[Game Update] - 530195

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean he still has the same amount of power in his summons once you get him fully geared but in his fully geared state your actively encouraged not to fight for yourself which is shown by the increased range and the fact that for full power you need to hold the thurible lore wise it makes sense but gameplay wise...

the codex umbra costing more urted a lot, you arent able to deal damage, so the clones should be able to at least deal 90+ damage from their own, because is totally bad those changes  in my eyes

I think this is fine since they were still dishing out way too much dmg for their cost but the book animation definitely needs to be sped up, it feels way too awkward to use mid fight and it lowers your own dps for the time it takes to summon.

Edited by Kappachinos296
  • Like 3

Just now, edulopes said:

the codex umbra costing more urted a lot, you arent able to deal damage, so the clones should be able to at least deal 90+ damage from their own, because is totally bad those changes  in my eyes

The idea seems to be if you think the damage their doing is too low you have to join them in combat however in exchange their damage drops so basically be a caster or be a magic swordsman technically listened to what people wanted they just balanced it. 

• Like 1

i

2 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

The idea seems to be if you think the damage their doing is too low you have to join them in combat however in exchange their damage drops so basically be a caster or be a magic swordsman technically listened to what people wanted they just balanced it. 

i dont know wich people wanted more maxwell nerfs but oh well

Just now, Mysterious box said:

btw what did you mean by the codex costing more I  just noticed that part?

i recharged it, and it just gone from i think 70 or 65% to 89%

let me open the server one sec

I appreciate the detection improvements; definitely noticeable in the consistent attack rate of duelists. I am curious though, is there any situation where swinging with a thurible will be more effective than swinging with a dark sword? The difference in minion damage is like 8 points, meanwhile Maxwell is sacrificing about 108 damage/second by opting for a thurible.

• Like 18
  • Sanity 2
  • Big Ups 1

26 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I mean the previous form had a advantage over Wurt in that his followers are on demand and don't require the same level of upkeep but I still preferred the previous version since it actively rewarded you for participating in combat this change turned him into a caster who just sits back and hopes his shadows can handle things for him which I guess is what people wanted but still it's disappointing...

I agree with being rewarded for participating in combat, but I felt quite uncomfortable playing having to constantly equip various items and summon my soldiers, a lot of simultaneous management just to fight (which is already something that demands attention) I think the way they did it with Wendy is less frustrating, but of course if this all worked out it would be great, I could handle it, but it wasn't the best anyway and now it's gotten worse. It's hard not to compare it with Wurt if there are no benefits in what Maxwell does in relation to Wurt

Edit: I forgot to mention how strange it is for a mage who participates in combat to have such a high casting time, it is very complicated to participate in combat having to flee far away or run in circles to be able to conjure up his allies, not to mention the shadows chasing you.

Edited by xhyom
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

I appreciate the detection improvements; definitely noticeable in the consistent attack rate of duelists. I am curious though, is there any situation where swinging with a thurible will be more effective than swinging with a dark sword? The difference in minion damage is like 8 points, meanwhile Maxwell is sacrificing about 108 damage/second by opting for a thurible.

I think the shadow thurible boost are for people who want to watch the fight not join in the fight lol so dark sword is better if you want to help out.

Edited by Gashzer
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

I guess they're just giving players the choice to be involved in the fight or stay at a distance while the minions kill the boss for you.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

1 minute ago, xhyom said:

It's hard not to compare it with Wurt if there are no benefits in what Maxwell does in relation to Wurt

He has followers on demand who can harvest and fight, crowd control abilities, followers who can pick up items, a pocket chest(hat), passive sanity regen, can read wickerbottom's books and almost no penalties for using dark equipment.

Wurt has followers who can harvest and fight, high stats if she keeps the king fed, sanity gain from holding a fish which can also be used for weather resistance, and gains extra stats from food.

Do you really consider Wurt the winner here?

• Like 1

• Developer
2 minutes ago, edulopes said:

i think it was an glich i cant replicate it

I think you are trying to show the 89% durability on the book it is a side effect of wet fuel sources it has been forwarded internally to discuss if it is intentional.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

9 minutes ago, xhyom said:

Edit: I forgot to mention how strange it is for a mage who participates in combat to have such a high casting time, it is very complicated to participate in combat having to flee far away or run in circles to be able to conjure up his allies, not to mention the shadows chasing you

This is what shadow sneak and shadow prison are for. Sneak panics hordes and prison holds bosses both give you the time to get your minions out.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

He has followers on demand who can harvest and fight, crowd control abilities, followers who can pick up items, a pocket chest(hat), passive sanity regen, can read wickerbottom's books and almost no penalties for using dark equipment.

Wurt has followers who can harvest and fight, high stats if she keeps the king fed, sanity gain from holding a fish which can also be used for weather resistance, and gains extra stats from food.

Do you really consider Wurt the winner here?

Not counting the Wickerbottom books, yes. Wurt manages to do all this with a pretty safe amount of health, without having to equip herself with specific items and of course she has her seasonal benefits which are practically making every season fall.
I don't see much advantage in having an army in my pocket, I found some smaller fights with his soldiers even more difficult because of the confusion they cause with aggro changes.

well, i bid farwell from today, i lost all my joy for today gameplay
i hope the situation about this rework changes for the better in my eyes, i know klei will find a better spot for everyone, maybie will be like this maybie not, but really my energies were drained after this patch note sadly

1 minute ago, xhyom said:

Not counting the Wickerbottom books, yes. Wurt manages to do all this with a pretty safe amount of health, without having to equip herself with specific items and of course she has her seasonal benefits which are practically making every season fall.
I don't see much advantage in having an army in my pocket, I found some smaller fights with his soldiers even more difficult because of the confusion they cause with aggro changes.

and wurt even have infinity sanity with wicker books

In fact, using a necklace really puzzles me. This (except for something that can shine) is even less related to shadow magic than wands and bat swords?

I think the first level can be removed completely, and the luminous necklace, wand and bat sword can be placed in the second level, the shadow equipment and thulium mine equipment can be placed in the third level, and even the bone suit can be placed in the second level. The shadow incense burner is a failure. I really don't think that Maxwell's final state should be a role of standing by and letting his own puppet take the place of his own fighting role, which is too boring

In fact, the range of influence of equipment does not need to be so large, so Maxwell does not need to participate in the fight at all. He seems to have become a cheating player

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xhyom said:

I mean if your using night armor maxwell should also have a very safe amount of hp or if your using bone armor he should have a decent amount of grace between attacks and having a pocket army means he's ready to fight or harvest whenever and wherever which can't be said for Wurt who needs to worry about shards and the like add his crowd control abilities to the mix and his combat is very safe I think it more so comes down to needing to adjust to his new style.

Both wurt and maxwell are different enough now.

Maxwell is better for a more lazy on demand pocket army, good for players that can handle his low hp and can't be bothered recruiting followers.

Wurt is less dependent on her follows than maxwell, 250hp buff from merm king makes her one of the tankiest characters in the game... plus marble suit and she becomes nigh unkillable. Wurts merm guards follow her around so once setup, she doesnt have to waste time casting minions for every fight. Seasonal protection is insane with fish. And she can give her merms to others which maxwell cant do.

• Like 5

I prefer the original appearance. His hat can provide a certain increase, but to a small extent. In this case, if you don't want your armor to wear too fast, you can wear a helmet; If you have enough confidence in your skills, you can wear a hat, and you can get some additional damage, but it is not obvious. I think this is a reasonable game mode, rather than determining the increase effect based on the strength of the equipment. It seems to tell others: I am nobler than you because I have money. I think it should be reversed. Maxwell is obviously a character who needs skills, so he should get stronger strength in a more dangerous state (wearing a hat without defense), rather than wearing a hat that can resist shadow monsters, wear a armor that can block any attack, and then hide to watch his puppet abuse boss

• Like 5