[Game Update] - 530195

1 minute ago, SullyD said:

The problem is that people are reading the patch notes and don't open the game to test it, or they don't test it enough and think that Maxwell is a god.

They can't see how this mechanic of having LOW HP but being "forced" to engage in the fight makes NO SENSE.

Being "forced" to use specific items and END GAME items, to have a damage on the duelists is RIDICULOUS.

Can't anyone see the problem here of how tiring the gameplay will be ?

Can't speak for everyone but I did which is why I answered some questions about it. As for low hp armor exists and old age wanda player's exist as well it's not like Maxwell can't heal or use armor.

• Like 1

Just now, Mysterious box said:

Can't speak for everyone but I did which is why I answered some questions about it. As for low hp armor exists and old age wanda player's exist as well it's not like Maxwell can't heal or use armor.

wanda can spam ageless watches, has no penalties wearing night armor at old age, has a whip that deals 100 plus damage. Wanda can also tp when in panic mode

1 minute ago, Wenhelxing said:

wanda can spam ageless watches, has no penalties wearing night armor at old age, has a whip that deals 100 plus damage. Wanda can also tp when in panic mode

Wanda can't spam watches due to cooldowns but Maxwell can spam food, has almost no penalties from night armor has on demand followers and cc abilities that can be used for combat or fleeing. While also having pocket chests and gathering abilities.

• Like 2

Just an idea to piggyback on the notion of wearing certain sets of armor+weapon for Duelist Damage enhancements.

Not sure what the development side of this would look like but what if... when wearing one of the 3 sets of of armors, it changes the Shadow Duelists into beefier Shadow Monster Minions...?

Allow me to explain...

Shadow Armor + Dark Sword + Magicians Top Hat = Shadow Duelists become Shadow Rooks, Knights, or Bishops

Thulecite Suit + Thulecite Club + Thulecite Crown = Shadow Duelists become Terrorbeaks

Bone Armor + Bone Helm + Thurible = Shadow Duelists become Shadow FuelWeavers

So now we see a progression the player would experience once they figure out the enhancements from combining the armor+weapon sets plus the Duelists... and begin using them strategically. Early game crafting allows for Tier 1 enhancements, completing and crafting at the PseudoScience Machine unlocks the Tier 2, and then after defeating the FuelWeaver... Tier 3 and the mightiest Shadow Minions of all would make Maxwell a Master of Shadow Summoning Magic! Plus with the top tier version of this idea, the Thurible isn't a useful weapon but the Shadow FuelWeavers could do some serious damage. So in Tier 1 and Tier 2 a player would still fight along side his enhanced Shadow Duelists but at Tier 3 a Maxwell player SHOULD productively use his spells and the summoned Shadow FuelWeavers to defeat Bosses... or utterly decimate Mobs.

If the dev's deadlines and interest levels were permitting... this could be a very fun and fascinating mechanic for Maxwell the Shadow Magic Summoner. But all in all, I for one am loving this Maxwell rework.

UltimateShadowMagicSummoner Hugs and Kisses,
MrWorm

Edited by MrMNWorm
  • Like 5

Maxwell servants are in a really good place right now, I have nothing to complain about. I'd like to see Klei work in some other features for him, as I said before would be great if he could at least have two more magic options. We have so much original powers or mechanics that never were used before:

-Transfer sanity
-Exchange sanity
-Hide allies (invisibility, magician thematic)
-Bubble protection (full invulnerability, short time of course)
-Shield protection (adds shield value to life)
-Induce insanity to allies
-Buff ally at self-sacrifice (Wolfgang trailer)
-Draw cards (each card suit has different effects, magician thematic)
-Save from death (coffin trick, with some penalty, magician thematic)
-Induce to sleep (hypnosis)
-Levitating with cape (magician thematic)
-Reveal bosses on map

Also Maxwell could start the game with at least the minimum knowledge of magic, it won't change so much but this adds for his rework and lore.

• Like 3

Hi devs, I think Maxwell is getting more and more complicated now with a lot of factors and now losing his style.

If he's a fighter, Maxwell should be able to take more damage when his soldiers disappear hatred, and if he's a summoner, I think his soldiers should have a taunting aura, and Maxwell shouldn't be hurt.

I have two suggestions, make Maxwell more able to withstand damage or increase the taunt aura of the soldiers, such as summoning the shadow captain when the sixth soldier is summoned, not afraid of shadow monsters and has a taunt effect, so that Maxwell can Just need to deal with the shadow monster.

Edited by errasua

7 minutes ago, Daniel14676 said:

The fact that you take aggro, makes it so you can't AFK even if you can stay at greater range.

Yeah, it's a good thing, right? Being AFK is a very bad thing...

12 minutes ago, Daniel14676 said:

I will note, that mid game you have like 44ish base damage for you duelists, that's good.

indeed, otherwise it would be too OP, right?

try it with Maxwell, try it against Bee queen, let's see what's good and what's bad.

I give up, it already gave me a headache, nerf more and more and more, it won't make any difference to those who don't play Maxwell anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

8 minutes ago, MrMNWorm said:

只是一个想法,背负着穿着某些盔甲+武器来增强决斗伤害的想法。

不知道这方面的发展会是什么样子,但如果......当穿着三套盔甲中的一套时,它将暗影决斗者变成更强大的暗影怪物奴才......?

请允许我解释...

暗影盔甲 + 暗剑 + 魔法师礼帽 = 暗影决斗者成为暗影车、骑士或主教

Thulecite 套装 + Thulecite Club + Thulecite Crown = 暗影决斗者变成 Terrorbeaks

Bone Armor + Bone Helm + Thurible = Shadow Duelists 成为 Shadow FuelWeavers

因此,现在我们看到了玩家在弄清楚将盔甲+武器套装和决斗者组合在一起的增强功能后会体验到的进步……并开始战略性地使用它们。早期的游戏制作允许对第 1 层进行增强,在 PseudoScience Machine 完成和制作可解锁第 2 层,然后在击败 FuelWeaver 之后……第 3 层和最强大的暗影爪牙将使麦克斯韦成为暗影召唤魔法大师!加上这个想法的顶级版本,Thurible 不是有用的武器,但 Shadow FuelWeavers 可能会造成一些严重的伤害。因此,在第 1 层和第 2 层中,玩家仍会与他的增强型暗影决斗者并肩作战,但在第 3 层中,麦克斯韦玩家应该有效地使用他的法术和召唤的暗影燃料编织者来击败 Boss……或彻底消灭怪物。

如果开发者的最后期限和兴趣水平允许的话……这对于暗影魔法召唤师麦克斯韦来说可能是一个非常有趣和迷人的机制。但总而言之,我喜欢这个 Maxwell 返工。

UltimateShadowMagicSummoner Hugs and Kisses,
MrWorm

so crazy but looks like a good idea

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrMNWorm said:

Not sure what the development side of this would look like but what if... when wearing one of the 3 sets of of armors, it changes the Shadow Duelists into beefier Shadow Monster Minions...?

I like this idea on it's face, but haven't thought about it deeply. Having transformations for the duelists would be cool. Not sure the best way to do it, ie sets or an item or something else. Though I would think they would become something custom made, perhaps loosely based on MrMNWorm's ideas.

11 minutes ago, SullyD said:

try it with Maxwell, try it against Bee queen, let's see what's good and what's bad.

Eh, the characters aren't and shouldn't be directly comparable. Duelists aren't meant to be OP against hordes. So both crap-loads of spiders and Bee-queen are a bad match-up for him. That said, I do plan on trying to do a ruins rush into bee-queen with him. (Though for the record, I'm not that good at the game, so will probably die in the ruins and need to reload some to make it o bee-queen)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I feel like there should be a damage increase on Duelists for every equipment that Maxwell wears, not just Nightmares/Shadow related equipment.

maybe we could have a damage formula, similar to Wigfrid that changes the overall damage of the duelist depending on what Maxwell has equipped, no matter what he wears.

also now that the „Imbue Tophat“ spell is gone maybe we could have something like a „Increase Strength“ Spell that buffs Damage for all followers and Players (except Duelists) in an area around Maxwell, like he did in Wolfgang’s short

idk how that would be done exactly but let me know what you think

4 minutes ago, Daniel14676 said:

Eh, the characters aren't and shouldn't be directly comparable.

Oh, now I can't compare the characters? Because that's what people did most to nerf Maxwell, compare him to Abigail and compare with Wurt, then when I compare you tell me you can not compare? Your argument makes as much sense as your opinion of what is balanced or not...

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 3

27 minutes ago, Wenhelxing said:

You aren't getting my point are you? I'm trying to say that the ''getting involved with combat'' part is ridiculous, tedious, absurd and pointless. 

What makes it so unreasonable for Maxwell he had to fight before this update as does Wes

21 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Yeah, it's a good thing, right? Being AFK is a very bad thing...

indeed, otherwise it would be too OP, right?

I give up, it already gave me a headache, nerf more and more and more, it won't make any difference to those who don't play Maxwell anyway.

While I agree Wendy has got some weird balancing you are comparing a combat character to a character who offers combat, cc, and resource gathering. 

9 minutes ago, SullyD said:

Oh, now I can't compare the characters?

To specify what I mean by 'directly' in directly comparable. Each character has different strengths and weaknesses. Comparing another character streangth to Maxwell's weakness doesn't make sense.

Abigail is very good against large groups, while Maxwell's minions aren't. Saying that Maxwell is weaker dealing with large groups of small enemies than Abigail isn't adding anything useful to the discussion in my opinion.

Edited by Daniel14676
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

What makes it so unreasonable for Maxwell he had to fight before this update as does Wes

That is why he needed the rework, because he was undesireable to play before the update. That's the whole point of the rework. Wes is just a joke character with no upsides except for the speed baloon. Maxwell is MEANT TO BE POWERFUL in the first place. Organize your points my guy.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

He has followers on demand who can harvest and fight, crowd control abilities, followers who can pick up items, a pocket chest(hat), passive sanity regen, can read wickerbottom's books and almost no penalties for using dark equipment.

Wurt has followers who can harvest and fight, high stats if she keeps the king fed, sanity gain from holding a fish which can also be used for weather resistance, and gains extra stats from food.

Do you really consider Wurt the winner here?

Don't forget Merms can't walk on water and shadow duelists/servants can, this is a win for players who sail.

9 hours ago, whiteking said:

The shadow incense burner is a failure. I really don't think that Maxwell's final state should be a role of standing by and letting his own puppet take the place of his own fighting role, which is too boring

But you don't have to stand by and let the puppets fight by themselves, you can equip the dark sword and join in. As some mentioned before: this allows player to do whatever they please: summon and fight or summon and chill.

To get the full variety of the gear is more tedious but it's dynamic and not limited to 3 items as it was on the previous update.

• Like 1

Just now, Wenhelxing said:

That is why he needed the rework, because he was undesireable to play before the update. That's the whole point of the rework. Wes is just a joke character with no upsides except for the speed baloon. Maxwell is MEANT TO BE POWERFUL in the first place. Organize your points my guy.

And in his current state he is powerful in multiple aspects he's kinda like a mini playable fuel weaver.

1 hour ago, Mysterious box said:

Wanda can't spam watches due to cooldowns but Maxwell can spam food, has almost no penalties from night armor has on demand followers and cc abilities that can be used for combat or fleeing. While also having pocket chests and gathering abilities.

yes she can, 3 or more with nigth armor she can face tank almost any boss besides CC

25 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Okay:

my problem with those methods is that they are proably not intended to a boss being totally uncapable of hiting anything because they dont know if they agro to maxwell or to the clones, most of the time she just stuck frozen like an popsicle even then not in the cage, that is not maxwell figth fault and yes MOB AI

Just now, Mysterious box said:

That's 3 or more inventory slots and still limited vs Maxwell's 40 stack and why can't Maxwell tank?

Maxwell needs 1 slot for fuel 1 slot for codex 1 slot for the healing, same as wanda, do the math bro...
maxwell will have at least 50 san if you dont wanna chaos in the figth because nigth armor will soon take the price, wanda can use enligthment crown toguether or even thulecite crown making nigth armor tank more ( durability wise

a man that knows about the game here, listen to what he say's about the thulecite and armor phase, maxwell cant do that

look how many clocks he's used while face tanking, as i said
in my eyes the mobs cant figth back is an error, because they cant focus on maxwell