[Game Update] - 529972

• Developer

Changes

• Added sound effects for fueling the Codex Umbra.
  • Shadow Servants, Polly Rogers, and the Lazy Forager will no longer try to pick up Lanterns nor Pumpkin Lanterns.
  • Shadow Servants will now try to pick up nearby items before walking around their work radius.
  • Shadow Servants will now help pick things like grass, twigs, and berry bushes.
  • Shadow Duelists changes:
    • Phases out temporarily when hit, similar to other Shadow Creatures.
    • Damage taken per hit is now capped, improving survivability.
    • Removed passive health regeneration.
    • Added a secondary attack where they dash forward to perform a stronger lunging strike.
    • Removed kiting behaviour to make them more aggressive as an area targeted command spell.
  • Further improved loot tables for Rabbits, Bunnymen, and Splumonkeys transformed by Shadow Sneak.
  • Increased the intensity for an AMD-specific issue with the minimap to test banding issues.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash sometimes when using Shadow Sneak in the Caves.
  • Fixed a Shadow Servant case where they ignore some items to pick up.
  • Fixed missing Magician’s Chest minimap icon.
  • Fixed Shadow Duelists not relaxing if a player hits them while PvP is off.

Notes for modders

• The handling for shadow_container has been refactored.

View full update

• Like 40
  • Thanks 7
  • Hunger 1
  • GL Happy 4

18 minutes ago, V2C said:

Further improved loot tables for Rabbits, Bunnymen, and Splumonkeys transformed by Shadow Sneak.

Could it be possible to make it transform flowers into evil flowers with the spell? It would give it another use, and fits really well with Maxwell. 

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 31
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

19 minutes ago, V2C said:
    • Added a secondary attack where they dash forward to perform a stronger lunging strike.
    • Removed kiting behaviour to make them more aggressive as an area targeted command spell.

Ok this makes me want to play Maxwell more than ever.

• Like 13

Klei I know it's strange to ask for such a thing, but you can please stelat so that if Wurt (maybe even Wickerbottom) read the Codex Umbra, they will completely lose their mind and cast a random spell around themselves. I think this would be an extremely interesting interaction between the characters ^-^

Edited by Creatorofswamps
  • Like 12

39 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Flowers will be selected to not be picked in the next hotfix. Please let us know if there are other very undesired things that are now being picked.

Could you add mandrakes to this list aswell? 

Stone fruit bushes on thier last growth stage would be good to add too.

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 12
  • Ninja 1

Wow, the day I'd see shadow duelist be actually strong and capable, who knew?..

That said, they might be a little too strong right now, I'm not sure if it's intentional to have them beat most bosses in at most 2 castings without much any consequence to Maxwell.

Perhaps they can die more easily (damage cap lessened x0.5), have reduced base damage, or better come with a more pronounced risk like instead of capping from sanity, shadow duelist can cap from your health. You'd lose max 15 HP for every duelist, perhaps down to either 15 or 1, letting you only have 4-5 of them. Currently it seems you're under no risk and can win by doing absolutely nothing.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, V2C said:

Added sound effects for fueling the Codex Umbra

Any chance we can get a new sound effect for the Codex Umbra's casting?
It feels strange having the same sounds as Wicker's Books since the Codex itself is radically different and all.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, V2C said:
  • Further improved loot tables for Rabbits, Bunnymen, and Splumonkeys transformed by Shadow Sneak.
  • Increased the intensity for an AMD-specific issue with the minimap to test banding issues.

Super good changes please make the magicians tophat the same across shards

• Like 5

Great update. This is definitely what i want for Maxwell but he might be a teeny little bit too powerful lol.

Maybe bosses should kill them with a single hit? You just need to spam them more.

Fighters cost more nf to summon? 

Cooldown for dead fighters before you can summon them again?

I am not good at this...

Edit: I am 100% fine and happy without any changes tho. I just wanted to put it out here. 

Edited by Arthas Durotan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

a more pronounced risk like instead of capping from sanity, shadow duelist can cap from your health. You'd lose max 15 HP for every duelist, perhaps down to either 15 or 1, letting you only have 4-5 of them. Currently it seems you're under no risk and can win by doing absolutely nothing.

What if when trying to spam spells/more duelists on low sanity, maxwell gets stunned by the same nightmare mind control fuelweaver does to players? And it causes some kind of negative effect like health loss?Engulfed_by_the_shadows.thumb.jpg.b6b86faacaaa5c01d336313c63afa642.jpg

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 11