigth armor

Also if we're including spices we gotta include books so he has grumbles as well as spices.

1 minute ago, SullyD said:

Who says he is not? Why? Are you going to complain about him too? I think it's time to ask, what is your "main" character Sir?

Charlie

Just now, Mysterious box said:

Also if we're including spices we gotta include books so he has grumbles as well as spices.

i told spices wig certainly, i told spices because is part of warly's kit and warly eating it is the same as any other caracter with not damage multpliers

but i got some doubts about base wig

38 minutes ago, edulopes said:

jesus, tell me what pratice you get with an tank wanda or wolfgang?

cant you see, you work more for less work done, it dont makes sense

You also get less materials for things like prepping for bosses or mega basing as both of those characters when you compare them to maxwell, so CLEARLY wanda and Wolfgang should both get buffed in order to compensate for this downside

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, edulopes said:

jesus, tell me what pratice you get with an tank wanda or wolfgang?

cant you see, you work more for less work done, it dont makes sense

Wanda and Wolfgang have always been way too over tuned. Instead of buffing other characters to match them they should get nerfed instead since they shouldn’t have all that power to begin with imo.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Charlie

Oh, how cute, you are the funny guy, I think I already know the answer. I don't know why you are crying so much if Maxwell is strong, relax man, you will be able to keep playing with your favorite character and you will be able to give the excuse ''ha ha Maxwell noob'' so let people be happy, he being OP or not, makes no difference in your life or does it? Too much hate...

• Potato Cup 1

7 minutes ago, edulopes said:

i told spices wig certainly, i told spices because is part of warly's kit and warly eating it is the same as any other caracter with not damage multpliers

but i got some doubts about base wig

I'm not even completely sure Warly wins aside from when it's raining.

one thing i really ask from the bottom of my heart, how many of you guys that are telling maxwell is good as it is,how many of you used him prior rework, and will use him after rework, i am certain that probably 20% most of you just dont want him to be as good as other caracter you guys uses

Edited by edulopes

4 minutes ago, edulopes said:

one thing i really ask from the bottom of my heart, how many of you guys that are telling maxwell is good as it is,how many of you used him prior rework, and will use him after rework, i am certain that probably 20% most of you just dont want him to be as good as other caracter you guys uses

That's a non-argument? People are bringing this up because unlike Wolfgang or Wanda who are the best characters in their field *only, Maxwell steps on EVERYONES toes. Regardless of who you main having a character that so cheaply and effectively fills every single role does not seem like a good idea for a game where character uniqueness and balance is a driving factor in it's enjoyment. Maxwell has overshadowed my main even before the beta, this isn't some secret conspiracy by everyone against Maxwell mains.

Edited by MadMatt
Clarification
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

one thing i really ask from the bottom of my heart, how many of you guys that are telling maxwell is good as it is,how many of you used him prior rework, and will use him after rework, i am certain that probably 20% most of you just dont want him to be as good as others

We have waited a long time for Maxwell to be good, and when it finally happens, people come from the cave to complain about a co-op game. Honestly, 10 years ago these people didn't even know what Don't Starve was, and they have no idea how much this rework was awaited.

8 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Oh, how cute, you are the funny guy, I think I already know the answer. I don't know why you are crying so much if Maxwell is strong, relax man, you will be able to keep playing with your favorite character and you will be able to give the excuse ''ha ha Maxwell noob'' so let people be happy, he being OP or not, makes no difference in your life or does it? Too much hate...

18 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Who says he is not? Why? Are you going to complain about him too? I think it's time to ask, what is your "main" character Sir?

Am i talking to the same person or am i getting whiplash?

3 minutes ago, TitanicTigrex said:

Ok, let’s all just calm down… we don’t want JoeW to be displeased.

all klei staff does an great job but some people just look nerfs nerfs nerfs and dont even think if them will use maxwell

can you please use another word? i didnt understand

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Am i talking to the same person or am i getting whiplash?

4 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

That's a non-argument? People are bringing this up because unlike Wolfgang or Wanda who are the best characters in their field *only, Maxwell steps on EVERYONES toes. Regardless of who you main having a character that so cheaply and effectively fills every single role does not seem like a good idea for a game where character uniqueness and balance is a driving factor in it's enjoyment. Maxwell has overshadowed my main even before the beta, this isn't some secret conspiracy by everyone against Maxwell mains.

can i ask what is your main?

1 minute ago, MadMatt said:

Woodie :P

i like woodie, was my main before maxwell was launched, i used him for some time after rework for figthing, but dished him for wanda because reasons

2 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Woodie :P

but wurt overshadowed both maxwell and woodie....

Just now, edulopes said:

i like woodie, was my main before maxwell was launched, i used him for some time after rework for figthing, but dished him for wanda because reasons

He's pretty neat! Good to find some common ground in these turbulent times :) 

• Like 1
  • Health 1

Just now, MadMatt said:

He's pretty neat! Good to find some common ground in these turbulent times :) 

the problem that i have with him i overused his forms and got bored of them xD, only have love for werebeaver, and sligth for moose

and is a little abnoxious using him during "lunar event" to kill Celestial

4 minutes ago, edulopes said:

but wurt overshadowed both maxwell and woodie....

In a sense but the lump sum is undeniably large. Woodie and Maxwell atleast have some time of dominance before the Merms get florting, and don't have to rely on long respawn timers when they die in Maxwell's case.

2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

the problem that i have with him i overused his forms and got bored of them xD, only have love for werebeaver, and sligth for moose

and is a little abnoxious using him during "lunar event" to kill Celestial

Honestly i'm the opposite, I find Beaver too much of a hassle to use compared to Moose. Sure you save time but that sanity cost is annoying as hell before you get a Tam and it doesn't give you something Woodie can achieve on his own since he has his axe and superior chopping. Moose atleast gives you 90% armor without going to ruins and a fantastic hoard option to farm spiders, fight hounds, and kill frogs which you otherwise would struggle much more without. 

I exclusively play pubs so I never get to experience the lunar event. Maybe I should look up how to actually do it one of these days to see if it's as painful as everyone says it is :o